Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    maybe it wouldn't all sit so badly if we s/j shippers had gotten to see sam and jack *as a couple*...

I'm not bitter...

(i'malittlebitter...)

Valenship...

February...

7 (1)
    21 (7)
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i can come up with many different (and better!) ideas to get sam and jack together than to do the old and cliched boyfriend/girlfriend storyline.
      You've got a point. And it's a good one. But that's the way they went with it, so I'm not going to second-guess the "how", but instead analyze the "why". I get less crazy that way.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

^ And... some great stories are written that way
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SOtogether View Post
          ^ And... some great stories are written that way
          Truth!
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Just in case you all needed a little humorous angst to color your weekend. . .

Avenged. Or Something.
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

^ Woohoo, new story Thanks!
              sigpic

Comment

Am not going to spam this thread with pics... but I really do like hat one

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  Just in case you all needed a little humorous angst to color your weekend. . .

Avenged. Or Something.
                  Lovely! I'm going to have to rewatch this episode! Glad to see you're able to do some writing again!
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Inspired by a Twitter conversation yesterday, clickable thumbnail:

Comment

Originally posted by SOtogether View Post
                      I wonder what they're looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

[img]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/artwork/go-pick-flowers-700x394.jpg[/]
                        I watched this ep ("Threads") yesterday. I couldn't decide if I wanted to fast forward through the Jaffa parts like I usually do so that I could get to the Sam/Jack parts (and the Daniel parts--I like those, too), but I decided to suffer through them so that the Shippy bits were even sweeter in comparison. Good times.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

I tend to fast forward the Jaffa scenes, too

Comment

Valenship...

February...

7 (1)
                            21 (7)

So are we decided with 8 people voting Valenship 2015 happens on the 21st of February?
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/artwork/go-pick-flowers-700x394.jpg

Thanks! Really nice and that scene made me smile
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                Hello Shippers!

I know I've been slacking on my shipping lately. This has not been as relaxing a vacation as I had hoped. First, I have been dealing with computer problems (still not entirely fixed). Then I have been dealing with other people's problems (as if I don't have enough of my own)! I also sliced off the tip of my right middle finger while cooking this week. It's just a flesh wound, and I don't think any of me got into the food - I hope. Needless to say, typing is not very easy right now.

But I wanted to jump on and say Happy New Year! I was hoping to make some shippy resolutions to help me keep up on my shipping this year. It turns out resolution number one needed to be, find time to make resolutions.

This is going to be a crazy busy year for me as I'm changing career paths. I'm going from lawyer to teacher and the transition is going to be intense. I have two years worth of classes and student teaching that I'll be doing in the next four months while working full time. Then I have to secure a teaching contract for the fall, quit my current job and face all the challenges of a first year teacher. If I live through this it's going to be great.

To help keep my sanity I've decided I must keep up with my shipping. I may not be around much, but I'll try to bring you good stuff when I do stop by.

So here goes:

My Shippy Resolutions for 2015

Fic

I have many fics that have been languishing in incomplete land and a few plot bunnies that may have died of starvation. There's no way I can revive them all this year. I meant to finish my latest Christmas fic by the end of this weekend. (Sorry Robin1231, I've been working on it, but between computer crashes and personal emergencies I'm still only half way through chapter 3.)

Resolution #1: Finish the Twelve Years of Christmas (before Valenship).
                                Resolution #2: Add at least Season 2 to my Mixed Up Files ficlets.
                                Resolution #3: (This is the ambitious one that may be the first to fall.) Finish writing Noble Sacrifice.
                                Resolution #4: Respond to my reviews! ( I really need to do better at this. I'm such a slacker.)

~~~~~~~~~~

Art

Oh, how I've missed playing with my Photoshop. This may be the hardest set of resolutions for me to keep as long as my computer continues to give me attitude. Therefore, I'm going to have to keep it simple.

I used to love making sigs. Before GW disabled the function, I could show them all off using a sig rotator. Now I have hundreds that are never seen. I started a collection making one shippy sig per episode. That's not easy with some very non-shippy episodes. I got bogged down around the middle of season 5. I'd still like to finish the collection, even if I never get to use all the sigs. (If anyone would like to use one of my sigs just let me know. I'm happy to share!)

Resolution #1: Finish Season 5 of Sig Collection.
                                Resolution #2: Finish making cover art for all my fics. (Thanks to SCIMM - secret santa extrodinaire - I only have 5 more to go!)

~~~~~~~~~~

Ship Celebrations

It's already looking like I won't be around for much of Valenship. Lately, I haven't had much new to post. When I was just in school I would make new lists (100 Sam Looks, Every Shippy Moment) whenever I got bored in class. Now that I'm working full time and taking classes mostly online I no longer have that luxury.

This year I really fell down on the shippy celebrations. I started the ten drabbles challenge for Ship Day and then fell behind. I couldn't even get all the prompts posted each day. We always get so many great little fics leading up to Ship Day from this and I was really sad and disappointed in myself I wasn't able to keep it going.

I also really missed having an S/J Advent this year. I'm so grateful to fems for taking charge of Secret Santa. It would not have been nearly as a good a shipmas this year without it.

Resolution #1: Make at least one new piece of shippy art per holiday.
                                Resolution #2: Organize the Ten Drabbles challenge for Ship Day. (Even if I don't get all my drabbles written I'll make sure there is a daily prompt for everyone else.)
                                Resolution #3: Organize an S/J Advent calendar.

~~~~~~~~~~

GateWorld

I've made so many great friends on GateWorld through the years, mostly right here in the S/J Appreciation Thread. You have all been so awesome and I'm grateful for the fun, friendship and joy you've brought to my life. It's so great to be able to share our love of Stargate and the wonderful ship that is Sam and Jack. This thread may not be as busy as it once was, but the family is still strong. I want to do my part to make sure there is a reason for all of us to keep coming back. I would miss you all so much if we couldn't meet and mingle here.

Resolution #1: Hit 15,000 posts (only 899 to go so I consider this a modest goal).
                                Resolution #2: Run the Shippy Madness Tournament in March (giving each of us a reason to pop on at least once a day for a month to vote for our favorite shippy episodes).
                                Resolution #3: Spread more green and do better at thanking others in return!

That's it! It may be a little ambitious, but why not start off the year with big plans. I may actually accomplish some of them.

So what are your shippy resolutions for 2015?
                                I'm exhausted just reading this post.
                                I resolve to be around more (I hope).
                                Still a Sam and Jack Shipper.
                                Only a Sam and Jack Shipper.
                                Always a Sam and Jack Shipper!
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X