"all i did was walk into the bedroom. i didn't even say anything."

"you look hot. it's distracting."

"yep... it's the burden i carry."

"come here."

"now."

"yes, ma'am!"
    Alas, the burden of hotness

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    Okay, Trin, I had a really good response for this, but since I'm not sure how strict we are on mature stuff on this thread, I posted it here: And She Says...

It's rated M for safety. Nothing's explicit, but I wanted to be careful any way. Just a short little drabble for your enjoyment.
    Selene!!!

I loved it. Couldn't green you - frustrating - but great drabble.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Okay, Trin, I had a really good response for this, but since I'm not sure how strict we are on mature stuff on this thread, I posted it here: And She Says...

It's rated M for safety. Nothing's explicit, but I wanted to be careful any way. Just a short little drabble for your enjoyment.
      He...hehehe...hehe...he Nothing like some good subtle "pRon" to get the mood going
      "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        Spoiler:
        Was that person given a reason? One they shared with the class? Well, I'll be keeping my eyes out but so far my account and stories are still up, so...
        What kind of infractions are we talking about here? Lack of disclaimers? Poor writing skills? Or are they having accounts deleted for leaving a few too many flames?
        Some as minor as this:

Spoiler:
        Title: "A Rogue Alchemist "
        Summary: "A missing state alchemist resurfaces goes on a killing spree. Several alchemists sent after him were killed. Riza accepts the mission to destroy the man and discovers that they share a common link. Royai"
        Rating: "Rated: T"

Main reason for removal: Title/Summary not Fiction G rated and not suitable
        for all audience.

The above story has been removed because it violated the guideline detailed on
        the upload page.

This infraction has been recorded and as a result, you will not have story
        submission ability for a few days.

FanFiction.Net has a set of guidelines for the uploading of stories and
        chapters.
        -via ffdotnetrants LJ

Zip's had a swear word in the summary and they just flat out deleted it, reviews and all, and put her on suspension for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          Some as minor as this:

Spoiler:
          Title: "A Rogue Alchemist "
          Summary: "A missing state alchemist resurfaces goes on a killing spree. Several alchemists sent after him were killed. Riza accepts the mission to destroy the man and discovers that they share a common link. Royai"
          Rating: "Rated: T"

Main reason for removal: Title/Summary not Fiction G rated and not suitable
          for all audience.

The above story has been removed because it violated the guideline detailed on
          the upload page.

This infraction has been recorded and as a result, you will not have story
          submission ability for a few days.

FanFiction.Net has a set of guidelines for the uploading of stories and
          chapters.
          -via ffdotnetrants LJ

Zip's had a swear word in the summary and they just flat out deleted it, reviews and all, and put her on suspension for a few days.
          Oh my... How ridiculous. I'm assuming stuff like this is only being investigated after a reader reports it, though.

Spoiler:
          I am a bit concerned about the entries I read about smutty fics on the LJ link you gave, since all of my M-rated fics have smutty (and rather explicit or so I've been told) scenes/chapters. But it's not my fault FFnet has such vague descriptions for their ratings and refuses to have an MA-rating. It's not like 16-year-old kids and older are innocents these days, ya know?

And it's stupid to have to up your rating from general to higher simply because of one swearword in the title and/or summary! Especially if such words are in character for the show you're writing for.

For my recently completed fic I was struggling with what was and wasn't appropriate qua sexual content under T-rating and couldn't make heads or tails from the description FFnet gave. In the end I just compared it to movies and stuck to what you can see on the screen.

Hum, I could probably delete CoBT since half the plot is based on sex (it's a Broca-inspired fic), yet it's rather popular under my readers...

FFnet should just give people a warning if they think the rating or content isn't according to their guidelines, which by the way they should probably update since the last time was almost four years ago...

ETA:
          As for removed reviews... aren't those still in your email inbox? From the review alerts you get. I still have all of those (each fic has its own folder) while I've lost all my reviews when Always&Forever went offline since those alerts (and the ones for samandjack.net) don't include the contents of the actual reviews.
          Last edited by fems; 30 May 2012, 07:45 AM.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

OT: FFN
            Spoiler:
            Not a commentary on the content, because I've enjoyed my fair share, but I've been continually astonished by the, um, *maturity* level of some of the fics I've read. I was around in the first days of FFN (in fact, even remember it's initial "Hey, look at what we made" announcement), and know that it's always been geared toward the G-rated audience level.

Again, not a commentary on folks' more mature fic, as I said, I've enjoyed my fair share.

So...about that Sam and Jack, eh? Been a while since we've had some picspam! How about a round of "caption me?"

Yeah? And...
            <laughing> So, then Teal'c says, "Doctor Fraiser, I do not believe a needle of that size is going to fit."

Your turn.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              OT: FFN
              Spoiler:
              Not a commentary on the content, because I've enjoyed my fair share, but I've been continually astonished by the, um, *maturity* level of some of the fics I've read. I was around in the first days of FFN (in fact, even remember it's initial "Hey, look at what we made" announcement), and know that it's always been geared toward the G-rated audience level.

Again, not a commentary on folks' more mature fic, as I said, I've enjoyed my fair share.

I blame the decade of UST, and thus TPTB, for this.
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh my... How ridiculous. I'm assuming stuff like this is only being investigated after a reader reports it, though.

