Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Love the banner, Wendy!!

As for TN23, I agree with you. It was an interesting idea that I just felt was poorly executed. As for Reno 911: Miami, I'd just watch the show (the movie wasn't nearly as good). Speaking of...anyone who isn't into "Firefly"/Serenity, may I advise you to watch the series before watching the show?

Oops, off topic again...but quick question, who watched the Stargate movie before ever watching the show? I remember seeing it play on TV a lot, but I never watched. It was only after I had watched all of season 9-10 that I went and watched the film. The similarities between Daniel in the movie and early seasons of the show is eary. MS wasn't lying when he said he'd ripped off Spader's performance! It was like Daniel, but with a new face. Freaked me out. O'Neill? Not so much the same

-Stef

I wanted to see Hot Fuzz but the rental store didn't have it in, that is why I got Reno 911. I will admit, I don't watch the show. I need to start at the beginning. Maybe the rental store has those *thinks*

Thanks Stef!!

As for Stargate the movie, MS did an awesome job of ripping off of Spader(who also has a sexiness about him, even if he is fat now). I do like RDA's interpretation of O'Neill better then Kurt Russell's.
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
      I wanted to see Hot Fuzz but the rental store didn't have it in, that is why I got Reno 911. I will admit, I don't watch the show. I need to start at the beginning. Maybe the rental store has those *thinks*

Thanks Stef!!

As for Stargate the movie, MS did an awesome job of ripping off of Spader(who also has a sexiness about him, even if he is fat now). I do like RDA's interpretation of O'Neill better then Kurt Russell's.
      Oh, you don't have to tell me about Spader's strange sex appeal. Watch Secretary for more on that. Still, he can't pull off the floppy 'do like MS can

I agree, I like RDA better as O'Neill. The one in the movie was such an action movie cliche of a character.

*sigh* Why doesn't my wireless router not work?! I guess it's the desktop for now. This will get annoying fast, all of my editing equipment are on the laptop

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Oh, you don't have to tell me about Spader's strange sex appeal. Watch Secretary for more on that. Still, he can't pull off the floppy 'do like MS can

I agree, I like RDA better as O'Neill. The one in the movie was such an action movie cliche of a character.

*sigh* Why doesn't my wireless router not work?! I guess it's the desktop for now. This will get annoying fast, all of my editing equipment are on the laptop

-Stef
        I have seen Secretary.....all I have to say is HOLY HANNAH!!!!!

I am just the opposite. I have all my editing stuff on the desktop. I just switched back to the laptop. This thing is so ancient in computer terms. It is 6 years old. I am thinking about buying a new laptop soon and putting my capping program and Photoshop on it so I can play no matter what computer I am on.

Random pic...

sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
          'Cept for me of course,lol...already told Milena I'm old enough to be her mother,lol
          Quite disturbing doncha think Rach? You'd think that old ladies like us would have better things to do than oggle younger men, but apparently not!
          LC
          Uh-huh, but then again you are only as old as the guy you are drooling over!
          Now where did I put the rocking chair???
          Last edited by Rac80; 12 August 2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
            So far it is pretty good. It is very interesting. I will let you know my full thoughts when it is over.

Premonition was kind of confusing but pretty good. I liked it. Make sure you are not doing anything else while watching it...LOL Julian McMahon is in it, and he is yummy!!!
            okay thanks
            read the review now, i think i'll watch it nevertheless. even when people say they didn't like it so much i still have to see it for myself lol

btw. the sig is great!

and teehee, i have a friend whos obsessed with julian mcmahon

Comment

Love the banner, Wendy!!
              Me too, Wendy very cool

Originally posted by Stef
              Oops, off topic again...but quick question, who watched the Stargate movie before ever watching the show? I remember seeing it play on TV a lot, but I never watched. It was only after I had watched all of season 9-10 that I went and watched the film. The similarities between Daniel in the movie and early seasons of the show is eary. MS wasn't lying when he said he'd ripped off Spader's performance! It was like Daniel, but with a new face. Freaked me out. O'Neill? Not so much the same

-Stef
              I loved the movie when it came out, so original. That and Contact with Jodi Foster were two of my favorites - I should get that out by the way, if my VCR still works
              Anyhoo, my family didn't have Showtime when the series started and RDA was MacGyver for me, so I didn't think I could see him as the rough Jack O'Neill (same way I couldn't see Scott Bakula as anyone other than, darn, the guy from Quantum Leap and had trouble giving Enterprise a chance.)

