Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErinB View Post

ITA, Rach, it makes the whole reset worthwhile; given some time our Daniel and Vala will find a way to be together - maybe even before AoT, who knows?

Hey, does anybody wonder about that? If the writers might give us the beginnings of a D/V relationship - you know, some flirty, kissy stuff like Talyn-John and Aeryn (from S3) only to have the two of them try to figure out the tricky Tomin part while they're searching for the Ark.

Is it wrong to want more D/V kisses?

~Erin
    NO definitely not wrong Erin, but also not likely. The comment has already been made(from MS?) that we won't be seeing anything in the DVD's like we saw in "Unending"...However I am throughly expecting to see the supportive, protective relationship we saw in "Dominion', which is fine by me...and as I've said before, as long as Vala doesn't die by the end of "Continuum" so we can continue to believe they have a future then I'll be happy...heck as far as I'm concerned CB doesn't even have to do anymore after "Continuum' if she doesn't want to...all they have to do is let MS wear his wedding ring and I'd be thrilled....by hey that's me, small things amuse small minds.
    LC
    (hoping to get to your beta stuff tomorrow night...got some revisions to make the next section of my 'first day' series tonight)
    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Gorgeous, Vala MD-J, just love it!!

Just thought I'd say, love the J/A banner, Stef, so good!!

ITA, Rach, it makes the whole reset worthwhile; given some time our Daniel and Vala will find a way to be together - maybe even before AoT, who knows?

Hey, does anybody wonder about that? If the writers might give us the beginnings of a D/V relationship - you know, some flirty, kissy stuff like Talyn-John and Aeryn (from S3) only to have the two of them try to figure out the tricky Tomin part while they're searching for the Ark.

~Erin
      Heck no. It is not wrong. I want more too!!

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Yes, a girl can dream We'll still, hopefully, get more movies after AoT and Continuum. So I'm not worried about SG-1's future. Still, I would have liked another season. SF will be kicking themselves when "Flash Gordon" fails horribly, and they realize that the only shows they have left that exceed a 1.1 in the ratings are BSG (which will be gone after next season) and SGA. "Doctor Who" was around 1.0 last season, as were "The Dresden Files" and "Painkiller Jane."

My guess is that SF thought they could do better, and realized too late in the game that they couldn't. Now they're trying desperately to get fans back, so they partially resurrect one of their cancelled flagship shows. As much as I love "Farscape," I knew the minute I heard the news about the webisodes that it was an act of desperation on SF's part.

On the plus side, maybe that means they'll buy the rights to air the DVD movies That would be good, because then I could at least watch it before buying it (and maybe we'd get to see them earlier than we would if we had to wait for the DVDs).

-Stef
      ITA. SF is going to be so sorry. That is why I am hoping that they at least give SGA a 5th season.

I think Flash Gordon is going to fail too. I will probably watch it just because, but it doesn't look that good from the trailers I have seen.

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
      NO definitely not wrong Erin, but also not likely. The comment has already been made(from MS?) that we won't be seeing anything in the DVD's like we saw in "Unending"...However I am throughly expecting to see the supportive, protective relationship we saw in "Dominion', which is fine by me...and as I've said before, as long as Vala doesn't die by the end of "Continuum" so we can continue to believe they have a future then I'll be happy...heck as far as I'm concerned CB doesn't even have to do anymore after "Continuum' if she doesn't want to...all they have to do is let MS wear his wedding ring and I'd be thrilled....by hey that's me, small things amuse small minds.
      LC
      (hoping to get to your beta stuff tomorrow night...got some revisions to make the next section of my 'first day' series tonight)

OMGosh, him wearing a wedding ring would be soooooooo cute!! I want that.
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

Just thought I'd say, love the J/A banner, Stef, so good!!

~Erin
        Thanks Anyone notice my crazy "Farscape" one yet? "John Quixote" isn't my favorite episode, but it's got some great visuals!

As much as I would love to see some D/V kissing (and who wouldn't?), I doubt we'll get it. My guess is that we'll see a supportive Daniel being there for Vala, helping her deal with everything. We'll probably get some good moments between them, but I doubt we'll get any significant romantic scenes. It'll probably just be more in line with what we saw in "Counterstrike" and "Dominion."

I have faith that RCC will do them justice, he seems to write D/V well (Avalons, F&B, The Shroud, Unending) and he obviously sees the chemistry between them (see the F&B commentary). Heck, I'd take RCC over BW any day. Hence, why I don't see much DV (or Vala) happening in Continuum. BW doesn't seem to care that much for her character, he's more old school (ie, Jack and J/S). But Vala (and D/V) are kind of like RCC's babies...he'll look out for them. Although, he also did create Tomin....

