Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I like the idea of them naming a daughter Grace.

I am working on a "baby fic" of sorts right now, but the child isn't named Grace. I do have a good reason for that.
    I still like Grace for a girl and Jacob for a boy. Sometimes the names can be out there... like Daniella, named for Daniel. I really cringe when I read that. But hey, author's prerogative! As long as people are out there writing S/J fics, I won't complain (too much)

btw, does anyone have that cute emoticon with Sam, Jack and Grace (or whatever you want to call their daughter)? I think I saw it posted during Valenship. It would go nice with this discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
      Look what I've found on wiki - it made me smile
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_O'Neill

Children Charlie (series) (son, deceased)
      Jade O'Neill (daughter, in the future with Sam Carter)
      what does that mean??
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        Sorry Trinity...I'm not doing 'M' fic... in my head, maybe, but not in print.

LOL on calling in the MEDIC!

PS -I need to be taught how to multi-quote...still kinda newbie.
        I haven't really figured out the multi-quote either, and I've been here a year! But, hey, it just adds to my post count, so I don't mind.

Comment

what does that mean??
          hlndncr posted a response to this... go up a few posts... apparently it's from a novel.

Comment

I like the idea of them naming a daughter Grace.

I am working on a "baby fic" of sorts right now, but the child isn't named Grace. I do have a good reason for that.
            btw, looking forward to your new fic!!

Comment

I've always been partial to "Janet Carter O'Neill" -she exists in my imagination and hopefully and upcoming fic of mine. I've always thought they would honor Janet, if Cassie could stand to hear it all the time...
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                I haven't really figured out the multi-quote either, and I've been here a year! But, hey, it just adds to my post count, so I don't mind.
                The multi-quote isn't working for me right now; so I wouldn't worry about it. I think there's a bug in the software atm.

Comment

btw, looking forward to your new fic!!
                  Well I'm working a lot right now. (I should be getting ready for bed because I have another 10 hour day tomorrow.) I really want to write, but I just don't have the time.

My hope is that I'll be able to finish the story before Ship Day. It's not really that far away though.

Comment

I've always been partial to "Janet Carter O'Neill" -she exists in my imagination and hopefully and upcoming fic of mine. I've always thought they would honor Janet, if Cassie could stand to hear it all the time...
                    I like the idea of honoring Janet, but I always thought Cassie would name a daughter after her. So Janet would be Sam and Jack's "granddaughter."

Comment

Well I'm working a lot right now. (I should be getting ready for bed because I have another 10 hour day tomorrow.) I really want to write, but I just don't have the time.

My hope is that I'll be able to finish the story before Ship Day. It's not really that far away though.
                      Wow, you are right, Ship Day is right around the corner in July! Can't wait, I always love our S/J events!

Comment

Wow, you are right, Ship Day is right around the corner in July! Can't wait, I always love our S/J events!
                        I hope I have time to finish some things for ship day. But my final Master's class ends just a few days before.

Darn real life getting in the way of my important shipping activities!

*stomps foot and pouts*

I need a time loop!

Especially if I could get Jack to do this . . .

Comment

I know what you mean...working to support our hobbies

Can you field a question from the newbie (without laughing)? What is the date for Ship Day? I've read it, but I don't know the date... *looking sheepish*
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I know what you mean...working to support our hobbies

Can you field a question from the newbie (without laughing)? What is the date for Ship Day? I've read it, but I don't know the date... *looking sheepish*
                            Yes, I asked these same questions. So don't feel bad about that.

The Shiptionary (by Josi) answered many of my important shippy questions.

Here's the entry for Ship Day:

The special day every year when Shippers all over the world congregate on Gateworld to pay homage to the special ship that is Sam and Jack. Fics are written, pics are spammed, vids are made, artwork is produced, and there much discussion and rejoicing all round. Ship Day occurs on July 28th every year, the anniversary of the first showing of Divide and Conquer in 2000, which was, of course, the first time that we had confirmation that Sam and Jack cared for each other 'more than they're supposed to'. Other shippy days of celebration are Shipmas, Valenship, Shipsgiving and Eastership. It's a year-round festival of ship!

(I will note that we haven't held an Eastership since I've been around.)

Comment

Must go to bed, but here's a guess the shippy moment before I do . . .

Comment

Regarding names for Sam and Jack's children....

I've always imagined that if they had a daughter, they would name her after Sam's mother, who was likely the most important woman in Sam's life. I also don't see Sam and Jack as being fans of trendy names. I've always thought that if I ever wrote fanfic, I would have Sam's mother named Catherine, and their daughter would be named the same, except that they would shorten it to Cate. I love that name. I associate the name Cate (or Kate) to a woman who is intelligent, strong, and independent, and Sam (and I'm sure her daughter) are all those things. Perhaps they would choose Jack's mother's name as the middle name, or even Janet. So, their daughter could be Catherine Janet O'Neill.

For a son, I think they would want to honour Charlie's memory by having Charles as the middle name. But, I can see the first name as being Jacob. So, it would be Jacob Charles O'Neill. I think they would likely call him Jake, though. I know, Jacob as a name has been done to death in fanfic, but I really like the name Jake... it's very similar to "Jack".

I obviously think about these things too much

Comment

Working...
                                X