No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at the shipper thread and Bev seems to be spamming it, Sir.

So I see, but they're such good pictures. Perhaps we should re-enact them?

Yeahsureyabetcha!

sigpic

Comment

Look Sir, Devilish Me has joined in the fun.

Thank goodness!

sigpic

Comment

Collisions of Dangerous Minds - not exactly shippy but so wonderful. Jack and Sam meet before SGC

The Commander of Atlantis - cause I love fics where Sam is in charge and Jack comes to visit. In this case it goes from UST to RST

Regrets Simpsons and Imaginary Friends Well this is just great.

A Christmas Most Fowl Because I can see this happening

We Build then we break and build up again Because it's such great angst with a great ending. And it's Annerb
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Oh, WOW, where is this from??? is it for real??? And what movie 3? I thought there was no 3rd Stargate movie.....

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
            Look Sir, Devilish Me has joined in the fun.

Thank goodness!

*jump-hugs sam&jack* Hello there!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                Oh, WOW, where is this from??? is it for real??? And what movie 3? I thought there was no 3rd Stargate movie.....
                No it's from a convention. I don't know which one though.

The movie 3 is something we were hoping for after Continuum. Brad Wright has a script ready called Stargate:Revolution, but MGM didn't give the green light, so it's still not made. Though I remain hopeful.
                Oh, and someone on this thread re-titled it to Stargate: Resolution. *giggles*
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know who's pic it is, I just snurched it.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    It was not AT and RDA who decided against the kiss. It was PDL. AT and RDA were always up for kissing! I would not call PDL a shipper. If you look at the scripts he wrote and many of the shows he directed you will see that he always minimized the ship. Martin Wood is our shipper and that's why we LOVE him.
                    It should be mentioned that RDA and AT may have always been up for kissing-- but they were very careful about it. They were incredibly respectful of the military chain of command and the frat regs that the ship existed in. I don't remember where, but I read that they nixed some shippy moments because it would take things too far before they were clear of the frat regs. And AT was recently asked when she thought Sam and Jack finally got together. She responded with something like "Immediately. As soon as they were no longer in the same chain of command."

It's something I've always respected them for, even if it makes my poor shippy heart break sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                      It should be mentioned that RDA and AT may have always been up for kissing-- but they were very careful about it. They were incredibly respectful of the military chain of command and the frat regs that the ship existed in. I don't remember where, but I read that they nixed some shippy moments because it would take things too far before they were clear of the frat regs. And AT was recently asked when she thought Sam and Jack finally got together. She responded with something like "Immediately. As soon as they were no longer in the same chain of command."

It's something I've always respected them for, even if it makes my poor shippy heart break sometimes.
                      Which is why TPTB ignoring AT's request not to have Sam kiss Pete whilst on a mission really annoys me. Both AT and RDA seemed to respect their character's interactions and integrity way more that the writers and certain producers did!
                      The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Hot off the PS...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Wonderful!!

Comment

O'neill's out on the town!

Comment

I can't write fics, but I can get my resolution another way!
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm too tired to argue over the whole kiss thing, but I will say that AT and RDA decided against a kiss in TBftGoG (although in my shippy glasses I see a little peck as they come out of the hug) but that's the only time they were responsible for deep sixing a kiss.

They chose not to say some dialog that was written for them at the forceshield in D&C. I'm not aware that there was ever a kiss there.

Paul Mullie is the one who added the kiss in WoO. They were short on time and looking for crazy things RDA could do and PM naturally thought Jack would take advantage of the opportunity to kiss Carter. (PM and JM have always been Friends In the SHip, or as I like to call them. . . FISH. )

It was PDL who decided against the kiss in BtS. I'm pretty sure he says that in the commentary.

I believe a kiss was considered in LC but I'm not sure it even got into the script. I believe it was BW who decided against it.

If anyone has articles, interviews, commentary, etc. they can refer that states to the contrary I'd love to see/read/listen to it.

I still maintain PDL is not a shipper. (Just the fact that he wrote and directed Affinity is enough to solidify that opinion in my mind.) And if he is, he lives deep in the caves of angst.

Comment

Working...
                                X