Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
    Ok, I don't know if this was properly answered, but the season 10 credits changed for the Company of Thieves, the ep right after MM when Vala becomes a full-fledged member of SG-1

<Snip>

And about the Zat, I think the writers really gloss over the fact that this weapon can kill. I think in later seasons, the writers just use it as a stun weapon. Anybody else agree?

~Erin
    Thanks Erin! That does make sense.

And about the zats, ITA that it's been a while since they've been used as a killing weapon but that's kind of surprising isn't it? I mean when there's an attack and everybody's shooting at everybody with Zats, you'd think at least one person would accidentally be shot twice or even three times...I know those scenes are fixed so that conveniently you only get shot once but realistically I'd expect at least a few people to vanish into thin air in the middle of a Zat fight Just something that bugs me everytime the zats come out
    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
      Thanks Erin! That does make sense.

And about the zats, ITA that it's been a while since they've been used as a killing weapon but that's kind of surprising isn't it? I mean when there's an attack and everybody's shooting at everybody with Zats, you'd think at least one person would accidentally be shot twice or even three times...I know those scenes are fixed so that conveniently you only get shot once but realistically I'd expect at least a few people to vanish into thin air in the middle of a Zat fight Just something that bugs me everytime the zats come out
      Yeah. Ha! It probably bugs the writers too, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
        I know you don't hate Daniel! It's just that most of you are Vala fans rather than Daniel so you are more disposed toward Vala...nothing wrong with this but, seems to me, that most of you are always a bit harsh with Daniel, even when he doesn't deserve it, like in FT. Now I post something that I PMed to ErinB, about their snarkiness and banter...
        ...and for Daniel snarkiness and Vala upsetting behaviour I like it because show me how equal they are and how comfortable they are with each other, Daniel, if he want, can be himself with Vala and Vala with Daniel, with Tomin she can't be herself....
        In season 10 I miss a little bit all their banter and snarkiness and upsetting behaviour....but thanks god for Dominion and Unending!
        You're right, I do tend to get a little upset by FT. I think I just thought it was off the first time I watched it, but then I started talking to people and it kind of blew up from there I'm just not a fan of Daniel in that one scene, I have nothing against him in the rest of the episode. Maybe it was because I was hoping to see Daniel being uber-supportive...and was a little disappointed with what I got!

I agree about the snarkiness. Don't get me wrong, I loved their banter in the 9th season...but part of that was because Vala deserved it, or gave back as good as Daniel gave. I liked that interplay between them. However, BH didn't really feel like it was in line with that...it seemed a little more one-sided.

After Vala "died" that kind of banter was significantly diminished. Part of that is because D/V reached a new level in their relationship, and also because Vala has matured some. The banter they have in F&B is good, just a smidge softer...which I also like. CoT is the closest we've gotten to that season 9 mentality...but I have some issues with that episode simply because it came after MM and I was expecting something else. That one wasn't that bad though because, again, Vala was an equal participant in the banter. That's my own real problem, when I feel like it's one person railing against the other with the other person just taking it. As long as they are BOTH participating, I have no problem with bantering (it's one of my favorite things about D/V).

Ooooh hey, I don't know if this has ever been touched on before but has anyone else noticed that for a man who protests Vala's advances every step of the way, Daniel seems to have no problem with her invading his personal bubble?? How many times does she run her hand over his scruffy beard and lets it linger there without him reacting at all, he doesn't glare, doesn't move away, doesn't bat her hand off

EDIT: And I was just watching another vid and I noticed (for the millionth time) that, although Daniel pushes Vala away eventually when she's undoing his belt in Unending, she actually spends a lot of time there and he doesn't move until his belt is actually undone...I'll wait for that discussion to talk about it more but it's another aspect of Vala's touching him that he allows...
        It's true. I mean, he let's her touch him A LOT. And you're right about the buckle thing. I always notice that, how he kind of just lets her work it off for a few seconds before stepping in. Although, we know he wants to be with her...he just doesn't want it to be like that. So maybe he was thinking about sleeping with her at that moment before realizing that, no, he wants more.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Stef you rock! Let me find a smiley for you...