Then, well, I hate to admit it, but when it came to SciFi, I was so into Farscape I didn't want to give Stargate a chance. I also figured that I'd missed so much over the years that I wouldn't be able to pick it up. I felt really lost at the end of "Flesh and Blood" when Cam said the "Ancient rule book was getting a little hard to follow" (terribly paraphrased)

Thank god for Netflix, I rented all the seasons and caught up during the season 10 break.

What was the original question? Oh yeah, saw the movie before the series, and half of season 10 before the first 9 seasons. Pretty odd, huh?

~Erin

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                Me too, Wendy very cool

I loved the movie when it came out, so original. That and Contact with Jodi Foster were two of my favorites - I should get that out by the way, if my VCR still works
                Anyhoo, my family didn't have Showtime when the series started and RDA was MacGyver for me, so I didn't think I could see him as the rough Jack O'Neill (same way I couldn't see Scott Bakula as anyone other than, darn, the guy from Quantum Leap and had trouble giving Enterprise a chance.)

Then, well, I hate to admit it, but when it came to SciFi, I was so into Farscape I didn't want to give Stargate a chance. I also figured that I'd missed so much over the years that I wouldn't be able to pick it up. I felt really lost at the end of "Flesh and Blood" when Cam said the "Ancient rule book was getting a little hard to follow" (terribly paraphrased)

Thank god for Netflix, I rented all the seasons and caught up during the season 10 break.

What was the original question? Oh yeah, saw the movie before the series, and half of season 10 before the first 9 seasons. Pretty odd, huh?

~Erin
                Thanks ErinB. I have another one in mind but my cousin needed the other computer...LOL

It isn't odd at all.

I saw the movie and the episode 200 because my roomie wanted me to see it. He then told me that I should really watch the whole series because it is so good. I went to the local video store who had all 8 seasons and ended up taking about a month to marathon the whole series. We are coming up on a whole year now since I first started watching the show
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Love the banner, Wendy!!

As for TN23, I agree with you. It was an interesting idea that I just felt was poorly executed. As for Reno 911: Miami, I'd just watch the show (the movie wasn't nearly as good). Speaking of...anyone who isn't into "Firefly"/Serenity, may I advise you to watch the series before watching the show?

-Stef
                  I watched the movie YEARS and YEARS after I got addicted to SG1 and didn't like it! I prefer the series for many reasons, RDA being just one of them. On that note there is a funny SG1 scene (which some of you may be more familiar with than I am) where RDA's Oneill says "that's O'Neill with two L's , there's a Col. Oneil with one L that had no sense of humor. "(to paraphrase it badly) and Kurt Rusell's character is the one L oneil! I like the little winks to the audience in SG1.
                  Even MS's haircut was a takeoff on spaders. But the character has changed so much over the years that now the role is much more MS than spader.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    I watched the movie YEARS and YEARS after I got addicted to SG1 and didn't like it! I prefer the series for many reasons, RDA being just one of them. On that note there is a funny SG1 scene (which some of you may be more familiar with than I am) where RDA's Oneill says "that's O'Neill with two L's , there's a Col. Oneil with one L that had no sense of humor. "(to paraphrase it badly) and Kurt Rusell's character is the one L oneil! I like the little winks to the audience in SG1.
                    Even MS's haircut was a takeoff on spaders. But the character has changed so much over the years that now the role is much more MS than spader.
                    LOL
                    You're kidding! KR is the one 'L' O'Neill. No way! That is hilarious!

Small quibble, but I liked the movie version of Sha're better. That and the way she said her name. It sounded like they cut out a syllable or something in the TV version. Like I said, small quibble.

~Erin

Comment

LOL
                      You're kidding! KR is the one 'L' O'Neill. No way! That is hilarious!

Small quibble, but I liked the movie version of Sha're better. That and the way she said her name. It sounded like they cut out a syllable or something in the TV version. Like I said, small quibble.

~Erin
                      If I remember rightly, movie!Sha're was actually Shau'ri.

I watched the movie long before SG-1 aired, because my mum thought I'd love a film with Egypt and sci fi. She was right. And now look where I am twelve years later

'O'Neill with two L's' had me rolling on the ground. That's what I love most about Stargate, all the nods to the audience.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Ha! I actually refused to watch SG-1 because I believed it was responsible for Farscape's death (much like you could say Eureka hurt SG-1). I felt like SG-1 had just swooped in and kicked Farscape out It was only when BB and CB embraced the show that I was able to give it a chance! I think starting at "Avalon" was really helpful, because it was the start of a new arc and gave some good explanations of the Ancients. Of course, I stopped watching after Vala left...and only picked it up again at "Uninvited" so I had to go back and play catch-up and then read all about the history. Stargate Wikipedia was my friend in the early days Whenever they mentioned people, I just went on there and tried to figure who they were talking about (prime example: Sha're in "Counterstrike"). That's how I know most of the stuff I know today, from reading about it. I try to see all of the important episodes I can...but I just don't have it in me to sit through 8 complete seasons.

