No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But how could they possibly have slept with each other, I mean they were never alone and so on. It would really have been good if there was a kiss, that would have been the only on screen kiss between the two, both will remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
      Another question for you guys:

So I read that in one of the original scripts for "Beneath the Surface" it was implied that Jack and Carter had had a sexual relationship as "Jonah" and "Thera" but that they scrapped the idea. Does that mean that, since the idea was scrapped, it's technically not canon, and Jack and Carter, while close as "Jonah" and "Thera", did not have a physical relationship in that episode?

I personally never got the impression that they had gotten any further than close companionship bordering on romantic feelings, feelings that they were slightly disappointed that they couldn't act on when they discovered their true identities.

That 'So Colonel/Major' at the end of the episode just kills me. The way he repeats 'Sir' and the look on her face.. It just makes me think that there was something more physical that we just did not see...
      Sam laying her head on his shoulder is definitely sweeter than seeing a kiss, although as a shipper I think a kiss would have killed me at the time LOL!
      .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

Originally posted by Nerwen View Post
        But how could they possibly have slept with each other, I mean they were never alone and so on. It would really have been good if there was a kiss, that would have been the only on screen kiss between the two, both will remember.
        I think that’s more invention than strict interpretation. Yes, there are a lot of people around, but the idea is that people are still going to form attachments to each other and perhaps pursue physical relationships with one another even in the worst of situations. I’ve read stories of people falling in love in prisons and Nazi death camps where there certainly wasn’t privacy to be had.

Besides, even though it wasn’t completely private, Jonah and Thera found quiet moments in the alcove, and if they snuck out after hours to meet with Karlin, they certainly could have snuck out to be together if they wanted.

The episode didn’t say anything about how relationships were handled in that society, so viewers and fanfic authors really have free reign for how they want to treat it. For example, I’ve seen a lot of fanfics for this episode that deal with the idea that maybe relationships are forbidden or have to be preapproved because of a lack of space/resources in the underground mines. But even though that shows up in a lot of fanfics, that idea was never established in the episode itself.
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          I think that’s more invention than strict interpretation. Yes, there are a lot of people around, but the idea is that people are still going to form attachments to each other and perhaps pursue physical relationships with one another even in the worst of situations. I’ve read stories of people falling in love in prisons and Nazi death camps where there certainly wasn’t privacy to be had.

Besides, even though it wasn’t completely private, Jonah and Thera found quiet moments in the alcove, and if they snuck out after hours to meet with Karlin, they certainly could have snuck out to be together if they wanted.

The episode didn’t say anything about how relationships were handled in that society, so viewers and fanfic authors really have free reign for how they want to treat it. For example, I’ve seen a lot of fanfics for this episode that deal with the idea that maybe relationships are forbidden or have to be preapproved because of a lack of space/resources in the underground mines. But even though that shows up in a lot of fanfics, that idea was never established in the episode itself.
          For which we fanfic writers are grateful. Hello, Open Doors Of Interpretation!
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Just because....
            sigpic
            Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Back to the Sam and Orlin thing...Landry mentioned that he had read about the "intimate relationship" in the mission report. But why was such a thing in the report and who had written it? Had whoever wrote the report grilled Carter on what happened between her and Orlin, or was the info gleaned from the surveillance cameras in her house? Did one of the spy cams catch the "mind sex" thing they did in the living room, or did they actually have sexual intercourse, which was picked up by another spy cam in the bedroom or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Nerwen View Post
                But how could they possibly have slept with each other, I mean they were never alone and so on.
                I have a theory...

Originally posted by JodyTAZ View Post

Just because....
                Jack: "So, should we tell Nerwen?"
                Sam: "Nope! It's more fun if they have to figure it out by themselves. "

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                  Back to the Sam and Orlin thing...Landry mentioned that he had read about the "intimate relationship" in the mission report. But why was such a thing in the report and who had written it? Had whoever wrote the report grilled Carter on what happened between her and Orlin, or was the info gleaned from the surveillance cameras in her house? Did one of the spy cams catch the "mind sex" thing they did in the living room, or did they actually have sexual intercourse, which was picked up by another spy cam in the bedroom or something?
                  I still just chalk everything up to bad writing, but if you think about it, Season 5 was the point when SG-1 (and Sam in particular, it seems to me) was of particular interest to Colonel Simmons. He interrogated Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c in "The Fifth Man" and dollars to donuts he was the one to grill Sam about what happened after Orlin left. I'm sure that he left his own report on the situation, and maybe he used an ambiguous phrase like "intimate relationship" because of the things that the cameras heard (Orlin confessing his feelings, them having dinner together).

Ultimately, a phrase like that could have been a way to subtly smear Sam's name ... but if any of that were even remotely true, don't ask me why Landry gave Simmons' report credence or why Sam didn't refute the implications...

I really don't believe that Sam and Orlin slept together. I think that Sam found him attractive, but I think Sam gets a little moony whenever some guy expresses interest in her. Ultimately, Sam knew that it was a very delicate situation. She knew that people were already doubting her, and I think that she was sincere in wanting to learn as much from Orlin as possible and then prove to Jack and the rest that he really existed.

