No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only gotten up to SGA Season 4 'Tebula Rosa' so far! ACK -I'll let you know what I think on the S5 opener when I get there.

On a side note...in 'Tebula Rosa' the entire crew of Atlantis contracts a virus that makes them lose their memory. At one point Rodney is freaking out and Teyla reminds him that he's a scientist, and that's what he cares about, so it's the memory he will hold on to the longest.

My shippy heart skipped a beat and I thought about Sam and how she cares about Jack...so his memory is what she would hold on to the longest.

I'm working on a ficlet, but not ready to share yet.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      This made me smile!

We've often discussed what kind of dog Jack and Sam would get after they got together. I think this little guy is the real deal!

Homer the Golden Retriever

Couldn't be more perfect! His name is Homer, he lives in the woods in Minnesota, and loves to swim, fish, ride in boats, and wrestle with his owners!

Apart from Sam and Jack, Homer is THE perfect match.

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      I've only gotten up to SGA Season 4 'Tebula Rosa' so far! ACK -I'll let you know what I think on the S5 opener when I get there.

On a side note...in 'Tebula Rosa' the entire crew of Atlantis contracts a virus that makes them lose their memory. At one point Rodney is freaking out and Teyla reminds him that he's a scientist, and that's what he cares about, so it's the memory he will hold on to the longest.

My shippy heart skipped a beat and I thought about Sam and how she cares about Jack...so his memory is what she would hold on to the longest.

Looking forward to it Sara.

What memory of him do you think she would hold on to?
      Last edited by trinity3; 06 August 2011, 01:52 PM.
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
        damn tough question. i think she would've kept a memory that made her happy. maybe the memory of the first time they met?

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
          You should drop by the Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation thread. Rachel500 has a webpage that lists every Sam and Jack shippy moment in the series (and beyond the series... as in, SGA, SGU, and the movies). I'm afraid that I don't have the link, but if you ask on that thread, I'm sure someone will be able to help.
          I trying to find this webpage does anyone know were it is?

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
            His face - especially the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebecoc View Post
              Here it is: http://rachel500.livejournal.com/5675.html
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebecoc View Post
                Treknik beat me to it! I had THIS one: http://diaryofmysoul.blog.cz/1007/sa...-list-season-1 (but not Rachel's).

On the memory thing with Sam: I was thinking general familiarity and his name staying in her mind, not a specific memory (McKay was able to rattle off Pi for Teyla with no problem).
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                  Yep, that was me. That one was called "Sunrise" by J.F. Crane (that's actually the penname of Sally Malcolm and Laura Harper).

I really liked it, but I have heard mixed reactions from people regarding the shippy bits. Some have said that the characters were a little out-of-character, but I didn't think it was bad, and it was *much* better than many of the other Fandemonium books!
                  Thank you . I don't usually go for the Fandemonium books, but I may just check this one out.

Great idea for a fic! I look forward to reading it.

Comment

so i was just on youtube just looking up random things and one of my suggestions for a stargate vid i was watching had the actress that played cassandra in the season 5 episode rite of passage, singing in a band from about a couple of years ago. she has a good voice i wonder how sam and jack would've reacted if Cassie did this.

here's one of the songs Colleen sang.

Spoiler:

Comment

Hmm, I read a fic once somewhere that actually had Sam and Jack go to a club where Cassie (and other college kids) was performing with a new band. Maybe that's where the inspiration came from?
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hey Shipmysters

**I don't know. It just...sounds right**

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        damn tough question. i think she would've kept a memory that made her happy. maybe the memory of the first time they met?
                        Definitely one that would make her happy. I kinda think they would have made some happier memories since then though

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        His face - especially the eyes.
                        That is EXACTLY what I was thinking Jan.

Exactly!!! Those brown eyes are just too memorable.

Treknik beat me to it! I had THIS one: http://diaryofmysoul.blog.cz/1007/sa...-list-season-1 (but not Rachel's).

On the memory thing with Sam: I was thinking general familiarity and his name staying in her mind, not a specific memory (McKay was able to rattle off Pi for Teyla with no problem).
                        Yes. The eyes. Definitely the eyes
                        sigpic
                        sig by Mada
                        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Have not been here in, like, forever but just watched "Broca Divide" as part of the rewatch and wanted to reconnect with my fellow shippers!
                          sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                          Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                          GateCon Vancouver 2011
                          Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                            Have not been here in, like, forever but just watched "Broca Divide" as part of the rewatch and wanted to reconnect with my fellow shippers!
                            welcome back!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

young Jack/Sam pic spam

Spoiler:

you're sure you wanna go to this Carter? i mean it's probably going to be your typical high school dance.

yes i do Jack. This is what your typical high school students do. Do you not want to go?

What do you think Sam? There's no way I'm going to a school dance.

Yes you are going! Plus I think it might be good for you.

(Thinks to himself) yeah right!
                              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 08 August 2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                young Jack/Sam pic spam

Spoiler:
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...7&d=1312810439
                                you're sure you wanna go to this Carter? i mean it's probably going to be your typical high school dance.

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...5&d=1312810437
                                yes i do Jack. This is what your typical high school students do. Do you not want to go?

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...8&d=1312810440
                                What do you think Sam? There's no way I'm going to a school dance.

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...4&d=1312810436
                                Yes you are going! Plus I think it might be good for you.

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...9&d=1312811430
                                (Thinks to himself) yeah right!
                                I wonder what enticement Sam will use to get Jack to take her to the dance.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X