This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarshaker
    heehee! My sig is my secret weapon! Everyone's drooling over Mala's Jack pics and they're not paying attention to how ridiculous my posts are.
    well thats just ridiculo.... um, what was i saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      IMO, we shouldn't be blaming Sam and Jack, its TPTB who are at fault. They are masters at pitting segments of fandom against each other. They are the ones who decide to drag this thing out season after season.
      i honestly don't think that they are aware when they write and film this stuff what will cause those reactions. for example, when they did avenger 2.0, they all loved it, thought it was just a bit of fun. even amanda thought the last scene was funny. now i loved that episode. but it created huge division among fans as to its appropriateness. a lot of people thought it was enormously sexist, and insulting. people started to hate felger, and so on.

now TPTB had no idea people would react that way. its very difficult to predict an audience. thats why feature films have test screenings and focus groups. unfortunately a tv show can't afford that luxury.

producers are stupid. i should know, i'm training to be one.

Comment

With the Sam/Jack and Sam and/or Jack supporter issue...I have to agree with Buc252.

IMO there's a lot of support for Sam now and less and less for Jack.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          With the Sam/Jack and Sam and/or Jack supporter issue...I have to agree with Buc252.

IMO there's a lot of support for Sam now and less and less for Jack.
          i think it's only starting to seem like that because more people are starting to defend sam now. and the only way we can do that is by pointing out that they have both done stuff. i'm more than willing to defend jack when people start picking on him.

its not that i'm not supporting jack just because i'm openly supporting sam. i'm just trying to show that they are just as good as each other. i've seen sam take so much hassle over the last two years, and until recently i've tried to reign myself in. but i've found my breaking point.

i love both of them equally, when sam started dating he who must not be mentioned, i was but i understood it, because i reasoned it out. when jack started doing, whatever it was he did with yer woman on edora, i wanted to slap him too. but i reasoned it out.

i don't blame either of them for their mistakes, and i love them for everything else. besides, its all done and dusted now. they're over it, shouldn't we be? lets not dwell and all that? if they're happy, then i'm happy. as long as they're happy together. otherwise i'm gonna be again.

can't we all just get along!?!?!

Comment

I completely agree with you stargate barbie, I love both sam and jack and i love them even more together. Granted they have made mistakes in the past, but as barbie said they've gotten over them and so should we - its all in the past lets leave it there.

In my eyes sam and jack are equal and they both deserve as much loyalty and support from the fans as we can give them - so that the ship doesn't undermine they're characters, because it doesn't, it makes they're characters more realistic and endearing.

And to end on a shippy note: sam and jack together forever!

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I'll just keep my mouth shut in the future then, cos I don't think anyone here would agree with my views on this particular subject

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                i think it's only starting to seem like that because more people are starting to defend sam now. and the only way we can do that is by pointing out that they have both done stuff. i'm more than willing to defend jack when people start picking on him.

its not that i'm not supporting jack just because i'm openly supporting sam. i'm just trying to show that they are just as good as each other. i've seen sam take so much hassle over the last two years, and until recently i've tried to reign myself in. but i've found my breaking point.

i love both of them equally, when sam started dating he who must not be mentioned, i was but i understood it, because i reasoned it out. when jack started doing, whatever it was he did with yer woman on edora, i wanted to slap him too. but i reasoned it out.

i don't blame either of them for their mistakes, and i love them for everything else. besides, its all done and dusted now. they're over it, shouldn't we be? lets not dwell and all that? if they're happy, then i'm happy. as long as they're happy together. otherwise i'm gonna be again.

can't we all just get along!?!?!
                In the past, I kinda felt that it was taboo around here to post something against Jack. Like you, I just kinda had enough of Sam taking most of the heat. I really don't think that this is a issue of whether to support Sam or Jack. I like both, and I like them even better together. But I think you need to look at it from both sides and both points of view. They are both to blame because they wouldn't talk about it, whether its Sam saying "leave it the room" or Jack saying "I know".
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  I'll just keep my mouth shut in the future then, cos I don't think anyone here would agree with my views on this particular subject

hey, you know i love ya. i'm just engaging in what i hope is mostly friendly debate here. and there are people here who clearly agree with you. buc252 and trupi for starters. and i'm sure many more. i'm sure there are a ton of people who disagree with both of us for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    In the past, I kinda felt that it was taboo around here to post something against Jack. Like you, I just kinda had enough of Sam taking most of the heat. I really don't think that this is a issue of whether to support Sam or Jack. I like both, and I like them even better together. But I think you need to look at it from both sides and both points of view. They are both to blame because they wouldn't talk about it, whether its Sam saying "leave it the room" or Jack saying "I know".
                    oh yeah, they've both been idiots. but that what being in love is all about.
                    but god bless him he kept asking her to go fishing, and god bless her she just didn't understand what that meant.
                    but everythings alright now.

by the by, i just read on another thread that in EDM in season 9
                    Spoiler:

sam went to washington for a meeting with someone in the DoD? WASHINGTON!?! guys, so much fic potential here! she was in jack country. did nobody follow up on this? did she volunteer to go? what happened there!?! did she have enough time to see jack?

Comment

Hmm...Rogues...The NC17ers will have a field day with that tidbit!

for me...one forray into the world of Adult fic was enough...considering I was 16 when I wrote my NC17!!!!!!!!

Anywho...

I REALLY have to write some shippery goodness soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to ask something OT but I just bought Season 8 DVD's in Canada. I have all the other seasons and have been able to access the audio commentaries through the episodes by clicking commentaries ON or OFF. Does anyone have season 8? It says on the box the commentaries are there (except for Threads , Grrrrr) but I can't figure out where to find them. Can anyone help?

Comment

just read an AT interview on the sam thread. she says that the whole sam/jack thing was fun to play at times and a bit of a pain at other times. and i totally get that. that to me says that she likes the sam/jack thing, its just too angsty sometimes. and she probably felt that it was starting to take over the character. thats the vibe i get from the context of the interview, and i kind of agree with her.

Comment

Working...
                          X