Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    You're right that age and maturity play a factor in it (which is why I'm asking, what sorts of problems would they have? - I could just run off and write a fic about how Sam never comes home for dinner on time or how Jack never calls, but that's, again, OOC). As for why make it about Sam/Jack - well, what's wrong with wanting to explore the characters in a private setting? I think that's a little too picky to go all the way to saying that there's no point in writing a fic about general marriage issues unless I'm going to send them through the Stargate or have Ba'al planning to blow them up. I mean, it's your opinion obviously, so you don't have to read it :: shrugs ::

And you talk about so many problems with them now - like what? *That's* what I'm trying to figure out. I want an angsty marriage fic. To watch them struggle with something as a married couple. Do I write about her taking command of Atlantis? Jack would never stand in the way of her career and he's the one signing off on orders, so doesn't it seem a little crazy for him to then get upset with her at home? Plus they seemed okay getting together post Threads. I'm just saying... I'm trying to flesh this out.
    i think it would be fascinating to see sam and jack having to deal with normal couple problems, like normal ppl do.

* would jack have a prob giving up 'commanding' sam? it's something he's used to.

* would sam have a prob succumbing to jack's influence? she's been his subordinate for years.

* would sam have a prob living as part of a couple (vrs being an independent person)? i'm not counting her relationship with pete, b/c pete wasn't 'living' with her and that still gave her some of her usual freedom i think.

* would jack be over protective of sam now?

* would sam crave some of her privacy and/or independence?

* would jack be bothered by their age differences now? would sam?

* would they want to have children?

just some ideas.

*hugs*
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      I can see them having a few problems...maybe the whole *talking* thing, you need communication in marriage and we know how Jack doesn't like to "talk" so I can see them having those sorts of problems. Lack of communication on his part...she doesn't press the issue...so they ignore it, time goes by until they finally *can't* ignore it...on the bright side, you know that somehow they'd make up (Make up sex! Oh...now I see why you want to write it...) because they've waited 8 years...they've been through worse things and they'll make it out of whatever problem they're having too.
      that's some very interesting ideas!

and we've seen for a fact that neither one likes to bring up stuff, related to their feelings and relationship. what if that mindset continues into their relationship?... might be a bit of a prob to stop that habit.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Oh poor you. That must have been torture *pats* Yes they aren't particularly fluffy Not like cute little kitties

That's one way to get rid of them

hmm, marriage problems? Jack might not like Sam getting engine oil from her motorbike all over the kitchen

Comment

OT vid posting clarification:
          Spoiler:
          I just wanted to clarify that I use uploaded episodes in YT (that is what I call clips), and they are hard to find so I usually avoid it and just borrow my friends dvds

*feels like such a good shipper for actually posting in the discussion thread* I was a little scared since I'm not that articulate

*open Hulu and puts D&C*
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            Humorous but mentions "feminine products"
            Spoiler:

Well I thought maybe I'd have Jack go to the grocery store and by the wrong kind of tampon, only to come home and find Sam hysterical because well, it's that time of the month, then she packs her bags and runs off to a cheesy motel while Jack gets drunk with whiskey. Then he trips and falls and starts bleeding out his nose and the only thing he has are tampons and when Sam comes home the next day (after having taken some Midol and eaten some chocolate) she finds him sprawled out on the couch with a tampon shoved up his nose.

But in retrospect I think my second idea about Jonas is better
            I have to agree.

Commenting on the spoilers. . .

Spoiler:
            I'm not sure I could buy Sam running off to a motel because Jack came home (remember he was married for a long time. He'd know about these things) with the wrong tampon.

Annerb does some of the best 'domestic' stories I've ever read that take place between the episodes of season 9 and 10. Communication is a big theme and one you may want to touch on in your story.

It's a very believable theme because they're not used to being able to communicate the intimate (not necessarily bedroom related) things with one another.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

*iz nervous for her exams thus posts this to relax*

*runs out because she is otherwise late*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                *iz nervous for her exams thus posts this to relax*

*runs out because she is otherwise late*
                Here's some more good mojo for your nervousness

First and last gif made by Bev, and I'm not sure who made the other two, but it wasn't me
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I'm not sure if it's been noted, but I just learned it's penguin awareness day! Craig Ferguson just said so!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yesterday someone posted this ff: http://squeelated.livejournal.com/1887.html
                    It's funny! Do you have the link of the Sam's perspective ff too?
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Ooohhh kissy kiss!!! Thanks DM but I'm sure I didn't do that well...the exam was SO vague! We even filled in a complaint Nobody understood one question and so many grammar errors that a highschool student could have written it better

anyway

Kissies! Weeee I love to see S/J kissing...so guttery!
                      Last edited by starlover; 21 January 2010, 12:13 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        Ooohhh kissy kiss!!! Thanks DM but I'm sure I didn't do that well...the exam was SO vague! We even filled in a complaint Nobody understood one question and so many grammar errors that a highschool student could write it better

anyway

Kissies! Weeee I love to see S/J kissing...so guttery!
                        Don't we all
                        *waves* Yay my first post, Hi all

Comment

Marital problems/angst...

I'm personally not a fan of stories that are set when Sam and Jack are married and their marriage is put under threat in some ansgty way. Mainly I think because they've been through so much to be a couple, I'm kind of like "for crying out loud, just let them have their happy ending already!"

Which probably explains why the fic where I have them having marital problems is still a WIP on my hard drive.

Having said that, I think it's certainly a valid topic to explore. Most couples do face some angst and many have already offered the major issues. For me, most of the 'usual' major issues wouldn't work with Sam and Jack, because I can't see them having worked so hard to come together, allowing those things to push them apart even temporarily.

I think exploring issues with Jonas coming back to haunt Sam in her relationship with Jack is a good way to go - and original.
                          sigpic
                          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Torzy86 View Post
                            Don't we all
                            *waves* Yay my first post, Hi all
                            Welcome! You get a pressie!!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              I have to agree.

Commenting on the spoilers. . .

Spoiler:
                              I'm not sure I could buy Sam running off to a motel because Jack came home (remember he was married for a long time. He'd know about these things) with the wrong tampon.

Annerb does some of the best 'domestic' stories I've ever read that take place between the episodes of season 9 and 10. Communication is a big theme and one you may want to touch on in your story.

It's a very believable theme because they're not used to being able to communicate the intimate (not necessarily bedroom related) things with one another.
                              Well I was clearly being tongue in cheek LOL - I also don't think Jack would drown himself in whiskey over it either

I've always wanted to explore Sam's relationship with Jonas - especially since I feel it does continue to influence her taste in men. There's a side to her where she's a people pleaser - part of me wonders if she didn't accept the proposal with Pete or argue with him about the house, or any of that because she didn't want to rock the boat. (I'm not saying that's the entire reason, just one side of it)

Comment

So, reading all these posts about Sam/Jack having or not having marital problems, and seeing the HUGE VAST quantity of fiction out there about these people, one has to ask:

We all appreciate this couple--this is why we're on this thread. What is it about them? Beyond the obvious Grace kiss (Yum, by the way) and the tension between them.

I'll give my opinion--I want them to be happy--I care about them because they have been so strong under so much pain in their lives that I feel that they deserve to find some peace.

Oh yeah, and they've saved Earth like, what, 9 times?

I'm just wondering what other people will say.

Essentially, they are characters on a TV show (GASP!). Why do we care so much?
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X