Comment

And that's the end of Season 7. *sniff*

Comment

Lost City was a great episode!

Comment

Thanks for the pic spam

Comment

My survey answers:

1.Do you have a preference for fics, art or vids?
            I have no real preference, I like wallpapers, and sometimes I have problems watching vids because of the copyright problem in my country.
            2.Where do you prefer to live, in the cavern of angst, on the fluff clouds or in the gutter? You can name more than one, if you like.
            All of them, but when it comes around Christmas I'd prefer some fluff.
            3.Regardless of your preference, what do you consider to be a fluffy moment? (For example, if you're a cavern dweller, what do you think constitutes fluffy?)
            4.Regardless of your preference, what do you consider to be an angsty moment?
            5.Regardless of your preference, what do you consider to be a gutter moment?
            6.Do you have a favorite genre? (drama, adventure, action, mythology, family, etc)
            7.What is your favorite Stargate episode?
            Threads
            8.What is your favorite Stargate season? (you can also indicate a period, like seasons 1-3 or Captain/Major/Lt Col/Col Sam or Col/Gen Jack)
            9.Why are you an S/J shipper?
            I have been a shipper since I started watching SG, even when I didn't know about shipping back then. But I always thought that they were meant to be together.
            10.What is your favorite S/J moment?
            Always
            11.What is something that Sam or Jack have said (either in an episode or in fic) that describes their relationship to you?
            12.What is your favorite S/J hug?
            Heroes
            13.What is your favorite S/J kiss?
            WoO
            14.Do you have a favorite or do you like Sam and Jack equally?
            I like them equally
            15.Do you have a preference for cannon or AU?
            Cannon
            16.Do you like Sam/Jack with team interaction or more on their own?
            Team
            17.Original!SG1, SG1+Jonas or New!SG1?
            Original!SG1
            18.Who is your favorite ‘side’ character? (as in, not Sam or Jack)
            Daniel, Janet
            19.Do you have a favorite relationship/friendship, aside from S/J?
            20.How do you think of Sam/Jack – in casual clothes, bdu’s, or dress uniforms?
            BDU's
            21.Do you have a favorite S/J pic, vid, and/or fic? (links?)
            22.Is there a song, poem or quote that most reminds you of S/J?
            At the moment it's Bonfire Heart by James Blunt
            23.What is your favorite color(s)?
            Turquoise
            24.What is your favorite time of year?
            Spring
            25.What is more important – special celebrations or everyday moments?
            Everyday moments
            26.Is there anything you really don't like?
            Fics with them having kids
            27.Is there any information you would really like to share with your Secret Santa but isn’t included in the questions above? If so, what is it?
            28.Desktop size
            1280 x 1024
            sigpic

Comment

with this monent; with ALL the moments in this episode, HOW could sam stay with shanahan!???

answer: b/c the ptb didn't want to resolve the ship.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

No votes added just bringing it forward

SHIPMAS VOTE

December 6
                December 13
                December 20 (10)
                December 27 (1)
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  *Tackle Hugs!!!!*

Now that you are all settled into your new home, when are you coming to visit us?!
                  Hi! Oh who knows? I don't think it will be until next year at least! Funds are a little low at the moment, need to get my head down and earn some money.

And to keep on topic -
                  Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by SOtogether View Post
                    Hey there I think your fic is going to be my evening read
                    Thanks! I've been extremely slow at getting it written but it's on the way. I'm aiming to get the next chapter up in the next couple of weeks. Yes, yes I will!

Chapter 1

Comment

Chapter 1

Comment

Chapter 1

Comment

Secret Santa 2014 Survey

1. Do you have a preference for fics, art or vids?
                          No preference.

2. Where do you prefer to live, in the cavern of angst, on the fluff clouds or in the gutter? You can name more than one, if you like.
                          I just enjoy the Land of Ship really, taking as much enjoyment in fluff as angst and the dunks into the gutter. My favourite types of story are a mixture of adventure and the development of their relationship working together to delivery up a great story.

For short stories though, I prefer fluff or gutter because I happen to adore my happy endings and while of course an angsty short story can lead to a happy ending later on, the immediate end leaves you all worked up and not with a happy glow.

3. Regardless of your preference, what do you consider to be a fluffy moment? (For example, if you're a cavern dweller, what do you think constitutes fluffy?)
                          In the show, the quiet and lighthearted moments between the two, and in fic, that extends of course to fluffy family fics and its close cousins, slice-of-life enjoyment fics.

4. Regardless of your preference, what do you consider to be an angsty moment?
                          "Beneath the Surface" where they realize what they are to each other, or what they are allowed to be to each other, in their 'real' lives and "Lost City" where Sam has to leave Jack behind in an Ancient stasis device.

5. Regardless of your preference, what do you consider to be a gutter moment?
                          In the show, hands down the locker room of "Broca Divide." Hot and impassioned. But in fic I enjoy the fun rolls about the bed, or the table, or the couch, or the... er, anywhere, just as much.

6. Do you have a favorite genre? (drama, adventure, action, mythology, family, etc)
                          Romantic adventure or adventuresome romance, I’m never certain about how to say it. I really enjoy stories were a relationship develops in parallel and contributed to, by the adventure the characters are involved in. Adventure for me though, is drama, action, mythology (I love engenius mythological weaving), family, and etcetera.

