and , sitting in a tree.

jack: sam?

sam: yeah?

jack: tree?

sam: what?

jack: a tree?

sam: a tree what?

jack: for you-know-what.

sam: that would be hard, excuse the pun.

jack:

sam: concentrate, jack.

jack: what are we talking about again?

sam: you, me, tree, pain.

jack: oh yeah! so?

sam: ......

jack: you said you wanted to try new things, sam.

sam: new and pain free.

jack: chicken...

sam: okay! but the next time, it's my choice.

jack: and that would be?

sam: you, me, my motorcycle.

jack: while riding?...

sam: oh, we'll be riding alright, but the motorcycle won't.

jack:
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      I did that, too. Sam gives Jack her father's vintage Winchester in "Taken".

An AR-15 is the civilian form of a military weapon called an M-16. And it's not a "gun", like I said--it's a rifle. D'oh! on my part!

And I can totally see them giving each other weaponry. Or the reverse--something TOTALLY non-weapon like. . .
      Well, if Sam and Jack ever get a respectable amount of downtime...together, at the same time, on the same planet, continent, time zone, and side by side (whew)...Sam might take Jack to Mauna Kea. Mauna Kea is a dormant volcano on the island of Hawaii aka the Big Island.

"With its high altitude (approximately 14,000 feet), dry environment, and stable airflow, Mauna Kea's summit is one of the best sites in the world for astronomical observation. Since the creation of an access road in 1964, thirteen telescopes funded by eleven countries have been constructed at the summit, conducting many research projects, the largest facility of its class in the world." excerpt from Wikipedia.

I think Jack would be thrilled and it's a romantic island retreat!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
        Well, if Sam and Jack ever get a respectable amount of downtime...together, at the same time, on the same planet, continent, time zone, and side by side (whew)...Sam might take Jack to Mauna Kea. Mauna Kea is a dormant volcano on the island of Hawaii aka the Big Island.

"With its high altitude (approximately 14,000 feet), dry environment, and stable airflow, Mauna Kea's summit is one of the best sites in the world for astronomical observation. Since the creation of an access road in 1964, thirteen telescopes funded by eleven countries have been constructed at the summit, conducting many research projects, the largest facility of its class in the world." excerpt from Wikipedia.

I think Jack would be thrilled and it's a romantic island retreat!
        I've been there (I grew up on the North Shore of O'ahu--I'm a kamaaina, meaning I was adopted by the land) and it's GORGEOUS! Of course, I'm more partial to Haleakala on Maui. (House of the Rising Sun, since I seem to be in "glossary" mode lately due to my latest Hawaii fic). Haleakala is stunning--and sunrises over the crater are Oh-so-romantic, and OH!-so cold! Perfect for snuggling.

But I think they'd go to Kauai. There's a sweet little hotel there with a beautiful little bay perfect for snorkeling. And it's much more private than the other islands. Yes--I can see them enjoying their time there in my old stomping grounds.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I did that, too. Sam gives Jack her father's vintage Winchester in "Taken".

An AR-15 is the civilian form of a military weapon called an M-16. And it's not a "gun", like I said--it's a rifle. D'oh! on my part!

And I can totally see them giving each other weaponry. Or the reverse--something TOTALLY non-weapon like. . .
          Like Jack giving Sam his gun? Oh, we're talking about REAL guns as opposed to squee!guns...

:: shifty eyes ::

That's right, I jumped into the thread after weeks of silence only to contribute something guttery.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            jack: sam?

sam: yeah?

jack: tree?

sam: what?

jack: a tree?

sam: a tree what?

jack: for you-know-what.

sam: that would be hard, excuse the pun.

jack:

sam: concentrate, jack.

jack: what are we talking about again?

sam: you, me, tree, pain.

jack: oh yeah! so?

sam: ......

jack: you said you wanted to try new things, sam.

sam: new and pain free.

jack: chicken...

sam: okay! but the next time, it's my choice.

jack: and that would be?

sam: you, me, my motorcycle.

jack: while riding?...

sam: oh, we'll be riding alright, but the motorcycle won't.

jack:
            *giggles* Great stuff Sally

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            Like Jack giving Sam his gun? Oh, we're talking about REAL guns as opposed to squee!guns...

That's right, I jumped into the thread after weeks of silence only to contribute something guttery.

Guttery contributions are the best kind of contributions
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Okay--how's this?

Passing Game--spoilered for length

<snip>
              I enjoyed this, thanks! I have to confess, though, that I know very little about American football, although my husband is a big Patriots fan. One of these days, I'll have to ask him about the rules of the game, etc.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

Did you say sqee!guns?
              LOL! I've never heard that one before, but it made me laugh.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I liked your little drabble, too, Sally

Comment

Because of fanfic, I've always subscribed to the idea that Sam moved a lot as a child. However, one of RepliCarter's lines in "Gemini" made me stop and thing. She says, "I've never even set foot on Earth, but I have this image of lying under the willow tree in our back yard."

