X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
    Hey Milena, hey Stef
    *blushes*
    I don't have this episode, I'm trying to get ahold of it now, so I've been lurking in the meantime. I haven't seen this episode since it's original airing in the US..
    Really? I have it...but I don't suppose I could telepathically transport it to you

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hey Milena, hey Stef
      *blushes*
      I don't have this episode, I'm trying to get ahold of it now, so I've been lurking in the meantime. I haven't seen this episode since it's original airing in the US..
      Renny!!! Heyy! That's okay Some of the things we're commenting on must jog your memory a bit or if not you can just gab away about how swoon-worthy Ba'al is
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Really? I have it...but I don't suppose I could telepathically transport it to you

-Stef
        Heh. I wish. And unfortunately, all my beaming systems are down at the moment. As they say, they do not make them as they once did ]

Edit:

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
        Renny!!! Heyy! That's okay Some of the things we're commenting on must jog your memory a bit or if not you can just gab away about how swoon-worthy Ba'al is
        Lol, you know I never realized I wasn't the only one who thought Ba'al is a really hot villain until I came here..
        Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Congrats on 100 posts, Ren!!

Yup, I think it was his overly ornate wardrobe and arrogance that first attracted me to Ba'al Like I said, I thought that scene with Vala was hot...but that might just be because I have a secret fantasy involving Ba'al and an interrogation room

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Lol, you know I never realized I wasn't the only one who thought Ba'al is a really hot villain until I came here..
            OMG I didn't even notice Ren!!

On the 100 posts!!

And hoooo-boy, for me it was definitely the smug grin and the accent...and the hair...and the demeanor...and the eyes...and the facial hair...I could go on but it's a PG forum

Omg that scene where all the Ba'als were in the same room with Sam = <-- Milena taking Sam out of the picture and putting herself in

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

*grin*
              Thanks you two, I hadn't even noticed

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                Omg that scene where all the Ba'als were in the same room with Sam = <-- Milena taking Sam out of the picture and putting herself in
                Oh no, it's all about the Vala/Ba'al scene for me...except I'm Vala...and I wouldn't be pretending to seduce him

But this is a D/V thread so let me try to get back on track...

Try to think back to your first time watching the episode, what did you think about a Daniel-less episode with Vala? The only other time we've seen this is in Crusade...but this is her first time on the team without Daniel around. Did you kind of miss the D/V interactions or did you enjoy seeing Vala interact with the rest of the team...or both?

For my part, I actually liked seeing how Vala interacted with the team when Daniel wasn't around. At the same time, it was a little weird because Vala is almost always with Daniel and for that to be entirely absent in this episode was a strange feeling. But I think she proved that she can be a productive member of the team, that she can stand on her own separate from Daniel. I've said it once before, but I think that the episodes that allow Vala to integrate herself into SG-1 are the ones without Daniel (Crusade, Insiders, Uninvited, Line In the Sand). It just seems that when Daniel is around, all of her attention and dialogue seems to be with him. Not that I'm complaining, but it's always nice to see her develop relationships outside of the all-important one she shares with Daniel. Mostly, I like to see that Vala has friends. Hence, why I like Uninvited for the Teal'c/Vala bits, TQ2/Bad Guys/The Shroud for the Cam/Vala bits, and Family Ties for the Sam/Vala bits.

-Stef

Comment

Ahh, you were hiper-uber-active last night.
                  three or four pages for a night, I wouldn't be suprised if our thread will hit the 1000 page soon
                  GO, US!!!!

I'll try to come in and catch up later, I hope.

Madaboutdanny,Benvenuta. I've seen you at the other threads and glad that you found your way into our thread.
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Oh no, it's all about the Vala/Ba'al scene for me...except I'm Vala...and I wouldn't be pretending to seduce him

But this is a D/V thread so let me try to get back on track...

Try to think back to your first time watching the episode, what did you think about a Daniel-less episode with Vala? The only other time we've seen this is in Crusade...but this is her first time on the team without Daniel around. Did you kind of miss the D/V interactions or did you enjoy seeing Vala interact with the rest of the team...or both?

