Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
      Wooooohhhhoooooo!!!!
      Terrific!!!!!
      See Stef,we won even though my big mouth
      He He. You just made it more exciting

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by tomin
        Love the Name from Momento Mori, one of my favorite episodes. Welcome.

Oops, I spelled the name wrong. Should be Todad. Oh, well....

Yeah, Memento Mori is one of my favorites. So many great things to enjoy about it. Good Vala scenes, good Daniel/Vala scenes, good team concern scenes

Thank you to Stef for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          He He. You just made it more exciting

-Stef
          Quite right too. What's the point in winning without a little competition

Originally posted by Valerie Toodad View Post
          Oops, I spelled the name wrong. Should be Todad. Oh, well....

Yeah, Memento Mori is one of my favorites. So many great things to enjoy about it. Good Vala scenes, good Daniel/Vala scenes, good team concern scenes
          I love MM too... there's a reason it won the best Daniel/Vala moments game
          sigpic
          Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Yes, a girl can dream We'll still, hopefully, get more movies after AoT and Continuum. So I'm not worried about SG-1's future. Still, I would have liked another season. SF will be kicking themselves when "Flash Gordon" fails horribly, and they realize that the only shows they have left that exceed a 1.1 in the ratings are BSG (which will be gone after next season) and SGA. "Doctor Who" was around 1.0 last season, as were "The Dresden Files" and "Painkiller Jane."

My guess is that SF thought they could do better, and realized too late in the game that they couldn't. Now they're trying desperately to get fans back, so they partially resurrect one of their cancelled flagship shows. As much as I love "Farscape," I knew the minute I heard the news about the webisodes that it was an act of desperation on SF's part.

On the plus side, maybe that means they'll buy the rights to air the DVD movies That would be good, because then I could at least watch it before buying it (and maybe we'd get to see them earlier than we would if we had to wait for the DVDs).

-Stef
            ITA stef, SF simply got greedy and thought scifi fans would watch any drek out there. I have only liked SG1, and Atlantis, it took me two seasons to accept BSG (Still can't decide if it is too much like a soap!) the other shows simply suck. It would be nice to see them air the movies, but who knows.

That's true. And I actually do really like Tomin's character. For someone who only appeared in three episodes, he's made a big impact on me (and on Vala). I think introducing that character was a stroke of genius on RCC's part. Not only does it humanize the crusaders, but it also gives Vala a chance to show a softer side we rarely get to see....one that she tries to shrug off most of the time (no matter how much Daniel tries to get her to open up). The moment when she starts breaking up in "Crusade" when she's telling the team about Tomin going to fight is heartbreaking...and such a wonderful maturation of the character.

I do wish he would die tragically, not because he's an obstacle, but because I totally think it fits within the bounds of his character. That's who he is. He's basically sacrificed everything but his life for Vala. Then for him to just say goodbye and go off somewhere seems a little out of character for him in some ways. Just my thoughts on the matter.

-Stef
            I too like tomin and I see him dying in a heroic way. He was always so kind and sweet to Vala, I feel when the time comes he will sacrifice himself for her (which should make daniel look at her in a new light!), it will be hard on vala though.

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
            I've posted a new Daniel/Vala fic that's post-"Unending".

Light Me Up

PG.

Please feel free to leave a comment
            Loved, loved, lovedit! It was a wonderful story and you wrote Teal'c very very well. keep writing.

Comment

Actually, I have watched all of those episodes, and I still don't see it I can see how people might interpret certain moments, but I can only see them as friends. Trust me, I am always open to new pairings, but even as I go back and watch old episodes I don't see any real spark there. Friendship, yes. But again, like I said, I can understand people who do.

Oh, and you should probably edit your last post because your spoiler coding is missing the / at the end, so it's not under spoiler bars.
              Thank you. It's all fixed now... and if you don't see it- well, you're not the only one who doesn't see it.

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
              but I agree: Ship and let ship!
              Indeed.

But back on Dala, I was just watching the 'Shroud' the other day and I was struck once again with how
              Spoiler:
              Mad Vala was that Daniel was a prior. She when she was talking to him she seemed so irritated and so hurt- and that spoke volumes to me. Makes me love her and their relationship so much.
              sigpic
              Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
              |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Speaking of "The Shroud," it's such a small moment, but I love this part...
                Spoiler:
                VALA: So, she trusted you enough to turn you into a prior.
                DANIEL: She had to.
                CAM: Why?
                DANIEL: Because she knew I was her best chance at converting Earth.
                VALA: (whispers) And me.

Say what you will about Adria, but she obviously see what they mean to each other.

Why am I so tired?! All I want to do is take a nice, long nap....but I have things to do!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

*sigh* I tried to extend an olive branch in the S/J thread (by saying how much they've grown on me as a ship), and I got a negative PM from someone as a result I guess I can't be accepted into the fold because I'm a D/V and C/S shipper. You guys forgive me for liking Cam/Vala, Tomin/Vala, and Teal'c/Vala, right? Please?

