Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
    Oh those words at the cabin clearly meant more than the fishing trip, I firmly believe they were talking about their relationship
    Indeed.

Nice.

Loved how you placed all the kissing scenes when Sam's talking about Jack being first and foremost her commanding officer.

The best shippy moment is...

Season 4: Prodigy: Jack meets Sam and Hailey at the gate as their “welcoming committee”

vs.

Season 7: Heroes 1: Sam is on camera gushing about how Jack is such "an amazing man" (15)
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Season 4: Prodigy: Jack meets Sam and Hailey at the gate as their “welcoming committee”

vs.

Season 7: Heroes 1: Sam is on camera gushing about how Jack is such "an amazing man" (16)

That's a no-brainer!

PS.

The welcoming committee moment:

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          PS.

The welcoming committee moment:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-D...2/4x19_224.jpg
          I watched that episode recently, and didn't 'see' the shippy parts until I'd finished watching it. Though some of the men they got trapped, because of those firefly-like creatures, got on my nerves. Don't ask why.
          Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
          My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

I go with the majority

vs.

Season 7: Heroes 1: Sam is on camera gushing about how Jack is such "an amazing man" (17)

sigpic

Comment

I think we've an obvious winner for the day. Onto the next!
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                I think we've an obvious winner for the day. Onto the next!
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but the other one doesn't seem to have any votes at all. Definitely a winner.

Comment

Someone nominated Prodigy. So there is at least one shipper out there who thinks it's shippy.

Comment

vs.

Season 7: Heroes 1: Sam is on camera gushing about how Jack is such "an amazing man" (18)
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by Nola
                    Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      Someone nominated Prodigy. So there is at least one shipper out there who thinks it's shippy.
                      Sorry, that came out wrong, I wasn't implying it wasn't shippy. I do think it's shippy, I just think Heroes is more shippy.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post

vs.

Season 7: Heroes 1: Sam is on camera gushing about how Jack is such "an amazing man" (8)

aaaaand a quick question about 2 shippy moments. Can anyone shed any light on the origins of the two moments described below.

The first looks like it should be from Divide and Conquer, someone made an animated gif manipulation and I've seen the clip used in a couple of music vids. Sam and Jack on either side of something and lean in and kiss, I assume its an outtake on the dvd or something??

Second is Sam in her Atlantis uniform at a desk, the only 'shippy' moments I remember from Atlantis was the photo in the suitcase and the cut scene from trio but this picture was from neither. A cut scene? Something so quick I need my extra strength shippy specs on to spot?

Both are on the Valenship 2013 thread, page 30 something I think, a large picture with a 5x5 set of shippy moment little square pictures, sorry really bad description - spent the past god knows how long reading through it and watching videos and I'm only up to page 48 of 91.
                        It sounds like both are photo manipulations. In an Atlantis scene, somebody put an individual photo of Jack on the shelf behind Sam's desk, and there was never one there in any episode.

Comment

vs.

Season 7: Heroes 1: Sam is on camera gushing about how Jack is such "an amazing man" (18)

No contest
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                            I thought there was another scene with just Hailey and Sam, and Hailey starts grumbling about how Jack believes Sam over herself, and IIRC, *that's* where there was some implied accusations. It was very very subtle, but with the right prescription of shippy glasses one might see it.

Or I might be making it up. It's been a while since I've seen that ep. And judging by the votes for Prodigy, I think I'm not the only one. Heheh.
                            That scene of Hailey whining about Jack picking Sam over her was just that. Hailey whining. There wasn't anything shippy about it. Hailey was doing her usual attempt at "I'm better than Carter" routine and nothing more.

Comment

Season 4: Prodigy: Jack meets Sam and Hailey at the gate as their “welcoming committee” (1)

vs.

I realize my vote is rather pointless by now but I do feel the Prodigy scene is shippy and since this is a competition of the not so popular shippy moments, or something like that , Prodigy gets my vote because I see shippiness EVERYWHERE, even without my rose-colored glasses. For the record, Prodigy was going to get my vote anyway but I couldn't think of what to say last night about why and I still can't so that's all I'm gonna say.

edited to add:
                              Okay I'll add this, that scene has totally squeeable looks, body language and even their tones of voice.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

Season 4: Prodigy: Jack meets Sam and Hailey at the gate as their “welcoming committee” (1)

vs.

I realize my vote is rather pointless by now but I do feel the Prodigy scene is shippy and since this is a competition of the not so popular shippy moments, or something like that , Prodigy gets my vote because I see shippiness EVERYWHERE, even without my rose-colored glasses. For the record, Prodigy was going to get my vote anyway but I couldn't think of what to say last night about why and I still can't so that's all I'm gonna say.
                                Hehe you're right it is shippy Sometimes its the small actions that really show us how close they are, the looks... and the touches *shippy sigh*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X