Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ships aren't worth flaming other people over. Whatever ship turns your crank, go for it. A few other random thoughts ...
    • Fanfics generally handle shipping far better than the show itself does. Go figure.
    • Although I'm a guy, I also seem to be GW's token Sam/Janet shipper. What can I say? They're just right for each other. Besides, the two actresses have so doggone much chemistry that all you have to do is put them in the same shot & they seem like a couple. Whatever the reason, that's my OTP & I'm sticking to it.
    •*Of all the canonical ships, Janet/Daniel works best for me. They're very sweet together (as in the hallway scene in Rite of Passage) & it's probably the only canonical pairing that really walks the fine line between being perceptible & being obtrusive.
    • The episodes that have serious Janet/Daniel HetYay! also have the most Sam/Janet HoYay! Hmmmmm ... anyone for an OT3?

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

I ship for *drumroll* Daniel/Jack and Janet/Sam *sighs* What can I say? I'm proud to be a slash shipper. Jack/Danny boy have to be my OTP.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Sam/Thor all the way!!!
        I must say though I ship Sam/Jack, i do dabble in a bit of Sam/Daniel, Sheppard/Teyla, McKay/Weir, Ba'al/Everything

lol
        --Tan

Comment

Originally posted by scaryperson
          Sam/Thor all the way!!!
          I must say though I ship Sam/Jack, i do dabble in a bit of Sam/Daniel, Sheppard/Teyla, McKay/Weir, Ba'al/Everything

lol
          --Tan
          Smor rocks!!

Tan! I didn't know you were a closet ArcheoGeologist!!! Comtraya!!!
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by scaryperson
            Sam/Thor all the way!!!

lol
            --Tan
            And are you ashamed to admit your affiliation with the Smifth thread?

Comment

I ship for Bates/Teyla... I think even tho they've fought each other, they're a good match.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                I ship for Bates/Teyla... I think even tho they've fought each other, they're a good match.
                Yay, so do I! We're a small minority but it's a cool ship.

Comment

Sam & Jack!!!!!
                  When oh when will they get together?
                  SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Sam and Daniel 4-evah!!!

Comment

Sam and Jack for me

But I respect everyone else's right to ship for other pairings or not to ship at all.
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

As you may or not know my OTP for SG is Jack/Daniel, whilst, my OTP for SGA is Elizabeth/Teyla.

Although I ship for Janet/Sam, Rodney/John and Aidan/Peter, I like the idea of Rodney/Peter as well.

It doesn't borther me if people pair Daniel or Jack with McKay, Ford or Sheppard, but I could never pair J/D with someone else, because like I said they are the TP.

The same with Elizabeth or Teyla they are the TP.

Even though, I've tried my hand at a Teyla/Kate fic and am trying my hand at a Kate/Elizabeth fic, (because change is good and I do like to see if I can pair them with others) for me Telya/Elizabeth will always be my OTP.

That's not to say I don't like the idea of Teyla/John, Jack/Sam, Elizabeth/Rodney etc etc it's just I'm a slash shipper. But het ship wise...I can see the chem between Teyla/John, Sam/Jack, Peter/Elizabeth and Rodney/Elizabeth.

And given the choice of TPTB pairing up, as much as I'd love to see the them opt for a gay pairing, we know that, that isn't going to happen, sadly. So het wise I would like to see the above. Although I'd opt more for Sheyla then anything else.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

I ship the new Lexa Doig/Michael Shanks Ship thread
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hollyshannensangel
                            As you may or not know my OTP for SG is Jack/Daniel, whilst, my OTP for SGA is Elizabeth/Teyla.

Although I ship for Janet/Sam, Rodney/John and Aidan/Peter, I like the idea of Rodney/Peter as well.

It doesn't borther me if people pair Daniel or Jack with McKay, Ford or Sheppard, but I could never pair J/D with someone else, because like I said they are the TP.

The same with Elizabeth or Teyla they are the TP.

Even though, I've tried my hand at a Teyla/Kate fic and am trying my hand at a Kate/Elizabeth fic, (because change is good and I do like to see if I can pair them with others) for me Telya/Elizabeth will always be my OTP.

That's not to say I don't like the idea of Teyla/John, Jack/Sam, Elizabeth/Rodney etc etc it's just I'm a slash shipper. But het ship wise...I can see the chem between Teyla/John, Sam/Jack, Peter/Elizabeth and Rodney/Elizabeth.

And given the choice of TPTB pairing up, as much as I'd love to see the them opt for a gay pairing, we know that, that isn't going to happen, sadly. So het wise I would like to see the above. Although I'd opt more for Sheyla then anything else.
                            I'm glad there won't be a gay pairing, it's not exactly breaking new ground on TV anymore, and even if it was, it'd be gimmicky and smack of a gay writer trying to get his own political points accross.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by Cymro
                              I'm glad there won't be a gay pairing, it's not exactly breaking new ground on TV anymore, and even if it was, it'd be gimmicky and smack of a gay writer trying to get his own political points across.
                              I'm sorry but I have to take vehement issue with this. Given the paucity of same-sex relationships on TV and especially in sci-fi series, it still is "breaking new ground," especially when most shows still handle gay themes as though they were a live grenade. "Gimmicky"? No, try "realistic."
                              As for a "gay writer trying to get his [sic] own political points across," that's a pretty stereotypical assumption. Heck, I'm het (but not, alas, hep) & I'd write a slash ship for Stargate in a heartbeat ... Sam/Janet, Jack/Daniel, Teal'c/Jonas: say the word & I'd do it. (Write, that is—not Do It.) Besides, the Sam/Jack shippers are always going to be at daggers drawn with the Jack/Daniel ones, so things can't get any worse ... 'cept for a reprise of Sam/Pete. Even inter-species sex would be preferable to that

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

I voted of course for Sam and Jack but I also wanted to get Sheppard and Teyla, Teal'c and Ist'ha.
                                Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                                X