You know, I'm not a huge fan of the movie. If I had seen it before I had seen the series I might have been. I probably would have thought the idea behind it was great, but the characters left something to be desired...especially O'Neil (one L?)

I agree with you. I thought the Sha're in the movie was a better choice. She seemed to fit with everyone else, and I thought her accent was more accurate (even if it was fake). Plus, she was pretty without looking like a supermodel Nothing against Vaitiare Bandera because I thought she did a good job...I just kept getting distracted by both her accent (french?) and the fact that she looked nothing like anyone else on Abydos...and she was WAAAAY out of Daniel's league, more of a sexpot than a back waters sweetheart like I felt like the character was supposed to be.

Okay, time to go and make a Sheppard/Weir banner for my rotation

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Shhh, don't tell CB, but I voted for the J/S kiss in "Grace" over on the favorite kiss thread. It's not that I don't love Vala, cuz you all know I do , but I remember that kiss being a real expression of Sam's feelings for Jack, even if he was a figment of her imagination. And well, it's not gettin' much love over there in the thread. So I thought I'd give it a hand.

Oh, and props to the favorite kiss winners!!!

~Erin

Comment

That was such a great line. You can't help but like the writers when they do things like that. Makes it so much more fun to watch!!

Ha! I actually refused to watch SG-1 because I believed it was responsible for Farscape's death (much like you could say Eureka hurt SG-1). I felt like SG-1 had just swooped in and kicked Farscape out It was only when BB and CB embraced the show that I was able to give it a chance! I think starting at "Avalon" was really helpful, because it was the start of a new arc and gave some good explanations of the Ancients. Of course, I stopped watching after Vala left...and only picked it up again at "Uninvited" so I had to go back and play catch-up and then read all about the history. Stargate Wikipedia was my friend in the early days Whenever they mentioned people, I just went on there and tried to figure who they were talking about (prime example: Sha're in "Counterstrike"). That's how I know most of the stuff I know today, from reading about it. I try to see all of the important episodes I can...but I just don't have it in me to sit through 8 complete seasons.

You know, I'm not a huge fan of the movie. If I had seen it before I had seen the series I might have been. I probably would have thought the idea behind it was great, but the characters left something to be desired...especially O'Neil (one L?)

I agree with you. I thought the Sha're in the movie was a better choice. She seemed to fit with everyone else, and I thought her accent was more accurate (even if it was fake). Plus, she was pretty without looking like a supermodel Nothing against Vaitiare Bandera because I thought she did a good job...I just kept getting distracted by both her accent (french?) and the fact that she looked nothing like anyone else on Abydos...and she was WAAAAY out of Daniel's league, more of a sexpot than a back waters sweetheart like I felt like the character was supposed to be.

Okay, time to go and make a Sheppard/Weir banner for my rotation

-Stef
                            You know, I felt the same way about Grey's Anatomy at first. They were moving Boston Legal to make room for some stupid show. I boycotted it the whole first season, until once again, my roommate was watching it, and I got hooked. I slowly forgave Grey's and now am hooked. Plus they didn't completely get rid of Boston Legal like I originally thought they were.

I also liked the movie Sha're better. She had a very simple beauty about her. She fit much better in the role.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Speaking of Stargate the movie, it is on SciFi right now...LOL
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Hey, people,

This question is really kinda random, and it's part of a fic I'm writing, so it's not a really important question, but anyhoo... Do we have any kind of consensus about what time of year the end of "Unending" is?

My guess is fall, for two reasons:
                                ((And since I still don't know if this is spoiler content, I'll err on the side of caution: Spoilers for "Family Ties" and "Unending"))

Spoiler:
                                1) In "Family Ties" Cam, Daniel, and Vala (and even Jacek and his jaffa contact) are wearing light jackets. Yet the trees in the forest where D/V meet up with Jacek and the jaffa contact aren't really changing colors. Eh, maybe it's early September.

2)In the first montage in "Unending" the Christmas scene comes after the D/V scene where Vala says it's been three months, 3 months since they entered the time dilation field, essentially 3 months since what would be the end of "Unending." How long after THAT SCENE is the Christmas scene? Is it their first Christmas on the ship? Is it their second or third? Are Landry's plants any indication of how much time has past?

Hey, I know it's not a big deal. If I want it to be fall, why not make it fall? I guess I just wanted to see what everybody else thought.

Goodnight,
                                ~Erin

Comment

Working...
                                X