Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    It's been quiet in here the past few days... So, let me pose some questions in the hopes of getting conversation going again:

When/how do you think Sam and Jack got together?

Did they sneak around while at the SGC or did they wait for their transfers (i.e. post season 8)? Who made the first move? Was dating involved and if so, what kind and when? Did it happen at the cabin or somewhere completely unexpected? Were the guys aware of the change of the relationship (or perhaps even present when changes began) or did they wait until later to tell them? Are they married or just in a committed relationship? Any kids? Etc!

No need to answer all the questions above, they're just a little something to get the imagination going!

What would be your perfect confirmation scene if there was going to be one on-screen, either in the third movie or at a moment of your choosing if you could retcon the show?
    For your first question, preferably after season 8. They would've taken full advantage them not being in the same chain of command, however briefly.

Daniel and Teal'c: They were fully aware of what was going on. SG-1 was a closely knit team, they probably couldn't hide things from each other really well. They're married, with 1-2 kids.

My idea of a perfect confirmation: Sam having a ring on the third finger of her left hand, and have the name O'Neill on her fatigues. A kiss would be nice as well!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I think we got a confirmation that they're married in ep 200. Though it was just an idea for that movie, there is no way that they could have said that without knowing that something is really happening. Even if they suspected something was happening, they wouldn't have imagined that without being sure that they won't make an awkward moment. At least IMHO.
      sigpic

Comment

Ha, I knew this would lure some shippers!

@ Selene
        I know which confirmation scene you're referring to and while I liked the way AT phrased it I couldn't help but compare it to the Jack/Kerry revelation...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Confirmation:

Jack arrives home, walks in the front door, calling "Lucy, I'm home". Sam is walking down the hallway and says "I'm not Lucy!" and kisses him anyway.

Comment

It's been quiet in here the past few days... So, let me pose some questions in the hopes of getting conversation going again:

Did they sneak around while at the SGC or did they wait for their transfers (i.e. post season 8)? Who made the first move? Was dating involved and if so, what kind and when? Did it happen at the cabin or somewhere completely unexpected? Were the guys aware of the change of the relationship (or perhaps even present when changes began) or did they wait until later to tell them? Are they married or just in a committed relationship? Any kids? Etc!

No need to answer all the questions above, they're just a little something to get the imagination going!

What would be your perfect confirmation scene if there was going to be one on-screen, either in the third movie or at a moment of your choosing if you could retcon the show?
            There was a fan fic I read a while ago. It was something along the lines of 'Five times Sam and Jack kiss'. The one I liked the best was set after season 8. Jack has already transferred but is still in Colorado and hasn't moved yet, and Sam is waiting at the SGC for her transfer papers to come through. The minute they arrive, she grabs her keys and heads for Jack's house, but she sees him driving (possibly towards her house, I can't remember) and starts hooting to get his attention and they both stop their cars on the side of the road and he stops traffic to get across the road to kiss her. *sigh*

Yeah. That would be my perfect confirmation scene.
            sigpic
            sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

This is old news to everyone but I just recently browsed through episode guides here at Gateworld and found this in Divide and Conquer:

"Are the writers and producers dropping the Sam and Jack storyline after Season Four? "No. It's still there. In fact, many argue that we introduced it in 'Divide and Conquer' when, in reality, it was there for a long time before that episode. 'Divide and Conquer' afforded us the opportunity to bring it out in the open -- not only for the fans, but to have Jack and Sam face the reality as well."

"After three seasons (that's like three years in SG-time) things necessarily evolve. ... The Sam and Jack thread is not over. In spite of how many may feel, it did not begin with 'Divide and Conquer.' It was subtle, but there much much earlier. It will continue to be there, subtle perhaps, but still there."
              (Writer-producer Joseph Mallozzi, in an interview with IGN.com)"

And I felt like "I KNEW IT!!!!" Almost jumped out of my seat and danced around. I KNEW it!! hahaha
              sigpic
              Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

I personally believe that Sam and Jack had tried to be with each other in the course of the series and there are several points where I can see this happening. I think there're more layers to it than simply deciding to sneak around; rather, I've always envisioned it however, to be difficult and burdensome because of their sense of honour as they struggle to get on with each other, and it's this failure and brokenness that I love. Post S8, well, for me, it's just a relationship that has just become official. Whether they get married or have kids doesn't really matter really.

Confirmation? Oh well, I don't really know actually. There's no perfect scene for me, but rather a number of ways where it can happen and I'd be fine with it.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

My head canon has and having "The Talk" just after Jacob's funeral. No details are decided, just the fact that they love each other and they need to make the regs a non-issue. They settle just what those details and the timing of Things That Need To Happen at the cabin and move forward with that plan. And well before the start of S9 they get married.

As for confirmation scene, I'm with Ikorni.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

i don't know IF or WHEN sam and jack got together. hints are nice, facts are lacking. so TO BE SURE, i'm not sure.

if they are already together, i'd imagine it happened sometime between the end of 'threads' and before she returned to the sgc in s9.

my fave confirmation idea...

middle of the night, jack is sleeping and the phone rings. he answers it, talks a tiny bit, and then hangs up. his bed partner moves to him and asks who it was. the bed partner is sam.

or...

jack's asleep in bed when the phone rings. but he can't answer it, b/c he's got a blonde woman literally sleeping on top of him. he tries to reach for the phone, but he can't, and the blonde isn't budging or waking up. he gives up and lets the phone eventually stop. then his cell starts ringing and jack *knows* it's daniel trying to call. but jack's not going to wake his tired wife.

sam mumbles and snuggles even deeper on/in jack, if that's possible.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i was reading this old newspaper column dated july of 2013 and it was of this couple that had been together for eight years but had been living together for seven years and it made me think of our favorite couple.

Comment

I like all the ideas!!

Here is one of mine

At the cabin:
                        Hey guys, Carter caught a fish!
                        I put it back.
                        There is fish in your pond??
                        Ha, ha. Hey, Teal'c, what's up? You look confused.
                        Isn't it an Earth custom for a woman to take a man's last name after marriage?
                        Fer crying out loud, T, I'm not calling her O'neill, that would sound weird.
                        Sounds good to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                          I like all the ideas!!

Here is one of mine

At the cabin:
                          Hey guys, Carter caught a fish!
                          I put it back.
                          There is fish in your pond??
                          Ha, ha. Hey, Teal'c, what's up? You look confused.
                          Isn't it an Earth custom for a woman to take a man's last name after marriage?
                          Fer crying out loud, T, I'm not calling her O'neill, that would sound weird.
                          Sounds good to me!!
                          GOOD!!

sneaky, but oooooh so confirmation-y!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Ha, I knew this would lure some shippers!

@ Selene
                            I know which confirmation scene you're referring to and while I liked the way AT phrased it I couldn't help but compare it to the Jack/Kerry revelation...
                            I was thinking that, as I was typing it. Hence my addition of the domestic scene. Which I actually prefer, precisely because of the Kerry issue. But I didn't want to mention the Kerry thing, lest I cast a shadow on someone else's perception of the scene. I'm glad someone has the same thoughts as well, though!

Comment

As for them having kids... I'm not adverse to the idea, but I don't think it's something they both REALLY desperately want. I think they feel Cassie is theirs and any kids she has will give them grandkids. But I also don't think they are trying to prevent it, so they would leave it up to fate.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Confirmation:

Jack arrives home, walks in the front door, calling "Lucy, I'm home". Sam is walking down the hallway and says "I'm not Lucy!" and kisses him anyway.
                                I like this!

Comment

Working...
                                X