X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natalia View Post
    Origin

Favourite Scene:
    The whole lying on the table thing and the eating the apple and then choking it down when the prior comes in (and I think shoving it back in the bowl. ew. lol) I don't know why i found it so funny but i did. I think someone already posted a pic.

Favourite Quotes:
    DANIEL: Our ascended Ancients and the Ori have a slight difference of
    opinion. See, the Ori seem to think that because they're ascended,
    human beings should worship them. All humans.
    VALA: And if we don't?
    DANIEL: Then we're not worthy of living and should be destroyed.
    VALA: I don't think enlightenment means what they think it means.

DANIEL: Well, it seems to follow suit with many of the religions I've studied. They tend to weave their doctrines into simple, fable-like narratives with characters that are meant to be identifiable with a common individual.
    VALA: Why don't you read one to me? I love a good yawn.

PRIOR: The village of Ver Ager has been corrupted.
    VALA: We didn't do it, I promise.

VALA: Okay, look, you can torture us all you want with your rhetoric, but we're not going to crack-- well, I might--but we're not going to tell you anything, because we don't know anything.

VALA: The Ori are great! I love the Ori! I'm a believer!
    What's the matter with you people? I'm telling you, I've seen
    the light! I don't think they're buying it.
    DANIEL: I've heard you do better.

ok so some of those aren't as funny written out but it's the delivery that counts. and Michael Shanks and Claudia Black always seem to deliver
    Great quotes Natalia. CB's delivery in this whole episode made it great. The "I don't think they're buying it" always makes me giggle.
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
      In The Making: Origin here at gateworld. This page also has the Stargate Omnipedia with all the Characters, Races, Planets, Ships, Technology, and Miscellany in the episode Origin
      Awesome, thanks!

Love this little exchange:

(Daniel and Vala are being carried to the altar after being discovered by the Prior)
      VALA: The Ori are great, I love the Ori!! I'm a believer! What's the matter with you people? I'm telling you, I've seen the light! (to Daniel) I don't think they're buying it.
      DANIEL: Well, I've heard you do better.

Just cute little deliveries by CB and MS

EDIT: Oops, natalia beat me to it!

Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

VALA: I don't think enlightenment means what they think it means.
        Okay, now is this supposed to be a wink to The Princess Bride or is it just me?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

-Stef
          I sort of took it that way too. Knowing the writers, I am sure it was. I may have to watch the commentary on this one tomorrow.
          sigpic
          Sig made by me

Comment

-Stef
            Hmm. what part of princess bride? (haven't seen it in soooo long)
            My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

-Stef
              Heh, I tend to think so, but I literally haven't seen that movie in years. *ponders*
              Might be time for a trip to blockbuster..
              Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                In The Making: Origin here at gateworld. This page also has the Stargate Omnipedia with all the Characters, Races, Planets, Ships, Technology, and Miscellany in the episode Origin
                Thanks so much for the link, gonna go watch now.

Banner by Stef
                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I gotta say that Origin isn't my favourite episode, probably because it's not really DV-centric, there's so much going on back on Earth with the treaties and the prior, etc.

I think it's a great episode from the pov of the writers because they introduce the bulk of the Ori information in one hour and it doesn't feel too rushed.

Otherwise though, did anyone else notice how Vala can barely walk at the end of Avalon 2 and in the beginning of Origin, Daniel's standing like 4 feet away from her? And she mentions her ordeal twice, in passing but still, and Daniel doesn't even comment. There isn't one little speck of 'how are you?' and that spoils my shippy mood

And their burning scene is really long in retrospect and they don't utter a single word On the upside, Mitchell's a genius for thinking of a way to destroy the machine I hadn't noticed how much credit and ingenuity the writers gave Mitchell in the first three season 9 eps, probably to make his transition smoother.

All the D/V moments were my favourite...though Daniel leaving to see the prior and totally ditching Vala in the room alone without a backward glance made me frown

And the pics and quotes have all been said Though I completely agree that the bracelet removal scene was the most touching in the looks they gave each other and Vala's inclusion in the debriefing and how they actually listened to her was sweet. Especially Landry saying "I'm glad you're both alright."

Be back later!
                  ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Hmm. what part of princess bride? (haven't seen it in soooo long)
                    When the Vizzini says "Inconceivable!" for about the 100th time to describe the situation (I think it's after they climb that giant wall/cliff), Inigo Montoya says, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Love the new banner, Odakota_Rose!

