No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I read (or heard?) somewhere that an episode similar to Unending was originally pitched in an earlier season when Jack was still the leader or SG-1. The Daniel/Vala relationship would have been Jack/Sam (which would have been awesome!). So instead of Landry, Jack would probably die of old age before 50 years, so Sam would definitely be at his bedside! But, in that scenario, Daniel and Teal'c would be there, too!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Sam and Teal'c are close friends and both are loyal to Jack and that's all I will say about it.

As for what the actors say, it is interesting to hear their opinions but if they don't mesh with my view of the characters I ignore them. After all Carmen thought Sam should be with Daniel. There was a time when AT didn't want Sam and Jack to be together. And RDA has said that he doesn't think Sam and Jack could ever be togother as long as they stayed in the Air Force. All just background noise to me.
      Carmen thought it should be Sam and Daniel??? That's crazy talk! AT goes back and forth, the latest quote from her has Sam and Jack together, having sex, fishing and dating! Though they are married, and have been for many years, as far as I'm concerned!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Carmen thought it should be Sam and Daniel??? That's crazy talk! AT goes back and forth, the latest quote from her has Sam and Jack together, having sex, fishing and dating! Though they are married, and have been for many years, as far as I'm concerned!!
        Yep. Somebody asked him at one of those cons, and he thought Sam and Daniel should have gotten together.

Delusional man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
          She has waffled, but I think that the fishing and sex sentiments is a direct reflection of how much we shippers have rubbed off on her. We're contagious!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            She has waffled, but I think that the fishing and sex sentiments is a direct reflection of how much we shippers have rubbed off on her. We're contagious!
            LOL. Maybe it's a left over remnant of the Touched virus...
            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

With regards to Carmen saying Daniel and Sam should get together, in the early seasons, that seemed more likely and though Sam/Jack are my OTP for stargate, I can see how they thought that. Certainly they had the whole geek-ness thing going on between them. Maybe Carmen picked up on that. Plus MS and AT are close in RL.

There's a great fic out there where Sam and Daniel attempt to go out on a date and it's hilarious because it's so awkward and afterwards they have another get together as friends to tell each other how the date went. Does anyone know which one I'm talking about? I can completely see that happening early-on.

As for Teal'c in unending, like some said, after that many years on a ship, things change. He has comforted Sam before in Paradise Lost (if memory serves). I did find it weird, but it would be understandable if their brother-sister bond grew even closer (though perhaps not that close)

As for why Sam was alone with Landry, I choose to believe that the others all have said their goodbyes and let Sam have a moment with him by herself.

Comment

I read the same reply by Carmen somewhere in an interview I believe but I interpreted it more as: Daniel would be the ideal son-in-law, the guy every father hopes his daughter ends up with compared to someone with as dark and troubled a past as Jack has.

Of course, Sam would probably be close to the ideal daughter-in-law so the relationship would never work out because they are both too 'perfect' and their lives together are boring. There is such a thing as being too compatible, in my opinion. Complementing each other is far more important, like how Jack and Sam share some similarities but complement each other in other areas.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  I read the same reply by Carmen somewhere in an interview I believe but I interpreted it more as: Daniel would be the ideal son-in-law, the guy every father hopes his daughter ends up with compared to someone with as dark and troubled a past as Jack has.

Of course, Sam would probably be close to the ideal daughter-in-law so the relationship would never work out because they are both too 'perfect' and their lives together are boring. There is such a thing as being too compatible, in my opinion. Complementing each other is far more important, like how Jack and Sam share some similarities but complement each other in other areas.
                  Agreed.

Sam has a thing for the 'Lunatic Fringe' after all
                  "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                    There's a great fic out there where Sam and Daniel attempt to go out on a date and it's hilarious because it's so awkward and afterwards they have another get together as friends to tell each other how the date went. Does anyone know which one I'm talking about? I can completely see that happening early-on.
                    I can't see S/D ever from a character standpoint. Daniel was married and very committed to his wife right up until she was killed. He would never go out on a date with Sam or anyone else while he was still searching for her. By the time Sha're died in S3 I'm convinced Sam already had feelings for Jack and her relationship with Daniel had long ago crossed over to the brother/sister kind. They would have never considered dating.

Moreoever, I never bought the "clueless Daniel" scenario. He knew about Jack and Sam's attraction to one another and you don't try to go out with the girl your friend is in love with.

Comment

I can't see S/D ever from a character standpoint. Daniel was married and very committed to his wife right up until she was killed. He would never go out on a date with Sam or anyone else while he was still searching for her. By the time Sha're died in S3 I'm convinced Sam already had feelings for Jack and her relationship with Daniel had long ago crossed over to the brother/sister kind. They would have never considered dating.

Moreoever, I never bought the "clueless Daniel" scenario. He knew about Jack and Sam's attraction to one another and you don't try to go out with the girl your friend is in love with.
                      Good points. I've always tended to think this way, too. From the very beginning, and even more blatantly in the recut CotG, Daniel and Sam nearly immediately struck a sibling-like friendship. I have never been able to see Sam and Daniel as anything more than this. This goes for Teal'c, too.

Jack, on the other hand--his chemistry with Sam was different all along. It was never fatherly or brotherly or even long-lost-cousinly. From the moment that he looked up to see her framed in the SGC doorway, his senses were heightened by her. I think it was destined, even if tPtB didn't see it that way. That chemistry was just THERE.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

There's a reason they made AT stand next to RDA and not MS when auditioning for the role of Sam...
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          Good points. I've always tended to think this way, too. From the very beginning, and even more blatantly in the recut CotG, Daniel and Sam nearly immediately struck a sibling-like friendship. I have never been able to see Sam and Daniel as anything more than this. This goes for Teal'c, too.

Jack, on the other hand--his chemistry with Sam was different all along. It was never fatherly or brotherly or even long-lost-cousinly. From the moment that he looked up to see her framed in the SGC doorway, his senses were heightened by her. I think it was destined, even if tPtB didn't see it that way. That chemistry was just THERE.
                          I love this! It's so true! Right from the moment Jack looked up and Sam walked into the room, you could just tell that they'd never have that sibling relationship Sam has with Daniel and Teal'c!
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Oozing chemistry and sexual tension!

Comment

[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Gateworld%20Rewatch%20Banners/Light.jpg[/]

Oozing chemistry and sexual tension!
                              When I saw the caption on this, I thought of that song by the Honeydrippers (I think).

Come with me, my love,
                              To the sea, the sea of love.

I wanna tell you,
                              Just how much I love you.

**sigh**

Now, as much as I am anti Jack and Sam dancing, I can totally see that one happening. In the kitchen. After a good night's meal. As they are doing something mundane like washing the dishes, he turns to her and catches a look back and. . . .

**sigh**

sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                When I saw the caption on this, I thought of that song by the Honeydrippers (I think).

Come with me, my love,
                                To the sea, the sea of love.

I wanna tell you,
                                Just how much I love you.

**sigh**

Now, as much as I am anti Jack and Sam dancing, I can totally see that one happening. In the kitchen. After a good night's meal. As they are doing something mundane like washing the dishes, he turns to her and catches a look back and. . . .

**sigh**

Wha---????? You can't stop there.

Comment

Working...
                                X