7. What is your favorite Stargate episode?
                          Cannot say I have one. I am so wishy-washy regarding picking. Although of course, I really enjoy the episodes where the Sam and Jack interaction is more open, then hidden in small touches.

8. What is your favorite Stargate season? (you can also indicate a period, like seasons 1-3 or Captain/Major/Lt Col/Col Sam or Col/Gen Jack)
                          I like earlier seasons for the slow blooming of their relationship from professional partnership to possibly more if fate allows and there is still the innocent fun about exploring the galaxy and being involved at times in crazy off-world antics. Later on, it seems darker and they’re more driven to deal with the villains of the season’s story arcs.

I do though, see Lieutenant Colonel Sam and General Jack as being in a committed relationship (*cough* married), having taken the opportunity in the window of command transference at the end of Season 8.

9. Why are you an S/J shipper?
                          They had an instant connection from the beginning that expressed itself with amazing passion and chemistry in their most mundane interactions and how they compliment and build each other up to be better persons than they were before.

10. What is your favorite S/J moment?
                          I like the Lets-No-Dwell-Fishing-moment because it is a big moment that marks a turning point in their relationship, but I enjoy the other smaller moments between them like in Sam's lab, in the field, or Sam pouncing on Jack because of alien influence.

11. What is something that Sam or Jack have said (either in an episode or in fic) that describes their relationship to you?
                          "Always" - they are always meant to be together, a universal constant.

12. What is your favorite S/J hug?
                          You mean I have to choose? Let me see... Daniel-Died-On-Nem's-World hug, Apocalyptic!AU hug, Saved-From-Goa'uld-Via-Cryogenics hug, AUWeddingPicture hug and later Our!Jack-and- Married-To-DeadAU!Jack-AU!Sam hug, Groundhog Day kiss hug, Jonah-And-Thera shoulder lean, Cracked!Lights grab-hug, Dying-Of-Nirrti's-Gene-Messing shoulder lean, Chased-By-Kull-Soldier shoulder lean, Janet-Died hug, Dad-Died lean hug ... uh... the "Heroes" one is the most intense and makes me teary eyed.

13. What is your favorite S/J kiss?
                          The one that is not alien induced, done in an alternate reality, or a hallucination!

14. Do you have a favorite or do you like Sam and Jack equally?
                          I like to think I like them equally but, I seem to favour whumping Jack… *small voice* does that mean I favour him over Sam?

15. Do you have a preference for canon or AU?
                          I like both. Later seasons there is lots of potential with canon to have an established relationship within the boundaries of the regulations and earlier seasons, opportunities for those delightful divergences into AUs. Straight AUs can also be fun, but I like them with connections to the Stargate Program because that has contributed a lot to the development of Sam and Jack individually, and together.

16. Do you like Sam/Jack with team interaction or more on their own?
                          I like the team to have a strong supporting presence in the action, but for stories of Jack and Sam, just them interacting with each other.

17. Original!SG1, SG1+Jonas or New!SG1?
                          Original!SG1 and SG1+Jonas for team themed fics because both instances have Sam and Jack together in the field.

However, following the end of New!SG1, that is Sam is promoted up into command positions, I can see more opportunities for Sam and Jack to be in a more immediate, interacting working situation.

18. Who is your favorite ‘side’ character? (as in, not Sam or Jack)
                          Um… huh, never considered this before. I guess Teal’c because he’s… Teal’c.

19. Do you have a favorite relationship/friendship, aside from S/J?
                          No favourites.

20. How do you think of Sam/Jack – in casual clothes, bdu’s, or dress uniforms?
                          All three as each have their place, and I must be honest—sometimes nothin'!

21. Do you have a favorite S/J pic, vid, and/or fic? (links?)
                          I enjoy all pictures of them (and wish there were more current ones of AT and RDA).

Nothing specific for videos.

I tend to have favourite authors more than a favourite fic, but the immediate one that always pops into my head is SGCbearcub's "Banshee" because this was the story that introduced me to SG-1. (Yeah, I came into the fandom backwards – fanfiction first, then the film, and then the show!)

22. Is there a song, poem or quote that most reminds you of S/J?
                          Nope.

23. What is your favorite color(s)?
                          Last year: purples, blues, greens. This year, I think the same.

24. What is your favorite time of year?
                          Summer. When it’s warm.

25. What is more important – special celebrations or everyday moments?
                          Special celebrations add a nice focus to what ever is going on and emotions being felt, but sometimes its the everyday moments that hit you the strongest.

26. Is there anything you really don't like?
                          Happily ever afters with other people? I am a big fan of happily ever after. Even bigger when it’s Sam and Jack.

27. Is there any information you would really like to share with your Secret Santa but isn’t included in the questions above? If so, what is it?
                          Don’t stress! Just have fun with whatever you do.
                          Last edited by A. Karswyll; 19 November 2014, 09:16 AM.
                          sigpic
                          My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

Mmmm... that kiss!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for answering the survey questions. The answers have been forwarded to your Secret Santa, just in case they overlook your post.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

What do you guys think? Found on FB:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X