Gosh, I hate fighting...at least it was in PM form, so nobody else's day was ruined

-Stef

Comment

*sigh* I tried to extend an olive branch in the S/J thread (by saying how much they've grown on me as a ship), and I got a negative PM from someone as a result I guess I can't be accepted into the fold because I'm a D/V and C/S shipper. You guys forgive me for liking Cam/Vala, Tomin/Vala, and Teal'c/Vala, right? Please?
                    As long as you forgive me for Shiping Sam/Daniel and pretty much Daniel with any female, not in a commited relationship at the time, who would get him laid. (I do mean any female on any show. I have a Daniel/Buffy saga currently running on my LJ.)

That is what I like about this thread no trashing of other ships.
                    sigpic
                    thanks Stef
                    Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Gosh, I hate fighting...at least it was in PM form, so nobody else's day was ruined

-Stef
                      Don't know how much it's worth, but I do!

A.
                      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

-Stef
                        *Hugs and cookies for Stef*

Of course we forgive you! I do anyway, it's just shipping after all. No point in getting upset over it.

Anyway, it was well played on your part to make the effort at anyrate
                        sigpic
                        Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                          As long as you forgive me for Shiping Sam/Daniel and pretty much Daniel with any female, not in a commited relationship at the time, who would get him laid. (I do mean any female on any show. I have a Daniel/Buffy saga currently running on my LJ.)

That is what I like about this thread no trashing of other ships.
                          Buffy? Interesting. I forgive you for the Daniel shipping I liked him with Sha're. So very sad ending though I'm probably just like you except with Vala. I can pair her up with anyone and be happy. Isabel had me beta a fic where she had vignettes of Vala with everyone from SG-1 and SGA...and it was like my dream come true. I got the obvious pairings, then I got Ronon/Vala and McKay/Vala. I was in heaven!! She hadn't finished it yet though. Speaking of, where has our wayward writer gone?!

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
                          Don't know how much it's worth, but I do!
                          Oh, it's worth everything

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
                          *Hugs and cookies for Stef*

Of course we forgive you! I do anyway, it's just shipping after all. No point in getting upset over it.
                          Thanks *eats cookie*

That's my philosophy. I may never understand some ships, but I've got nothing against people do Hey, I'm a Sheppard/Vala and Cam/Carolyn shipper...so I can't judge!

-Stef

Comment

Buffy? Interesting. I forgive you for the Daniel shipping I liked him with Sha're. So very sad ending though I'm probably just like you except with Vala. I can pair her up with anyone and be happy. Isabel had me beta a fic where she had vignettes of Vala with everyone from SG-1 and SGA...and it was like my dream come true. I got the obvious pairings, then I got Ronon/Vala and McKay/Vala. I was in heaven!! She hadn't finished it yet though. Speaking of, where has our wayward writer gone?!
                            Yes Buffy. (The saga is something like 14 chapters and not quite half done. Basically it is seasons 9 and 10 with Buffy daring Daniel) I belong to a site called Twisting the Hellmouth which is for Buffyverse crossovers. My big delimena is what to do now that I'm up to Crusade and Vala is coming back. While I ship Daniel there are certain ships that go with certain points in Canon and I have a real hard time Shipping Daniel with anyone but Vala when she is around. ( http://www.tthfanfic.com/Story-11927...y+Business.htm this be the fic.)

(to avoid trout)
                            sigpic
                            thanks Stef
                            Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Okay, so I was on the SF.com site and I ventured into the Eureka section. Looks like the network is at least trying to be creative with their ad campaigns (at least Eureka gets an ad campaign). Anyway, I came across this strangely funny ad: Live Smart Eureka. They have a bunch of these faux-PSAs. The one I listed is probably the best though.

Sorry, that was a little OT...but if I can't share it with you guys, who can I share it with

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie Toodad View Post
                                Hey, newbie here I've been viewing this board as a guest for while now but I thought it was about time I joined.
                                Hey, love your name - "Valerie Toodad" - that is sooo cool!!!

I started watching SG-1 during "Line in the Sand," so I'm a little late to the party I guess. I hadn't seen any of Daniel and Vala until I got to The Shroud, and although the scene they shared was small, it made me fall in love with them. The way she was able to get to him and understand him better than anyone else. The way he was hurt by her reservations about his honesty. There was such a genuine connection there. Of course, I didn't see that much more between them until Dominion and Unending (I was beginning to think I was imagining a burgeoning relationship). But those two episodes restored my faith, and when I went back and watched the rest of season 10, I discovered so many other wonderful moments (the scene in Memento Mori was AMAZING!).
                                Better late than never It's nice to see from a newcomer how telling "The Shroud" scene was. I sometimes wonder if I read too much into it, but you saw the same things I did. MS and CB are such phenomenal actors.

I'm still working on 9. I just went and got the DVDs yesterday, and plan on watching as many as I can today. Any good episodes for them in this season?
                                Obviously, the first 6, and "Crusade" the second to last. But, you should watch 'em all - makes the Ori story arc make sense.

Okay, so I've babbled enough, considering this is my first post. I just wanted to say hi, and have my first post be here. You guys seem to have a genuinely welcoming environment, that's why I wanted my "coming out" to be here
                                Not nearly as bad as my first post I rambled on and on for quite awhile. And I'm sure many others have said this, but this is a fantastic thread and everyone is really, really nice. Good to have you with us

~Erin

Comment

Working...
                                X