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Out of curiosity, whatever happened to the Stargate Fan Awards? Last I read, they were supposed to have sent e-mail notifications like two months ago. Of course, maybe that just means I didn't get nominated. Still, you'd think you would have heard something by now.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
            LC
            Oh, I didn't know those comments had been made about the movies. But I can live with supportive/protective Daniel - it's so sexy
            (Oh, and no hurry about the fic.)

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
            Heck no. It is not wrong. I want more too!!
            <snip>
            OMGosh, him wearing a wedding ring would be soooooooo cute!! I want that.
            Yes, I second the motion, all in favor of MS wearing his wedding ring to indicate a D/V marriage, say 'Aye'!!!!

<snip>
            But Vala (and D/V) are kind of like RCC's babies...he'll look out for them. Although, he also did create Tomin....

-Stef
            But creating Tomin was great for Vala's development. Too bad he can't die a noble, heroic death fighting the Ori so that D/V can have a happily-ever-after. I really kinda like him. Geez, I'm such a romantic.

I'm gonna put my 'Life Is Too Short' pic up again, just 'cuz

~Erin

Comment

But creating Tomin was great for Vala's development. Too bad he can't die a noble, heroic death fighting the Ori so that D/V can have a happily-ever-after. I really kinda like him. Geez, I'm such a romantic.
              That's true. And I actually do really like Tomin's character. For someone who only appeared in three episodes, he's made a big impact on me (and on Vala). I think introducing that character was a stroke of genius on RCC's part. Not only does it humanize the crusaders, but it also gives Vala a chance to show a softer side we rarely get to see....one that she tries to shrug off most of the time (no matter how much Daniel tries to get her to open up). The moment when she starts breaking up in "Crusade" when she's telling the team about Tomin going to fight is heartbreaking...and such a wonderful maturation of the character.

I do wish he would die tragically, not because he's an obstacle, but because I totally think it fits within the bounds of his character. That's who he is. He's basically sacrificed everything but his life for Vala. Then for him to just say goodbye and go off somewhere seems a little out of character for him in some ways. Just my thoughts on the matter.

-Stef

Comment

Ah, and here come the reinforcements. Looks like our 10+ lead in the favorite kiss picture game is gone now J/S are currently within 8. Anyone who hasn't voted (that includes all you lurkers ), take a second to go and vote now. And just because I'm a nice person, feel free to use any of these pictures (you can just copy the image location and paste it directly in the thread if you like).

Spoiler:

And with that, I will head to bed at an uncharacteristically early hour. Night!

-Stef

Comment

I've posted a new Daniel/Vala fic that's post-"Unending".

Light Me Up

PG.

Please feel free to leave a comment

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post

Light Me Up

PG.

Oh, wow, that was great! I like all the D/V moments, of course, but I especially like how you wrote Teal'c. When I write for him, I find it hard to give him good lines other than 'Indeed' or having him just nod and bow his head - but I really liked his advice to Daniel.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if they could remember

~Erin

Comment

Oh, wow, that was great! I like all the D/V moments, of course, but I especially like how you wrote Teal'c. When I write for him, I find it hard to give him good lines other than 'Indeed' or having him just nod and bow his head - but I really liked his advice to Daniel.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if they could remember

~Erin
                      Thanks! As far as I'm concerned, there are planes of memory...oh, what the heck. As far as I'm concerned, they remember Hee! Or at least, Daniel does.

Teal'c can be a tough on and I haven't written him very much but he seemed to know what to do here.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post

Light Me Up

PG.

That was great! Daniel remembered. How cute
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Just thought I'd let everyone know that we're about to lose the lead we had in the favorite kiss game. J/S is now at 32, we're at 33. Damn you, gioia! We had a 15+ lead earlier today, then you had to go and say it wouldn't last. LOL. Okay, seriously, I need to stop editing this vid and go to bed. I will....now.

Oh, I'll read your story tomorrow, esoap

-Stef

Comment

Little side note: I went looking at post counts tonight because I hadn't done it in forever, and I somehow have climbed to the number 2 spot. Makes me sad because I just past Kales, and she is sorely missed around here. *sniff sniff*
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Out of curiosity, whatever happened to the Stargate Fan Awards? Last I read, they were supposed to have sent e-mail notifications like two months ago. Of course, maybe that just means I didn't get nominated. Still, you'd think you would have heard something by now.

-Stef
                                I got notified of my nomination around the beginning of June. I went to the site a couple of days ago to see what was happening and apparently they had something around 4000 authors/artists to notify and now that's done they're supposed to be sending out the contact letters so the author/artist can place their work in the appropriate categories starting around Aug 11.
                                LC
                                sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                                http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Working...
                                X