If Sam and Orlin didn't have a physical relationship, I'm at a loss as to why Sam didn't correct Landry. Yes they're all adults (or at least... Orlin was...) but Sam gave both Landry and Lam the impression that they slept together, and personally I don't see any indication of that from "Ascension."

But again it's all interpretation ... or bad writing... one of the two or a bit of both...
                  Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 30 September 2015, 05:21 AM.
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Are we up to the Broca Divide?

If so
                    1 Service dress at briefings
                    2 Explanation of planetary codes
                    3 Jar head vs fly boy rivalry
                    4 Jack is practical about night vision addition to MALP
                    5 They took time to bandage Jack's face
                    6 Possibility of rape rears its ugly face again.
                    7 This spot must be on the edge of light and dark - how else would there be green trees growing
                    But the whole episode is one of extremes - light vs dark, military vs culture,
                    civilized vs caveman
                    8 Those look like very heavy backpacks
                    9 Locker scene - he did kiss her neck "No like this"
                    10 Jack's shirt - no hole while walking with the doc, hole in shoulder while talking to Daniel
                    11 Perversely I enjoyed Jack beating up Daniel
                    12 I think Jack was being possessive from testosterone overload as opposed to the fight as being shippy
                    13 Two quotes "You're the doctor, doctor" and "time to see a doctor, doctor"
                    14 Jack's belly mmmm
                    15 Plague - we bring disease home and we give it to world explored.
                    16 Teal'c trusts Daniel to have his back, Daniel has another agenda
                    17 A gentle moment between Jack and Janet.
                    18 Were all those scratches on Jack's neck from Sam or did they occur when Jack was brought to the infirmary kicking and screaming
                    19 Carter's and Daniel's eyebrows are a hoot
                    20 "Lucy, I'm home" Poor Teal'c and cultural references
                    21 Carter apologizes and Jack brushes it off and then throws her a curve ball - is he trying to make it easier for her or is he flirting?
                    sigpic
                    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I still just chalk everything up to bad writing, but if you think about it, Season 5 was the point when SG-1 (and Sam in particular, it seems to me) was of particular interest to Colonel Simmons. He interrogated Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c in "The Fifth Man" and dollars to donuts he was the one to grill Sam about what happened after Orlin left. I'm sure that he left his own report on the situation, and maybe he used an ambiguous phrase like "intimate relationship" because of the things that the cameras heard (Orlin confessing his feelings, them having dinner together).

Ultimately, a phrase like that could have been a way to subtly smear Sam's name ... but if any of that were even remotely true, don't ask me why Landry gave Simmons' report credence or why Sam didn't refute the implications...

I really don't believe that Sam and Orlin slept together. I think that Sam found him attractive, but I think Sam gets a little moony whenever some guy expresses interest in her. Ultimately, Sam knew that it was a very delicate situation. She knew that people were already doubting her, and I think that she was sincere in wanting to learn as much from Orlin as possible and then prove to Jack and the rest that he really existed.

If Sam and Orlin didn't have a physical relationship, I'm at a loss as to why Sam didn't correct Landry. Yes they're all adults (or at least... Orlin was...) but Sam gave both Landry and Lam the impression that they slept together, and personally I don't see any indication of that from "Ascension."

But again it's all interpretation ... or bad writing... one of the two or a bit of both...
                      I like to think that at this point in her life, Sam is totally happy, comfortable, secure and confident in both her career and love life (i.e. Jack), so she doesn't bother correcting their wrong assumption because she doesn't care what these two newbies think of her.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

When I wrote my episode tag to Ascension, (After the Rise), that's the tack that I took--the whole Simmons thing and the suspicion surrounding the team on varous occasions in regards to their choices.

The show carried with it a built-in dichotomy. It's Sci-Fi, which means that stuff that happens is Amazing!--yet unbelievable. If everyone immedately accepted everything that occured, then the show would be fairly boring. Happenings are imbued with a healthy dose of mystery, which causes skepticism, which means that, even though everything they see is unbelievable, they have to figure out how to believe it in order to be proactive about it. Simmons and his ilk haven't experienced it all, so therefore, they can't adjust to things as easily as the team can. That the whole team chose to believe that Sam was nutso in this circumstance was (I think) a construct of the show's basic premise. Sci-fi trumping character development, or something. (And if that makes any sense at all, i deserve a medal. I was up all night with sick kids and I'm exhausted. )
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

As Zoser said: dress blues at the briefing

Comment

And this scene:

Comment

Considering our conversation of the other day I thought you might find this interesting.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM3Hme36g0s
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                And this scene:

[IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/broca-divide-night-vision-01.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/broca-divide-night-vision-02.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/broca-divide-night-vision-03.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/broca-divide-night-vision-04.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/broca-divide-night-vision-05.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/broca-divide-night-vision-06.jpg[/IMG
                                I like these pics with the quotes as a way of showing tiny Sam/Jack moments. I've been going through all the episodes looking for tiny little moments between them (stuff that might not have been picked up by Rachel500 in her master list), but it's much more interesting seeing your interpretations of shippiness, things that I might not have picked up on before. I hope you do more of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X