No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teletubbies fanfiction?? That is so wrong on many levels!

I stay away from all kids shows except Phineas and Ferb and Penguins of Madagascar (whenever I catch it on); and nop, I have no excuse for watching these shows

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    don't worry about the answer. rick doesn't seem to realize sam and jack aren't in the same chain of command anymore. i love the guy, but he can be *so* clueless sometimes!

really, don't worry about it.
    Yep, that makes me feel better

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    Awwww....the Oscars just did the tribute to those Hollywood lost over the past year...and Dom DeLuise was featured twice...both as one of the people in the list...and again at the end.

* sniffle *

* That's weird. I only typed DeLuise once above...but it's showing up twice. I even tried to edit the post...and it still shows up twice.
    The Oscars are today?? (I stopped watching awards two years ago)

I watched Ripple Effect yesterday and I love that episode because Janet and Martouf are there, I can convince myself that Sam is married to Jack in a few of the AUs, and I can actually accept that almost kiss with Martouf by considering it a moment of weakness
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Carter, what is that?

I think it's some sort of transport system, sir.

Well, whatever it transports smells like...
      That's it, sir!

What?
      This is where they put Clifford's poo!

Comment

Best wishes girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
          And let me just say that I don't want those Teletubbies to reproduce!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...-607SJLook.jpg

Carter, how do Teletubbies reproduce?

Sir...we're in a briefing. Try to concentrate.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Which brings me to this...do you all (those who write) read your own fanfic? For fun, I mean. Just wondering.
            Aftershocks I'll occasionally read through to simply ensure I'm keeping up with all the threads so it has good continuity and to prepare for the next season. I'm hoping to finish S6 before Easter and over Easter I plan to read all 6 seasons through (which has the added advantage that I can usually edit any other typos, etc that I suddenly spot) before I start planning and writing season 7.

I do read my own back catalogue occasionally if I'm in the mood. Some more than others (I have my own favourites). But then like Jenn, I've kind of written stories I wanted to read myself anyway. That other people like them enough to read my stories, and sometimes review them, is still something I just kind of flail with happy glee about.
            sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

So.... I've got 5 posts after this before a Major Milestone and, to celebrate, I thought I'd post my 10 favorite episodes (though not just Sam/Jack episodes).

First, though, a list of honorable mentions and the Sam/Jack scenes which make them great:

Spoiler:
              Children of the Gods for the immediate ST and the pushing through the gate.

Solitudes and ... well... all of it. But especially the snuggling

100 Days for Sam's finally getting a clue and the Angst.

Nemesis and Small Victories for the fishing invites.

Out of Mind and Into the Fire for the UST.

Beneath the Surface for the cuteness (yes... I admit it)

Grace for being so close and yet so far.

Death Knell for the desperation and the final hug.

Moebius and Continuum and the Shroud for the (resolved) ST:

Seth, Secrets, and Serpant's Venom for Enemies for general Jacob awesomeness:

And I'm going to stop there or I never will

Comment

Jenn's Favorite Episodes (if you care)

#10:
                Spoiler:
                Line in the Sand

It’s not just that her password’s fishing, or that she exclaims ‘do’h’. This episode is a wonderful blend of team moments and individual moments which captures what makes SG-1 great.

And her password's fishing. And she exclaims 'do'h'.

I've also written a tag for Line in the Sand, Believing.

#9:
                Spoiler:
                Evolution

Again, it's a wonderful team episode we're everyone gets something cool to do (even Reynolds and Lee). Plus we get that beautiful scene between Sam and Jack early on and the flirting at the end in the gateroom.

And, yes, I've tagged it to as part of my Being There: Inertia

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  And I'm going to stop there or I never will

Oh, but why?? Please continue!! You haven't gotten to the best part yet

Last edited by kusanagi; 08 March 2010, 04:51 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Redemption

Again (are you noting a pattern?), a wonderful team episode IMHO where everyone gets something to do. Plus I adore the fact Jack jumps up and volunteers to fly the mission with Sam after stating earlier he wouldn't go up in it ever. And her evident concern at the end for Jack and Hammond comes over to comfort her.