-Stef

Comment

Love the Princess Bride, funny movie.
                      Anyway found this in the transcriptions and I thought it was great:
                      PRIOR: Do you know of others in Ver Ager?

JACKSON: Others?

PRIOR: Unbelievers.

VALA: Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want us to tell on people who don't believe in the Ori? (paces around the table to stand near Daniel, facing the Prior.)

PRIOR: Devotion is rewarded. Those who stray, must be guided back to the path.

VALA: Don't you mean, ‘those who stray, get burnt to death'?

PRIOR: The Ori gave all men and women free will.

Banner by Stef
                      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

When the Vizzini says "Inconceivable!" for about the 100th time to describe the situation (I think it's after they climb that giant wall/cliff), Inigo Montoya says, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Love the new banner, Odakota_Rose!

-Stef
                        Yeah, that's the scene alright, *makes a mental note to watch the movie*

Thanks, I've been tinkering around with my photo editor lately..

sigpic
                        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                          Heh, I tend to think so, but I literally haven't seen that movie in years. *ponders*
                          Might be time for a trip to blockbuster..
                          Love both the sigs Odakota

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                          I gotta say that Origin isn't my favourite episode, probably because it's not really DV-centric, there's so much going on back on Earth with the treaties and the prior, etc.

I think it's a great episode from the pov of the writers because they introduce the bulk of the Ori information in one hour and it doesn't feel too rushed.
                          I agree, they did introduce the back story to the Ori in a fashion that wasn't too boring. A lot of times there just isn't an easy way to do that, but the writers seemed to pull it off.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post

Otherwise though, did anyone else notice how Vala can barely walk at the end of Avalon 2 and in the beginning of Origin, Daniel's standing like 4 feet away from her? And she mentions her ordeal twice, in passing but still, and Daniel doesn't even comment. There isn't one little speck of 'how are you?' and that spoils my shippy mood

And their burning scene is really long in retrospect and they don't utter a single word On the upside, Mitchell's a genius for thinking of a way to destroy the machine I hadn't noticed how much credit and ingenuity the writers gave Mitchell in the first three season 9 eps, probably to make his transition smoother.

All the D/V moments were my favourite...though Daniel leaving to see the prior and totally ditching Vala in the room alone without a backward glance made me frown

And the pics and quotes have all been said Though I completely agree that the bracelet removal scene was the most touching in the looks they gave each other and Vala's inclusion in the debriefing and how they actually listened to her was sweet. Especially Landry saying "I'm glad you're both alright."

Be back later!
                            I partially agree. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the Earth/Priors stuff...but I tend to forget this episode so often because it's really just a kind of "Here's what the Ori are; Here's what they believe in; Here's what they plan on doing" episode. More information than narrative. I still enjoy it though It's, if nothing else, interesting.

I agree about the whole "I've just died in the most painful and excruciating way possible...yum, apples!" bit. It would have been nice to have seen at least them showing that experience affected them both, because I truly believe it did (how could it not?!). Then him kind of like ditching her, I agree, was a little off. He JUST saw her die, just held her dead corpse in his arms thinking he would never see her again, then as soon as he can, he ditches her. Granted, they were probably in that room with each other for a bit of time...and she was probably starting to irritate him again. But even at that point, you'd think he'd be more wary of leaving her behind

You're totally right about Mitchell. Now that I am going back and watching these early few episodes again, I do notice that they had him be very ingenious and capable (which some might say is a contrast from episodes like "Off the Grid"). I forgot to mention this for Avalon2, but did anyone else like how sad Cam seemed be after Vala died? He barely knew her, yet he seemed to really be mourning her loss. It makes my secondary ship heart happy

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                              Love both the sigs Odakota

I agree, they did introduce the back story to the Ori in a fashion that wasn't too boring. A lot of times there just isn't an easy way to do that, but the writers seemed to pull it off.

Thanks
                              Oh, the song on your sig? "When You Say Nothing At All" is one of my all time favorites, I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it, but it totally fits Daniel and Vala.

And I liked that while you learned a lot about the Ori, they didn't do it in a boring way or make it seem like a big seminar or something..

sigpic
                              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Nice banner Odakota, have to admit in regards to Origin not one of my fav episodes. There was Daniel, there was Vala but not a lot of Daniel/Vala.
                                OT I do love Mitchell in this episode, thought it was wise to not have him at the forefront in the first few episodes.

Banner by Stef
                                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Working...
                                X