Well that's the closest I could find

But you just gave me a happy idea for fic #92 So thanks

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Are we watching an episode tonight, and if so, which one?
            Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Hey all. I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed catching up from last night. I was so busy at work today that I didn't have time to contribute much. Hopefully I will be able to either stay up a bit tonight, or else post some responses tomorrow morning!!
              sigpic
              Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                Are we watching an episode tonight, and if so, which one?
                Tonight will be Uninvited I believe Renny you have that ep?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Indeed I do.
                  I'm just debating whether I'm going to watch now or wait for the episode chat to start..

sigpic
                  Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                    Indeed I do.
                    I'm just debating whether I'm going to watch now or wait for the episode chat to start..
                    Good question...myself I've taken to watching it at the stroke of midnight and writing my thoughts as they come I'd love to know yours too

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Stef you rock! Let me find a smiley for you...

Well that's the closest I could find

But you just gave me a happy idea for fic #92 So thanks
                      Wait, I made you think of something?! What did I say??

Yup, good ole Uninvited. I'll tell you right now that I have a fondness for this episode because it was the first one of season 10 I ever watched...and was the episode that got me addicted to SG-1. So I might be little miss defensive tonight

But speaking of Hilary Duff (what, we were talking about her...about a page ago...okay, so that was random), someone made a nice video to her song "Outside of You." Between these two songs, I decided to see if the whole album was good. Meh. But this song and the one Milena suggested are still good. Anyway, HERE's the link.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                        Wait, I made you think of something?! What did I say??

Yup, good ole Uninvited. I'll tell you right now that I have a fondness for this episode because it was the first one of season 10 I ever watched...and was the episode that got me addicted to SG-1. So I might be little miss defensive tonight

But speaking of Hilary Duff (what, we were talking about her...about a page ago...okay, so that was random), someone made a nice video to her song "Outside of You." Between these two songs, I decided to see if the whole album was good. Meh. But this song and the one Milena suggested are still good. Anyway, HERE's the link.

-Stef
                        Lol, just a comment on the Unending scene Don't worry about it, you can read it when it's written

And I've seen that vid by Nicole, I love it!

And really? Uninvited got you hooked? I haven't watched it in almost a year I guess but it just strikes me as odd that that's the ep that got you into it. I'm sure you'll explain why exactly it appealed to you tonight but isn't it the ep in the forest, Daniel is still absent and Vala is kind of ignored? If I'm way off base I apologize As I said I can't remember much (mostly Vala's tracking plan, lol) I should probably withhold further comment until I actually watch it again!

T-minus 2.75 hours until Uninvited discussion

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Lol, just a comment on the Unending scene Don't worry about it, you can read it when it's written

And I've seen that vid by Nicole, I love it!

And really? Uninvited got you hooked? I haven't watched it in almost a year I guess but it just strikes me as odd that that's the ep that got you into it. I'm sure you'll explain why exactly it appealed to you tonight but isn't it the ep in the forest, Daniel is still absent and Vala is kind of ignored? If I'm way off base I apologize As I said I can't remember much (mostly Vala's tracking plan, lol) I should probably withhold further comment until I actually watch it again!

T-minus 2.75 hours until Uninvited discussion
                          Yeah, people always give me weird looks when I tell them that (well, I imagine them giving me weird looks over the internet). I don't want to go into too much detail, I'll save that for later, but I liked the way the team interacted. Vala/Teal'c, Vala/Sam, Cam/Landry, Everyone-Poker. I thought it was a fun standalone...more on this in...2.5 hours.

-Stef

Comment

Good question...myself I've taken to watching it at the stroke of midnight and writing my thoughts as they come I'd love to know yours too
                            Alrighty, I'll try and restrain myself until then *g*
                            I actually don't remember much of this episode at all.

Originally posted by Stef View Post

-Stef
                            I'm surprised, it's actually not all that bad! (normally I have a serious thing about not liking Hilary Duff, heh)

sigpic
                            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Okay, so Wendy just called in a marker for a D/V music video. I don't want to spoil it by divulging the song she chose, but let's just say it shall be an interesting adventure for me. If I start getting nostalgic tonight, forgive me

-Stef

Comment

Hey, I have a question, why do so many people not like "Family Ties"?

Nostalgia can be good Stef

sigpic
                                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Working...
                                X