Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    In Memento Mori, Walter brings General Landry that "Seeking Information - Attempt to Identify" paper with Vala's picture and description!!!

It reads:

WHITE
    FEMALE
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 105 LBS
    Build: SLIM
    Complexion: FAIR
    Hair: BLACK
    Eyes: BLUE

Sorry if this is repeated information...it just seemed like we could never tell because her eyes always look different colour but the PTB for Stargate have given us this standard information! Yay!! I can start writing in her eye colour in my fics again!
    Not a put a damper on your celebration but I thought CB had grey eyes

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

LOL Stef that's one of the ones I never got, I knew there was a jab there but I think I was looking too hard. I got it now, after reading your post Harrid/Salis thing right...?
      Yeah. Also when Vala took over Daniel's body. Those two have swapped bodies with a lot of people...I hope they were safe

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Just thought of another moment I liked, when they're talking about body-swapping and Vala laughs and says something like, "As if anyone would believe that!" and Daniel just looks at her. For some reason I never really processed that joke until recently. The great thing about this episode is that every time I watch it I pick up on new things

-Stef
        OMG, I never caught that but you're so right
        I love that they referenced that..

Milena nice catch! I'm glad we've finally got that..

Stef, I thought they were gray too, but I think she has magic eyes that just decide what color they want to be *nodnod*
        Erm.. I'm a bit tired, can you tell?
        Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Wait, Vala is supposed to be 25-30?!

-Stef

Comment

Wait, Vala is supposed to be 25-30?!

-Stef
            Yep Another clue in the mystery! Now we can probably more accurately judge how long she was a host for...it's probably only 10 years now not 20. And remember how stress and torture can really age a person

And yeah her eyes look gray something, green others, teal too, dark blue but I'm soooo not caring about my own opinion anymore The flyer says blue, I'm taking that as a truth from the PTB

EDIT: I wouldn't really buy the 105 Lbs thing either, not at 5'9" just after having a baby But if the PTB wanna say 105...
            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Oh, I don't know...CB is pretty tiny. She's got a small frame and is thin. I can see it...give or take 10 pounds.

Yeah, her eyes can look a lot of different colors, but I'm almost positive CB's eyes are supposed to be grey. Maybe they just decided to go with blue for Vala...they could pass as that I know that half of the time I think they're either green or blue. I've seen people describe her eyes as 100 different colors...so whatever. I never mind

-Stef

Comment

Oh, I don't know...CB is pretty tiny. She's got a small frame and is thin. I can see it...give or take 10 pounds.

Yeah, her eyes can look a lot of different colors, but I'm almost positive CB's eyes are supposed to be grey. Maybe they just decided to go with blue for Vala...they could pass as that I know that half of the time I think they're either green or blue. I've seen people describe her eyes as 100 different colors...so whatever. I never mind

-Stef
                Oooh you know what? Simple solution: get it straight from the source! Who's going to the convention where CB will be present (with MS yay!)?? It's an insanely quick question to ask! No?
                ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

He He. Yes, she'd probably just look at you weird though I had actually made a banner once for Vala and someone commented that they liked it, but that her eyes weren't actually brown, as they appeared in the banner. I guess it was the special effects I'd used. Just a weird comment, no? I hadn't even thought about it.

-Stef

Comment

Yay on LITS...

I could be mistaken because I don't remember where I heard this but wasn't it BB's idea to switch, his reasoning being that it would make more sense for Daniel to be Vala's vision of Crichton rather than Mitchell?

There really were so many hilarious moments and lines that I love. I especially like how they poke fun of themselves and the network and reference other shows Makes the sf geek in me happy!

-Stef
                    BB wanted to switch coz of the reason that was already mentionned and that he wanted a chance to play something else I believe. Didn't want it to seem tooo Farscapy, and it was Vala's imagination...

JABS CON'T

In Martin's escape scene (the impossible one) where SG-1 is running from the replicators and encounter a valley of Jaffa.
                    Sam: We gotta go, we've got 10 seconds before the time dilation field is activated. If we don't make it through the gate we'll be stuck here forever!

---Might just be me but I took this as a hint of Unending

Cam: Even if the valley wasn't filled with Jaffa we could never have made it to the gate and dialled out in under 10 seconds.
                    Martin: Good, see, that's why we're here. So what do you think? 30 seconds? Maybe...maybe not such a round number, how about...38!

---Jab at how they got to the maximum time the stargate wormhole can stay active? 38 minutes?

Daniel: What difference does it make? It's not like you're going to have an actual ticking clock on the screen.
                    Martin: That's brilliant!
                    Daniel: That's ridiculous

---Jab at MS's role on 24?
                    Love the jab listings!!!! Can't green you *sulk* so Virtual GREEN

Ok, so I'm back from work and after I find the spider that just crawled under the couch I'll be off to watch 200. I'll spoiler all my non D/V comments.

Oh, and if I found a song for a D/V vid even though I have absolutly no idea how to do vids, can I post it here? Are there folks who take song suggestions and make vids???
                    sigpic

Comment

Sure, feel free to post songs. I know that I am always open to suggestions. I don't always use them but I at least search out the song and give it a go.

-Stef

Comment

Ok. Here's the song. Heard it ages ago and thought S/J at first but I don't think it fits... perhaps not with D/V either...

Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins

Spoiler:
                        When I'm feeling blue
                        All I have to do
                        Is take a look at you
                        Then I'm not so blue
                        When you're close to me
                        I can feel you heart beat
                        I can hear you breathing
                        In my ear
                        Wouldn't you agree?
                        Baby, you and me got a groovy kind of love

Any time you want to
                        You can turn me on to
                        Anything you want to
                        Any time at all
                        When I kiss your lips
                        Ooh, I start to shiver
                        Can't control the quivering inside
                        Wouldn't you agree?

Ooh

When I'm feeling blue
                        All I have to do
                        Is take a look at you
                        Then I'm not so blue
                        When I'm in your arms
                        Nothing seems to matter
                        My whole world can shatter
                        I don't care

Wouldn't you agree?

We got a groovy kind of love
                        Ooh, ooh

Bolded bit are my favourite lines... kinda slow song... heard it at work today and it's currently playing in my head...
                        sigpic

Comment

JABS CON'T

In Martin's escape scene (the impossible one) where SG-1 is running from the replicators and encounter a valley of Jaffa.
                          Sam: We gotta go, we've got 10 seconds before the time dilation field is activated. If we don't make it through the gate we'll be stuck here forever!
                          That is a reference to a season six episode where they first run into the human form replicators. (I caught this when i was watching my way through all the seasons after watching 200 for my first episode) The episode is Unnatural Selection. It is also the episode where we find out about the Asgard and the Time Dilation technology in the first place.

Just thought of another moment I liked, when they're talking about body-swapping and Vala laughs and says something like, "As if anyone would believe that!" and Daniel just looks at her. For some reason I never really processed that joke until recently. The great thing about this episode is that every time I watch it I pick up on new things

-Stef
                          LOL Stef that's one of the ones I never got, I knew there was a jab there but I think I was looking too hard. I got it now, after reading your post Harrid/Salis thing right...?

EDIT: Congratulations gioia!!! I'm glad you have a computer at home again

I also took the body swapping glance to be refering to the Ma'chello body swapping capper in season 2's Holiday.

As for the jabs the 'interviews' at the end are full of them The Dr. Levant one is full of jabs at MS and his missing season.

They also have jabs at the original movie Stargate - the entire puppet sequence. Daniel drawing on the monitor and what isn't about the movie is about the Pilot episode.

The zombie bit was a poke at telchack device from Evolution and tghe whole Anubis drone bussiness.

Let's not forget the fishing scene is a poke at the end of both Threads and Mobius.
                          sigpic
                          thanks Stef
                          Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                            Ok. Here's the song. Heard it ages ago and thought S/J at first but I don't think it fits... perhaps not with D/V either...

Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins

Spoiler:
                            When I'm feeling blue
                            All I have to do
                            Is take a look at you
                            Then I'm not so blue
                            When you're close to me
                            I can feel you heart beat
                            I can hear you breathing
                            In my ear
                            Wouldn't you agree?

Any time you want to
                            You can turn me on to
                            Anything you want to
                            Any time at all
                            When I kiss your lips
                            Ooh, I start to shiver
                            Can't control the quivering inside
                            Wouldn't you agree?

Ooh

When I'm feeling blue
                            All I have to do
                            Is take a look at you
                            Then I'm not so blue
                            When I'm in your arms
                            Nothing seems to matter
                            My whole world can shatter
                            I don't care

Wouldn't you agree?

Ooh, ooh

Bolded bit are my favourite lines... kinda slow song... heard it at work today and it's currently playing in my head...
                            The lyrics seem nice, I'll go and see if I can hear it on YT. I'm kind of in an alternative/rock place right now but that doesn't mean I can't save it for later if I really like it. But any vidder who wants to, by all means make a vid to it now

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                            I also took the body swapping glance to be refering to the Ma'chello body swapping capper in season 2's Holiday.
                            Yeah, I can see that. I guess I always assume he's referring to Crusade or Avalon-Origin because those are the most recent incidences and both involved Vala...so her comment is made all the more ludicrous -- and Daniel even gives her a look about it

As for the jabs the 'interviews' at the end are full of them The Dr. Levant one is full of jabs at MS and his missing season.
                            He He. I like the jab at MS "...it went a long way to convincing the producers to take me back...to have me...to invite me back. It wasn't their decision, they called and said Dave, do you want to, and I was ready..."

I like the catch-phrase bit with Peter DeLuise as the Mitchell rip-off I know they were really trying to push "Now that's what I'm talkin about!" in season 9, so I find it funny that they were able to make fun of themselves over that not once but twice (notice that Teen-Mitchell uses the line).

They also have jabs at the original movie Stargate - the entire puppet sequence. Daniel drawing on the monitor and what isn't about the movie is about the Pilot episode.
                            AH! How could I forget the funniest moment of the episode!? Puppet Daniel drawing on the board and then circling the symbol on the gate has to be THE funniest moment of the entire episode. It was just...hilarious. I honestly crack up every time.

-Stef

Comment

Here's a good link to get the "in-jokes" from 200.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/200_(St...and_References

I like the Wizard of Oz reference with Vala in pigtails as Dorothy.

Djay
                              He's her Lobster!
                              LTS: Life's too short

Comment

I'm sorry but everytime I see that last pic my mind automatically wanders somewhere inappropriate

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X