For my part, I actually liked seeing how Vala interacted with the team when Daniel wasn't around. At the same time, it was a little weird because Vala is almost always with Daniel and for that to be entirely absent in this episode was a strange feeling. But I think she proved that she can be a productive member of the team, that she can stand on her own separate from Daniel. I've said it once before, but I think that the episodes that allow Vala to integrate herself into SG-1 are the ones without Daniel (Crusade, Insiders, Uninvited, Line In the Sand). It just seems that when Daniel is around, all of her attention and dialogue seems to be with him. Not that I'm complaining, but it's always nice to see her develop relationships outside of the all-important one she shares with Daniel. Mostly, I like to see that Vala has friends. Hence, why I like Uninvited for the Teal'c/Vala bits, TQ2/Bad Guys/The Shroud for the Cam/Vala bits, and Family Ties for the Sam/Vala bits.

-Stef
                    Heh. You know, when I first saw this, I wasn't so crazy about an entire episode without Daniel, but as I think about it (I'm watching now) I think it was good in a way for Vala to interact with the team on her own, because as you said, a lot of her lines tend to be towards Daniel and even a pretty good amount of his lines are to her. I think it has to do with magnets or something.
                    Anywho, it was good for her to be working with the rest of SG-1..

EDIT: Am I the only one who thinks that having a scrambler so it's impossible to get a lock on a beaming signal is a bit odd? I mean yes, it's a good thing in case there are evil dudes trying to escape, but what if they need to beam out?

sigpic
                    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Yeah, as much as I love seeing D/V together, I think it's important that Vala find her own place within SG-1 separate from Daniel. Otherwise, if Daniel ever left (or died again), where would that leave Vala? She'd just be someone the team felt obligated to keep on rather than a friend and co-worker. Plus, I feel like Vala was often defined by who she was in relation to Daniel, his responsibility, rather than her own person. I don't like that idea. For them to be equals, she needs to establish herself outside of him. As much as I may have been disappointed with the lack of D/V (which I don't think I was too much because I had just started watching at Uninvited), I think that these two episodes are very important for the growth and development of her character within the team.

Does that make any sense??

-Stef

Comment

Yeah, as much as I love seeing D/V together, I think it's important that Vala find her own place within SG-1 separate from Daniel. Otherwise, if Daniel ever left (or died again), where would that leave Vala? She'd just be someone the team felt obligated to keep on rather than a friend and co-worker. Plus, I feel like Vala was often defined by who she was in relation to Daniel, his responsibility, rather than her own person. I don't like that idea. For them to be equals, she needs to establish herself outside of him. As much as I may have been disappointed with the lack of D/V (which I don't think I was too much because I had just started watching at Uninvited), I think that these two episodes are very important for her character.

Does that make any sense??

-Stef
                        It makes a lot of sense actually. I definitely would've loved to see how Daniel reacted, to Ba'al for example. But Vala needed that time to be able to figure out how she fit in apart from him. The tendency was to view them as a Daniel&Vala, and while that's not always a bad thing *grin* they are individuals. Daniel already knows how he fits in at the SGC, but Vala was still finding her way here..

sigpic
                        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Update time!!

The score is now as follows for the first FIVE episodes of Season 9:
                          Daniel has said Vala's name TWICE
                          - 2 times in TTTB
                          - 1 neutral
                          - 1 Code Yellow for worrying for their lives
                          Vala has said Daniel's name 13 TIMES
                          - 5 times in TTTB
                          - all neutral

...So this just reinforces our theory that Daniel uses her name more as he likes her more and Vala uses the term 'darling' as she sincerely starts feeling for him too. Watching TPTB now...Vala's already said his name once to Cameron...neutral again

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Hey, this thread's still got people here!!! But now that I've posted that I'm gonna jinx it...lol

Just got in from work (yucky shift work... bah) so I will pop in Insiders pretty quick.

Wanted to say a huge thanks for the comments and compliments on the fic. You guys are awesome!!!

BBS
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                              Hey, this thread's still got people here!!! But now that I've posted that I'm gonna jinx it...lol

Just got in from work (yucky shift work... bah) so I will pop in Insiders pretty quick.

Wanted to say a huge thanks for the comments and compliments on the fic. You guys are awesome!!!

BBS
                              *hugs*
                              Sorry work sucked Toomi I know that feeling..

sigpic
                              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Oops, sorry the last count was for the first FOUR episodes.

Now up to TPTB (9x05)

Daniel said her name 6 TIMES
                                - 4 times in TPTB
                                - 3 times just in the trial
                                - 1 in warning when she goes to shoot the Prior

Vala said his name 18 TIMES
                                - 5 times in TPTB
                                - 1 to Cam
                                - 2 to Daniel in sarcasm
                                - 2 to Daniel in tears/angst

Still no darling...I'm at BH now...does anyone know if Vala says 'darling' ever in PU?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Working...
                                X