Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    Hey, y'all. Just a little question: Does anyone actually still think there's a chance for a Sam/Jack confirmation 3rd SG-1 movie? Even if there is a 3rd movie, there's no guarantee they'll confirm Sam and Jack as a couple. Most think that ship (mind the pun) has sailed, and I have to agree. I mean, after all these years, and still no confimration, plus it seems ship fans are moving on.

I don't see a confirmation in the future, from what I've heard online, and from my contacts in high places, there's no news on anyone planning to do a SG movie at all. Anyway, that's how I feel about it, how about y'all?

Oh, and I see certain fans spamming poor MGM everyday, and no amount of tweeting in the universe will make them do a SG movie.
    Honestly I don't think they'll make that movie anymore and I think we'll have to live with the confirmation in our heads...

The Best Shippy Episode is . . .

Beneath the Surface (11)

vs.

Desperate Measures

For all the reasons mentioned above! I love this episode
    sigpic
    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Beneath the Surface (12)

vs.

Desperate Measures

: Would it mean anything if I told you I remember something else?
      : What?
      : Feelings.
      : Feelings?
      : I remember feeling feelings.
      : For me?
      (sarcastically): No, for Tor.
      : *laughs*

(and he gets so quietly serious here):

: I don’t remember much. But I do remember that.<snip>
      : Well then I feel better.

Yes, they don't remember who they really are...but at this point, they've figured out that they are living a lie, and they are trying to recapture their memories. Jack *knows* the woman beside him holds significance in his life...that he has feelings for her. I love her response: knowing he feels that way reassures her...it matters to her because she also feels these feelings.

This is them -free of regs, free of the complications of their *real* life. It is sweet in its innocence, and so very tragic when they are reminded of what keeps them apart.

Hence...it gets my vote!
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

if i remember right, in the original script weren't "Jonah" and "Thera" originally a couple? and that they shared a kiss?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          Hey, y'all. Just a little question: Does anyone actually still think there's a chance for a Sam/Jack confirmation 3rd SG-1 movie? Even if there is a 3rd movie, there's no guarantee they'll confirm Sam and Jack as a couple. Most think that ship (mind the pun) has sailed, and I have to agree. I mean, after all these years, and still no confimration, plus it seems ship fans are moving on.

I don't see a confirmation in the future, from what I've heard online, and from my contacts in high places, there's no news on anyone planning to do a SG movie at all. Anyway, that's how I feel about it, how about y'all?

Oh, and I see certain fans spamming poor MGM everyday, and no amount of tweeting in the universe will make them do a SG movie.
          I still have hope for a 3rd movie, though I do not think that MGM is going to make it. Of course I'd like to see confirmation on screen but in my Universe S/J are together and I am happy with that.
          And btw people should stop insulting fans who keep asking MGM about the movie since it happens the same thing with Sanctuary and Syfy!
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            if i remember right, in the original script weren't "Jonah" and "Thera" originally a couple? and that they shared a kiss?
            Really? Where did you hear that?
            sigpic
            Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
              Really? Where did you hear that?
              i dont actually remember. could've been on here, could've been on a wikia page. i have no clue.

Comment

Beneath the Surface (13)

vs.

Desperate Measures

Sorry, can't edit it properly, my computer died yesterday and I have to use my mobile.
                sigpic

Comment

Beneath the Surface (14)

vs.

Desperate Measures

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    i dont actually remember. could've been on here, could've been on a wikia page. i have no clue.
                    They talk about it on the Director's commentary. (I just realized I didn't "quote" the rest of this conversation, but it was about the kiss that Jonah and Thera were supposed to have shared in BtS. Amanda and RDA decided that there had been enough smooching in that season and they chose not to do it, if I'm recalling correctly. It's PdL talking on the commentary--I think he really is a shipper, even though his brother was tagged to play .)
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Beneath the Surface (15)

vs.

Desperate Measures
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Beneath the Surface (16)

vs.

Desperate Measures

Comment

Beneath the Surface (17)

vs.

Desperate Measures

Comment

Guys, I am reading some of the older topics and I came across this paragraph:

8. If I wasn't a die-hard S/J shipper I could definitely see Jack with Kerry and Sam with Barret.

I am a die-hard S/J shipper, and I can still see Jack/Kerry and Sam/Barrett. But since it's implied Sam/Jack in the background of "future seasons" (Sam's words to Keller in SGA: Trio), I imagine that Jack is very careful around Kerry, and Sam, when she encounters Barrett, is similarly careful - even though there was nothing there in that case.
                            So... what were Sam's words to Keller and who the heck is Kerry? And Barrett, for that matter?

I guess it's been a loong time since I watched the whole SG franchise if I am forgetting these details.... But I honestly can't remember a woman named Kerry who was be with Jack.... all I remember was the woman from 100 days in the very beginning and the the goaul'd one who made a pass at him when everyone though Jack is going to kill the president. But that's it...
                            Last edited by For_All_Eternity; 26 March 2012, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                              Guys, I am reading some of the older topics and I came across this paragraph:

So... what were Sam's words to Keller and who the heck is Kerry? And Barrett, for that matter?
                              Kerry is in season 8 of SG1 as Jack's...uh...friend. Malcolm Barrett is an agent who has had a thing for Carter for a few years. In a cut scene of SGA "Trio", Sam tells Keller that she is seeing an older guy in washington...one would assume she is referring to Jack.
                              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

For the record, I'd have rather seen Sam with Joe Faxon rather than Barrett. I dunno why, but of all the guys who have had a crush on Sam, I always liked him the best for her. Maybe because he wasn't.... uh, shall we say simpering? He was the least "she's an angel"/"all that's left of my dead lover"/"way outta my league" out of all the suitors, and seemed the most "real".

And I think his crush was the most understated, what with his introduction having been in the "episode that didn't happen" in 2010. So we knew that he was a serious contender without him ever having to say a word.

Comment

Working...
                                X