No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, majorsal, on 16,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, nell, on 7,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, yessika, on 2,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, Treknik, on 1,600 posts!!!

Congratulations, hlndncr, on 500 posts!!!

Welcome, Lucycat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Inquiring minds want to know if you've just posted that lovely fic, hon!
      yes i did.

i 'tried' last night, but the site wouldn't take my formatting... quite an irritating site... *sighs ticked like*

i'd read a sam death fic (i knew what i was getting into), and it left me with a lot of . the next day, i reread it (i'm mentally ill), and immediately wrote a fic to fix the feeling it gave me.

i love
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i'd hope he would. i'd hope sam would do the same.

if i were in their place, i'd do 'anything' to save a loved one. *sighs*
        *sigh* yes, I confess I have a bit of a secret passion for fics where one of them gets killed and then the other goes to all sorts of lengths to revive them.
        Touching on what Shep said about it being short; if you were of a mind then I suppose you could have expanded hugely on that whole story but, y'know, sometimes less is more, and I do love the way it flowed. Very poetic. (and I will leave proper feedback tomorrow on FF.net when I'm not on the other pc which - usefully - can remember my password for me. )

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        fic was pretty good if not a little on the short side but i have a question say sam was really injured like she wouldnt it make it with out a sarcophagus do you think jack would put down his stars and risik his career to save carter? (dumb question but im asking anyway)

Not dumb and a good thing to discuss, IMO.

Personally, I think it would depend on the situation. If they were out in the field and it was a case of there being a sarcophagus available/around (like Daniel did that time) then, yes, I see no reason why they would not use it. However, Jack has had some pretty awful experiences with the sarcophagus (during Abyss) and therefore he would think twice before using one for himself or his friends. If they bought Sam's body back through the gate after a mission gone wrong then, no, I don't think so. I don't think he'd do what he did in this fic (which is no reflection on how much I enjoy the premise and reading fics involving it, by the way ). I don't even know if it would be possible. Up until now we've only ever seen the sarcophagus used immediately after a death to revive someone. In the original movie, Daniel revives Sha're inside of 7 minutes (that's what Jack set the timer on the bomb and he had time to ring up, revive her and ring down again before it went kaboom). Aside from that, Sam has that living will thing which Jack knows about so he'd hesitate to revive her at all if he thought she might not be restored to full health.
        I also don't think Jack would endanger anyone else's lives (not even Daniel and Teal'c's) just to bring her back.

And anyway, Sam staying dead is more angsty.
        sigpic

Comment

yes i did.

i 'tried' last night, but the site wouldn't take my formatting... quite an irritating site... *sighs ticked like*

i'd read a sam death fic (i knew what i was getting into), and it left me with a lot of . the next day, i reread it (i'm mentally ill), and immediately wrote a fic to fix the feeling it gave me.

i love
          Well...although I can't read death fic unless I know beforehand that the one who died gets revived
          ( ), I say if that's what inspires you...read more of them!

I extended the holiday weekend by taking today as a vacation day...so I've been able to catch up on my shipping today!

+ =

Comment

ot - writing

Spoiler:
            does anyone know of a site or whatever, that helps a person learn how to write? i have a lot of probs with a certain aspect of writing, so i wouldn't mind some help, especially in what i feel is my biggest weakness.

if anyone does know of a learning/teaching aide, please pm me. i'd like to do better.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Well...although I can't read death fic unless I know beforehand that the one who died gets revived
              ( ), I say if that's what inspires you...read more of them!

I extended the holiday weekend by taking today as a vacation day...so I've been able to catch up on my shipping today!

+ =

I'l bear that in mind when I eventually finish this one I'm writing.

ot - writing

Spoiler:
              does anyone know of a site or whatever, that helps a person learn how to write? i have a lot of probs with a certain aspect of writing, so i wouldn't mind some help, especially in what i feel is my biggest weakness.

if anyone does know of a learning/teaching aide, please pm me. i'd like to do better.

Writing OT
              Spoiler:

Sorry, nothing comes to mind but, you know you can always ask someone here to beta work and offer you tips on how to improve certain aspects of it. )
              sigpic

Comment

ot - writing

Spoiler:

Writing OT

Spoiler:
                I actually took a couple of classes on Creative Writing. There's a book we have that I think has some good essays Creating Fiction from the publisher Checkoway (I'm reading off the spine here). Also, it might not hurt to take a look at some of the writers that are out there. I'm trying to think of one we talked about in my fiction classes... egads, she talked about the sh***y first draft - anyone recall her name??? I know it as soon as I saw it...

Barring that finding a really strong beta who will rip into your work is about all you can do. I credit my own writing skills (whatever they maybe) to my first beta who wasn't afraid to tell me my story sucked as well as my creative writing class where we critiqued each other (and learned how to, it was so wonderful to sit in a group of writers like that! I miss it).

My own personal philosophy is to read, read, read and experiment. Editing is probably the single most important part of writing - I'm working on a J/C fic and I'm in the editing stages... I've got a back up file (of what I cut/re-write) of bout 10 pages. The actual fic is currently on 11-12 pages!

Comment

A little BTS pic spam:

Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 06 July 2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I have this book, and I love it. If for no other reason than to read something humorous, it's worth it. And it has good tips and advice on writing, too.

Writing OT:

Spoiler:
                    In Robert’s Rules of Writing, bestselling author Robert Masello stomps out status quo writing advice and delivers 101 irreverent lessons designed to improve your writing skills and bolster your professional success. These include:

Burn Your Journal.
                    Throw Out Your Thesaurus.
                    Skip the Starbucks.
                    Write What You Read.
                    Be a Tease.
                    Take the Prozac.
                    Zip the Lip.

Whether you’re a fiction writer or journalist, essayist or screenwriter, Robert’s Rules of Writing offers the unorthodox advice needed to transform your writing life and get your work published, produced, and praised!

Comment

Sam and Jack...right after the comment about her
                      always being attracted to the "lunatic fringe."

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Comment

A little gutter pic spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                so today i enrolled back into college after being out for 2 years. im glad i got my six back into school. a lot of people are proud of me.
                                *hugs* I'm proud of you!

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                                Wait....! I only meant that her on-going connection to explosions could be seen as representing Sam's desire for release from the constraints put on her by the rigidity of the military hierarchy, and that her tendency to prefer the explosive experience over that of shooting a gun was due to the opportunity such occasions provided for her to let that deeply buried aspect of herself come to the surface.

*blink*

What did you think I meant????
                                Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Frankly, you lost me after "Sam's desire for release..."

Oh dear...

*splashes happily*

I have to admit that I was lost after that part

*splashes around in the gutter*

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                                Hi everyone! I tried to catch up on all the posts here, but I only got to page 23 and then gave up! I have free time, but not that much. LOL. Anyway, this is like my dream thread. I was a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper when I was watching SG-1. Hadn't seen it for a very long time, but suddenly felt this urge to see it, so I put the first season on my Netflix queue and was again obsessed with this ship. All my favorite shipper scenes came back to my mind and then I found this forum. Love you guys. Hopefully I can get out of "Probie" status and personalize my signature!
                                Welcome!! I have skipped a few pages too
                                Hope you get out of "Probie" status fast!

Congratulations, majorsal, on 16,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, nell, on 7,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, yessika, on 2,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, Treknik, on 1,600 posts!!!

Congratulations, hlndncr, on 500 posts!!!

Welcome, Lucycat!!!
                                Thanks Melissa!! *huggles*

*stares at the picspam*
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X