Now, this doesn't really have to mean anything, but I've moved three times in the last couple years, and my brothers and I always refer to each house as "the old house" or "the second house" or "the blue house". The line doesn't have any clarification, so to me it sounds like one singular backyard of the one house Sam grew up in. Of course it doesn't have to be, but that's just the way I look at it.

Now, onto football! Never says anything about Sam being a fan, but lookie here!

There's a Denver Broncos pennant (on the left side of the photo) hanging in her basement, so I suppose there's good reason to say that it's very possible Sam grew up in Colorado. (Of course, it is hanging in her dark dismal basement, and we've also learned to never trust the prop's people, but hey, it's still there. )
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  "Crapnabbit". Never heard that word before. I like it.
                  Wow. I am *so* going to have to find a way to use this in my vocabulary!

Edit: Oh, and just so you know. I did not spend my free time studying what was on Sam's basement walls. That task is reserved for people even more obsessive that me. However, I do enjoy the fruits of said obsessive person's behavior with fantastic websites such as this: Arduinna's Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Handbook. Here is everything about SG-1 and Atlantis that you need to know for fanfics and whatnot.

For example, need to know what Sam's house is like:
                  Single-level house, across from a small park. No driveway. Wood floors, no carpeting. Stainless steel fridge and stove, nice kitchen. Living room with a stone fireplace, complete with wooden mantle covered in books and pictures. Fairly large tv, at least 31' . Bookcases all over the place. Three computers with flat-screen monitors: one in the living room, two in the study. Large finished basement, including a workroom with a lot of tools, Denver Broncos pennants on the walls, an Air Force symbol on the wall, and a baby stargate unless the SGC or NID grabbed it. Walls and many surfaces have family pictures. (Ascension) Has a corded phone next to her bed. (Nightwalkers)

The house is #1025 -- street name is unknown. (Chimera)
                  As a (small time) fanfic author, I really like it, because it's really easy to know what's canon, what's not, and all of the little details you may need. However, it's only updated through April 12, 2006 (through SG-1's "The Ties That Bind" and SGA's "Duet"), but is very detailed up to those points.
                  sigpic
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Um, okay, *triple* post, but. . .

*bump*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      Wow. I am *so* going to have to find a way to use this in my vocabulary!

Edit: Oh, and just so you know. I did not spend my free time studying what was on Sam's basement walls. That task is reserved for people even more obsessive that me. However, I do enjoy the fruits of said obsessive person's behavior with fantastic websites such as this: Arduinna's Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Handbook. Here is everything about SG-1 and Atlantis that you need to know for fanfics and whatnot.

For example, need to know what Sam's house is like:

As a (small time) fanfic author, I really like it, because it's really easy to know what's canon, what's not, and all of the little details you may need. However, it's only updated through April 12, 2006 (through SG-1's "The Ties That Bind" and SGA's "Duet"), but is very detailed up to those points.
                      Thanks for the link!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*bops in*

Quick question.

"Abyss". CPR.

Am I missing something?!?!?! Help me out here, the fic bunnies are glaring at me ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          *bops in*

Quick question.

"Abyss". CPR.

Am I missing something?!?!?! Help me out here, the fic bunnies are glaring at me ...
                          I don't get the question, so I must be missing something, too.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

I don't get the question, so I must be missing something, too.
                            Okay, coffee just kicked in! Let's try this again.

I've heard mention of a CPR scene in S6 "Abyss", but I can't find any mention of it on the episode guide. Anybody have any idea? Or is it in a nearby eppy?

Comment

They do CPR in the companion episode, "Frozen", don't they? But I don't recall anything of it in Abyss.

However, having said that. . .Should Richard Dean Anderson ever need CPR--I would be happy to offer to give it to him.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Okay, coffee just kicked in! Let's try this again.

I've heard mention of a CPR scene in S6 "Abyss", but I can't find any mention of it on the episode guide. Anybody have any idea? Or is it in a nearby eppy?
                                They do CPR in the companion episode, "Frozen", don't they? But I don't recall anything of it in Abyss.

However, having said that. . .Should Richard Dean Anderson ever need CPR--I would be happy to offer to give it to him.
                                I don't recall CPR being done in either Abyss or Frozen, though they did use those oxygen mask thingys on Jack in Frozen. Also in Frozen, we were shown Ayiana doing her healing thingy on one of the men scientists and the lady scientist, and it was implied for the rest of the group. CPR has been done a few times in other episodes, usually by Janet, who has actually climbed up on the gurney to administer it to Sam a couple of times as Sam is whisked down the corridor to the infirmary. About the only other time I remember an attempt at CPR being done was in Prometheus Unbound when Reynolds almost had to do it with General Hammond. Though now I'm thinking about it, there may have been one or two other episodes where chest compressions were being done on an injured person.

And as to RDA ever needing CPR, I'm pretty sure there'd be a very long line ahead of you, Sharon.

Comment

Working...
                                X