Spoiler:
                I am a bit concerned about the entries I read about smutty fics on the LJ link you gave, since all of my M-rated fics have smutty (and rather explicit or so I've been told) scenes/chapters. But it's not my fault FFnet has such vague descriptions for their ratings and refuses to have an MA-rating. It's not like 16-year-old kids and older are innocents these days, ya know?

And it's stupid to have to up your rating from general to higher simply because of one swearword in the title and/or summary! Especially if such words are in character for the show you're writing for.

For my recently completed fic I was struggling with what was and wasn't appropriate qua sexual content under T-rating and couldn't make heads or tails from the description FFnet gave. In the end I just compared it to movies and stuck to what you can see on the screen.

Hum, I could probably delete CoBT since half the plot is based on sex (it's a Broca-inspired fic), yet it's rather popular under my readers...

FFnet should just give people a warning if they think the rating or content isn't according to their guidelines, which by the way they should probably update since the last time was almost four years ago...

ETA:
                As for removed reviews... aren't those still in your email inbox? From the review alerts you get. I still have all of those (each fic has its own folder) while I've lost all my reviews when Always&Forever went offline since those alerts (and the ones for samandjack.net) don't include the contents of the actual reviews.
                FF.net OT

Spoiler:
                I saved all my reviews either by saving the complete webpage or via Chrome 'printing' to PDF each page of reviews. It sucked. I several very popular fics and I just yanked 'em all because I didn't want to deal with FF.net's vague ToS and with this, I'm glad I did

[COLOR="#000000"]OT: FFN
                Spoiler:

FF.net OT

Spoiler:
                I think I'm too libertarian for me to enjoy FF.net. I've not really liked them and the second AO3 showed up, I was ready to jump ship. I can see how they were geared towards the G-audience though.

Because that's all I got. The last S/J I did was a BtS fic and so I got nuthin'

Comment

If you wanted to know what I was reading sir you just had to ask.

It's ok Carter, I don't really feel the need to know what volume of "Quantum Mechanics for Beginners" you're on now...
                  Last edited by Wild Flower; 31 May 2012, 10:33 AM.
                  Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

[/COLOR]
                    Sam: Yes, sir. You can rest your head on my shoulder while I read you a story.

Jack:

Comment

So...about that Sam and Jack, eh? Been a while since we've had some picspam! How about a round of "caption me?"

[IMG]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l355/polrobin/SG_Images/redskybtsatrda1.jpg[/]

So, you know. The last time we were on this planet, I couldn't have had my hand where it is right now.
                      <laughing> Well, the last time we were here, Jack, we weren't married.

Your turn.

[/COLOR]
                      Whatcha reading?
                      I printed some stuff off the computer and had it bound. No big deal.
                      What's it about?
                      Um, well. It's um, about--er--us, sir.
                      Us?
                      You and me. And I--or me, you and I. Whatever.
                      What about us?
                      Well, there's this stuff called fanfic, where people watch our lives and then make up stories about us.
                      Sounds interesting.
                      Yeah. Some writers are really good. I am really enjoying seeing what they think should happen between us.

<pause>

So, Major.
                      Yes, sir?
                      Are there any stories where I get to second base?
                      Sir, there are stories where you hit home runs.
                      Yeah? Who wrote those?
                      <<clears throat>> Well, actually, I did, sir.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Was that person given a reason? One they shared with the class? Well, I'll be keeping my eyes out but so far my account and stories are still up, so...
                        Spoiler:
                        I wouldn't know. When I went to check the fic to look something up on the author's profile, the entire profile had been deleted.

Actually, ff-net that "User is no longer an active member." But there are stories and authors that have been inactive 10 years and the stories and fics are still up.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

FFnet OT:

Spoiler:
                          I don't know if I'm being paranoid now or what, but suddenly I can't log into my account anymore. It just keeps loading, while the site has no problems loading at all. At least I see my recently completed fic is still there... for now.

"If you're bored you could always read a book, Sir."
                          "Does it have pictures?"
                          "Eh, no Sir."
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

jack: what's the book, carter?

sam: it's one i wrote.

jack: really? what's it about... science thingermabob stuff?

sam: actually, sir, it's a love story.

jack: really?? do tell.

sam: it's about two co-workers who fall in love.

jack: really...

sam: it gets a bit steamy too.

jack: YOU wrote steamy, carter? *grins*

sam: actually, sir, you'd be surprised what's underneath...

jack: i've been dying to find out what's underneath--

daniel: and i'll just sit here and pretend i'm not listening to you guys pretend
                            you're not talking smut when you really are.

*sam and jack turn and stare at daniel*

daniel: you guys are such posers.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

"Then what does she say?"
                              "I love you."
                              **stares**
                              Last edited by trinity3; 30 May 2012, 04:14 PM.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                Whatcha reading?
                                I printed some stuff off the computer and had it bound. No big deal.
                                What's it about?
                                Um, well. It's um, about--er--us, sir.
                                Us?
                                You and me. And I--or me, you and I. Whatever.
                                What about us?
                                Well, there's this stuff called fanfic, where people watch our lives and then make up stories about us.
                                Sounds interesting.
                                Yeah. Some writers are really good. I am really enjoying seeing what they think should happen between us.

<pause>

So, Major.
                                Yes, sir?
                                Are there any stories where I get to second base?
                                Sir, there are stories where you hit home runs.
                                Yeah? Who wrote those?
                                <<clears throat>> Well, actually, I did, sir.
                                *snort*
                                "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X