Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    Okay, I'm gonna head off to bed, just thought I'd leave a preliminary count for those who care

Taking the first three episodes of Season 9 the score is as follows:

Daniel has said Vala's name ZERO times, not a once people...
    Vala has said Daniel's name EIGHT times, but still not any mention of the word 'darling'...interesting isn't it? Because she uses it so deliberately in PP...

Ah well, g'night
    I still maintain the reason Daniel doesn't say her name is because it's too sacred to him...................................... Okay, seriously, not once? That's surprising.

Originally posted by Toomi View Post

OT Question... by Daniel being able to activate the hologram does this mean he's had the ATA gene shot? Or can anyone use it?
    I think Weir says something about once it's been activated by someone it can be used by anyone. But maybe I just made that up. I'm almost positive Daniel doesn't have the ATA gene.

When Vala and Daniel are bickering (not really the word I wanted to use but can't think of a more appropriate one at the moment.) it seems as if Daniel is frustrated at the task at hand, taking the long way to find out what he wants. Vala is irritated as it's taking so long and doesn't understand why he won't ask the direct question, even if it is just to humour her. I love it when Daniel groans/sighs and almost rests his head on the pedestal thingy. It reminds me of something my parents would do when one was nagging the other and they gave in...
    Yeah, I think it's definitely more of an affectionate exasperation than an annoyed irritation. The whole vibe from this episode was more relaxed...actually, the first three episodes have an entirely different feel than season 9. That changes of course in 200, CoT, TQ1, and the weirdness in FT. But this is a completely different side to their relationship that I enjoy watching. I like that she gets to Daniel, I don't like it when he acts irritated by her.

When they get the answer from Morgan and Vala says she's satisfied, it's said in a very similar tone to one she's used for sexual innuendos and such. To me it isn't, she is satisified with the response and the fact that they got their answer. Daniel's head does this little turn to face her, then back again. Wonder if he was looking for the innuendo...
    Interesting point. Never really picked up on that. I'll have to go and watch that part now.

I can see the change in their relationship more predominantly after Vala asks why they don't just take what they've got and go toast it (My bad paraphrase lol) and instead of a sarcastic/rude remark or brushing her off, Daniel takes the time to explain what he's thinking. He's treating her as an equal if that makes sense. When he asks her about the 8000yr old translation she doens't know the answer and he knows it, but he asks her anyways, just as if Sam, Teal'c or Cam were in the room. I think Vala recognizes that and instead of a "How should I know" type of response she looks as though she's thinking about the question seriously.
    ITA. I like that he does talk to her, not at her. You make some really great observations about this!!

The Balcony Scene... It's just begging to be capitalised and bolded....lol. Seems like Vala has picked up on Daniel's mood. He's feeling guilty for what happened to Morgan after he goaded her into trying help them. In my own little world I imagine that Daniel was out on the balcony alone, mulling over his thoughts. Perhaps Vala was finishing dinner and excused herself when Daniel hadn't come back from teh bathroom (or something) She finds him on the balcony and joins him quietly, just standing by his side waiting for him to speak... He doesn't so she starts. She makes a joke (I will not interfere with the etc.) and he grins as he drops his head (something he's doing a lot I notice.) and she's lightened his mood slightly.

Vala then reminds him that they have what they were looking for, what their task was. I love how she asks him to smile about that. She's not making him smile by saying/doing something Valaish but for something that they've accomplished.

His voice throughout that scene (and hers too) is quiet and almost sensual. He's feeling pretty strong emotions (perhaps from the memories of his previous experiences with the Ancients) and it shows. Vala's too, while not perhaps sensual, softer yet practical. I dunno, perhaps I'm half asleep while I write this...
    Oooh, I like your idea of Vala seeking out Daniel. The one thing that I find that sets this scene apart from any other (other than the balcony ) is that Vala is trying to emotionally support a (sort of) crushed Daniel. Throughout this season, and even in 9, it's almost always Daniel who's comforting Vala. Mostly because her character was being fleshed out and had been given such a substantial arc to deal with. But this moment shows that Vala is capable of being there for him when he needs her, of offering support if he needs it. And the fact that she can illicit a smile, no matter how small it may be, is important. Because Daniel rarely smiles...but in season 10 I find that the majority of those smiles comes about because of Vala. No matter how exasperating she can be, she is able to make him happy in at least some way...even if he refuses to admit it. She gets to him in a way that I have seen few characters do. And that scene on the balcony is the perfect example of that. Well, gee, now I wish I had voted for that in my D/V scene game (is it even on the list???).

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Nope, nobody had nominated TBS (that's The Balcony Scene ). Just nominated it, feel free to go and cast your vote for it HERE

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Nope, nobody had nominated TBS (that's The Balcony Scene ). Just nominated it, feel free to go and cast your vote for it HERE

-Stef
        Done, just hope I did it right.
        sigpic

Comment

Okay guys, I'd love to watch PP tonight so I can say I'm totally caught up with the discussion and because it's a favorite of mine, but it's about 1:15 here and I have to be up by 6:30 or so, I think I'm gonna call it a night

Plus side, I just watched Morpheus, I'd forgotten how much I liked that episode.
          Was it just me or was the expression on Vala's face during Daniel's briefing at the beginning -Merlin, Vagonbrae (sp?), etc, - kinda interesting? She's just watching him with this really soft bit of a smile while she progressively hands him the books he's using to explain his idea..

Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Does anyone have a link to a transcript of PP? I just need the last scene...
            sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a link to a transcript of PP? I just need the last scene...
              PP Transcript

Here ya go, this site is becoming my favorite for transcripts..
              Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Done, just hope I did it right.
                Yup That's three votes so far, only about 30 more to catch up to the leaders

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                Plus side, I just watched Morpheus, I'd forgotten how much I liked that episode.
                Was it just me or was the expression on Vala's face during Daniel's briefing at the beginning -Merlin, Vagonbrae (sp?), etc, - kinda interesting? She's just watching him with this really soft bit of a smile while she progressively hands him the books he's using to explain his idea..

Yeah, it's so cute It looks like she's his dedicated assistant. Ha! Right. But could you imagine her helping with ALL of his presentations?!

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                PP Transcript

Here ya go, this site is becoming my favorite for transcripts..
                Same here. It's also a good site for Stargate news. I actually go there first for my news

Okay, I think I am now going to head off to bed for the night. I leave you with some pics...

Night!

-Stef
                Last edited by Stef; 28 August 2007, 01:46 AM.

Comment

*Ahem*

If I could have your attention for one moment.

I'd like to introduce myself. I am Toomi, Stargate fan and D/V shipper.

I've decided to jump off the fence and as an offering I present to you:

On A Balcony In Atlantis

Thanks Stef for the PERFECT sig!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the caps and con updates, gals. Loving it!

It's a bit creepy here. We're having a lunar eclipse at the moment, which means the moon had turned red! Spooky. (You see it in Melbourne, Cat? I'm in Adelaide)

DOn't weird things happen on a full moon, let alone a red one? Make for a good fic- Vala going nuts by the light of a full moon!

Djay
                    (*insert creepy hooowwwwl here*)
                    He's her Lobster!
                    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

*Ahem*

If I could have your attention for one moment.

I'd like to introduce myself. I am Toomi, Stargate fan and D/V shipper.

I've decided to jump off the fence and as an offering I present to you:

On A Balcony In Atlantis
                      First off.....

WELCOME TO THE SHIP!!

Glad we could convince to join us, although I think you were well on your way already

As for the fic, BRAVO!! I wrote you a whole babbling comment that I'm pretty sure doesn't make any sense on FF.net (the name is ValaMD). I don't want to get too repetitive here but let's just say that it was a perfect continuation of that scene. I recommend everyone here read it in honor of our new shipper and for PP day...and because it's a really great read.

Okay, now I will go to bed...maybe...

-Stef

Comment

*blushes violently*

Thanks Stef. I couldn't help myself... I kept rewatching that scene over and over for my comments earlier and that thought popped into my mind. I had to get it down and as I wrote it, I realised I'd taken that flying leap into the darkside...lol

Sent you a reply.

I'm off to bed... soon... feel the urge to rewatch PP...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
                          Thanks for all the caps and con updates, gals. Loving it!

It's a bit creepy here. We're having a lunar eclipse at the moment, which means the moon had turned red! Spooky. (You see it in Melbourne, Cat? I'm in Adelaide)

DOn't weird things happen on a full moon, let alone a red one? Make for a good fic- Vala going nuts by the light of a full moon!

Djay
                          (*insert creepy hooowwwwl here*)
                          LOL Yeah I can see it. Very creepy but so cool, though clouds are blocking it. OT but how much was your season ten at ezy dvd because I've seen it advertised for 69.95 and want to know if that's a good price.
                          Just caught up on this thread and big hugs to everyone who was at the con for their reports Thought we were going to do Insiders today, glad we didn't because I have had no time to watch it.
                          About PP I love it mainly because its both casts but still a nice episode. Love the Cam/Sam/McKay bits. Also the opening scene with Cam, Vala and Daniel. Also Sheppard and Cam though wish Sheppard was in it for longer. Also no Ronan, Beckett and Teyla little disappointing. Vala and Daniel on the balcony and the hologram room were nice friendship scenes.
                          Tomi fantastic analysis as usual Also I agree with Stef regarding your question about the ATA gene being needed to activate the hologram. For those of you who know SGA the hologram was activated by Carson who has a natural ATA gene.

Okay enough rambling Great to here from everyone and congrats Milena on 100 posts

Banner by Stef
                          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

$75. EzyDvd is a rip off but I got the free mousepad! Sounds like a good price to me.

Djay
                            He's her Lobster!
                            LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Thanks though have to wait almost 3 weeks for my first pay check. First thing I'll buy season ten, well I'll buy Roswell first

Banner by Stef
                              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

guys, when you're posting screen caps, make sure that you puta hard return between the [/IMG] and [IMG] so that the caps are stacked on top of each other instead of ending up side by side
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X