Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    Conversely, I could argue, she didn't do much in that area too. The open flirting with Faxon, her other so-called interests that could have also given Jack the wrong idea.
    So, the bottom line is they both did things that the other was hurt over. They didn't intend any hurt; it just happened because of circumstances. Neither one was to blame, since neither one made an effort to inform the other their feelings. You can't point at one and say they are more to blame than the other when they both did the same thing.

And the flirting was just innocent flirting. There was never anything stopping Jack from flirting with women; the writers just didn't put any in there. And he certainly had no trouble looking at all those Haktyl women that were on the base in their skimpy little outfits. And I'm sure there was a lot of flirting going on with Kerry before they hopped into bed together.

According to some people, Sam should have been wearing a nun's habit and a chastity belt before she and Jack got together, and since she didn't and she flirted with a few guys, and had sex with another (and only one in 7+ years), she's very, very bad and mean to Jack.
    Last edited by hedwig; 20 April 2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      According to some people, Sam should have been wearing a nun's habit and a chastity belt before she and Jack got together, and since she didn't and she flirted with a few guys, and had sex with another (and only one in 7+ years), she's very, very bad and mean to Jack.
      excellent, hedwig

Comment

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is mesmerized by Sam’s naked bod (3)

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (12)
        sigpic

Comment

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is mesmerized by Sam’s naked bod (4)

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (12)
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (13)
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

So, the bottom line is they both did things that the other was hurt over. They didn't intend any hurt; it just happened because of circumstances. Neither one was to blame, since neither one made an effort to inform the other their feelings. You can't point at one and say they are more to blame than the other when they both did the same thing.

And the flirting was just innocent flirting. There was never anything stopping Jack from flirting with women; the writers just didn't put any in there. And he certainly had no trouble looking at all those Haktyl women that were on the base in their skimpy little outfits. And I'm sure there was a lot of flirting going on with Kerry before they hopped into bed together.

Thank you for saying everything that I've been thinking and feeling in a lot more elegant way than I ever could.
              The password is fishing...

Comment

Sending you virtual green

I don't think either of them did anything wrong. They both agreed to leave it in the room all those years ago, even though it was Sams idea. They both had numerous opportunities to say something or do something about it. It was a forbidden relationship and they both in their own way tried to find ways not to love each other. At the end of the day, they came to their senses, they were both at the same point and on the same page when Jack opened that closed room door and Sam walked in.
                sigpic
                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (14)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                    Thank you for saying everything that I've been thinking and feeling in a lot more elegant way than I ever could.
                    Ditto, especially that last paragraph.

I seem to remember Jack saying something about the women of Hak'tyl as they were being taken to the settlement, he was hoping (from Daniel's little cultural speech) that they wanted the men of SG1 to mate with them, so he did have his flirty/ogling other women moments too.

In a sense both Jack and Sam sought comfort in another when they had accepted in their minds they were never going to be with each other. Jack decided to be with Laira when he thought he was never going back to Earth and therefore, wouldn't see Sam again, and Sam decided to be with when she thought that she had to be happy without Jack. They were both just making lives for themselves and trying to move on and be happy with what they had, or could have, not what knew they could never have.

All I can say is thank god for Jacob and his last words of wisdom. I wonder if his attitude towards the rules changed when he had Selmak's opinions on love and fighting a battle together thrown into his head. The Tok'ra seem a very passionate race and love one another with the clear knowledge that the greater good will always come first. They love knowing it may be the last time and make the most of every moment. I like to think that these ideas plus his daughters obvious feelings for her CO encouraged him to tell her to go for it and to be happy.
                    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Couldn't green you Hedwig but you deserve GREEN

I'm in total agreement with you. I maintain that Jack kept telling Sam to get a life and that's what she tried to do.

I respect everyone's opinion on this but I think we shouldn't 'blame' either party.

They're both responsible but thank goodness it Always worked out in the end.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                        All I can say is thank god for Jacob and his last words of wisdom.

shortened, clickable thumbnails

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

shortened, clickable thumbnails
                          *Greens*
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                            Of the two, I've always thought Jack was more loyal than Sam...
                            jmho
                            Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            It's not a popular opinion, but it's the same feeling I've always gotten too.
                            Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                            Me too!
                            it seems the writers have made more of the s/j being *sam's* journey than sam and jack's. even when i go to websites that give a synopsis of the sam and jack characters, they make a deal of sam's feelings for jack, but kind of glaze it over (or completely ignore it) for jack. uh, jack *was* there during this.

i don't know if they labeled it more onto sam b/c amanda made a bigger deal of the storyline, or pulled it away from jack b/c rick didn't really care, or amanda and rick had nothing to do with it and it was just some semi chauvinistic way of telling the story...

the only love interests jack has had were Kynthia, laira, and kerry, all of which he actually slept with. sam's love interests were just pete: the others were either one-sided interest or mutual interest without it going anywhere.

i bring this all up, b/c i don't really know if jack is more loyal to 'them'...

i'm getting confused.

maybe it's more of the stuff amanda's said over time that makes us feel that jack would be more loyal.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Yep, both were hurt. I was just simply arguing for the fact that it wasn't all Jack who was guilty of letting things slide.

That would be extremely churlish, I think, if that sort of opinion were to be held. But I still disagree with the circumstances in which she began with Shanahan and found it objectionable. I still hold the personal opinion that Jack held it out for her longer, and more.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                                I would like to discuss this. I always got the opposite impression.

Sam was the one fighting to bring him home when he was shacking up with some off-world random. Plus he was completely rude to her before that.
                                AND he was the one who instead of discussing his feelings about Sam's impending wedding decided the better option was screwing some FBI agent.
                                I believe he's what held Sam back from Martouf, Narime, Joe, Orlin... She never gave herself to anyone even though she was lonely and needing companionship and these men were very caring and in love with her. Her loyalty to Jack held her back every time.
                                The same can't be said for him.

I think they are equally devoted to each other. They just made mistakes because they are not good with dealing with their feelings.
                                (the bolded) is what i think irkes me a bit, b/c jack *should* have talked to sam about what was happening.

maybe jack felt sam wasn't interested in him anymore b/c she went and found herself a different guy. but maybe sam felt that jack wasn't interested in her anymore b/c he never said or did anything when she did it.

my shippybrain hurt now.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X