And, yes, I've tagged it too as part of Being There: Purgatory.

Spoiler:
                    Window of Opportunity

Do I have to say? Just about everything, but mostly the brilliant mix of comedy with a surprising twist of angst at the end. And how cute does Sam look in that hat?

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

#9:
                      Spoiler:
                      Evolution

Again, it's a wonderful team episode we're everyone gets something cool to do (even Reynolds and Lee). Plus we get that beautiful scene between Sam and Jack early on and the flirting at the end in the gateroom.
                      Spoiler:
                      The scene in the gateroom is one of my favorite too. Whenever I re-watching Revolution I kind of don't pay attention until that scene Great list Jenn!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Singularity

Not necessarily for ship, because I think Jack's concern for Sam here is as a team member and 'starting to be' friend, though I do believe the respect and admiration we see between them in this episode is part of the foundation for their love. I just adore Sam in this episode, and how this is the first real and so natural time we (IMHO) really get a feel for how she's denying parts of who she is for her role as 'officer' and get a real glimpse of that inner conflict.

Plus it's just an awesome episode for everyone And if you don't at least tear up at the end you're not paying attention.

Spoiler:
                        Lost City

Do I have to say why? Like most of them on my list so far, wonderful team episode. This one also has some brilliant moments between Sam and Jack, notably at his house and later as he gets frozen:

Though I have to admit by the end of it it's as much about this as 'the ship':

Sort of tagged this one to in Fear: of Loss.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          In the Line of Duty

For me, this is the first time it becomes absolutely clear to me Jack, whether he realizes it or not (though I tend to think he realizes it's happening though not the full implications), is starting to 'feel more than he's supposed to' for Sam. I adore the scene in the gateroom when he first confronts her and takes her down physically, and then the later scene in the brig where he confronts her mentally and emotionally. Plus we get his concern when he finds her nearly dead...

But my absolute favorite is his sitting alone in the semi-dark trying to work up the courage to confront Jolinar before Teal'c walks in. For me, that is such a definitive moment for where Jack is and has been up to that time.... Alone in the dark brooding.

Oh. Tagged it to as part of Being There: Duty.

Spoiler:
                          Entity

For angst you can cut with a knife. When 'Sam'/the Entity looks at Jack and says, "This one is special" (which is a paraphrase I think) my heart breaks.

Tagged it too in Being There: Euthanasia

And then his look when he has to shoot her. Then won't touch her at the end.

Yeah. *angsty sigh*

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Divide and Conquer

Do I have to say why?

Seriously?

There's this, of course:

Though I have to admit my favorite moment might actually be while Jack is admitting to caring more than he's supposed to, and he almost falters, and Sam says, "Sir" and he looks at her, and it's only by looking at her that he continues. And her expression when he says that, for just one moment, is that of any woman being told she's loved.

I love that

And...

#1. Do I even have to say?
                            Spoiler:
                            Threads

There's this: and this:

And the scenes on Jack's deck, followed by the scenes with Jacob. And, of course, all leading up to this:

Which is, of course, followed by this:

Ultimately leading to this:

And, yes. I've tagged it. A lot. Being There: Disentangle, all of Fear, and my season 8-9 Bridge.

Comment

*claps* It was lovely to read those favorite episodes Jenn Squee! and oh my, you've written a lot! buuuuut I do miss 3 tags, D&C, WoO and from Singularity *hint hint*

*sigh* This makes me realize I must see an S/J episode soon again!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                My kids make references to SG at school! And my son drew a cartoon today that had an IRS agent being fed upon by the Wraith. Sick, I know, but he's 11. But SG is very recognizable to our kids.
                                Yes, it is very recognizable. I said this in another thread, but when I was reading Aladdin to my daughter (who is five) she asked me why the bad guy in the story shoots at Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. I didn't understand her at first, but then I realized she was talking about Jafar. She thought the Jaffa were called Jafar. I thought that it was funny.

To stay on topic - Jack loves Sam and Sam loves Jack
                                sigpic
                                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Working...
                                X