Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Here's your prize:

They are reporting to Hammond and Janet. Look at the way Jack is totally leaning against her, and he asks her permission before cutting the transmission. Can you say whipped?

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_089-2.jpg
    "The Cure"?

Hmmm ... my glasses must be tilted somewhat, because I thought they looked like they were leaning against each other.
    Last edited by hedwig; 19 September 2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      "The Cure"?

Hmmm ... my glasses must be tilted somewhat, because I thought they looked like they were leaning against each other.

Comment

So I gotta ask cause I was watching football today and I gotta ask who do u think o'neill roots for: the chicago bears or the Minnesota Vikings?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          So I gotta ask cause I was watching football today and I gotta ask who do u think o'neill roots for: the chicago bears or the Minnesota Vikings?
          Well we know he likes the Cubs. So maybe he splits the difference and goes with the Vikings for football. Although hockey is really more his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            Vikings. (But mostly because I don't like the Bears.)

But what about the Broncos? Or now that he's in D.C, maybe the Giants, or the Patriots, or the Redskins?

OOh--now you've got me thinking. . .ficlet ficlet ficlet. . .
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Perfect.

Edit: More than one hour later...guess I killed the thread with a question.

I was at a screening and just got back FYI. Legend of the Guardians is really quite good.

Originally Posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              I would like to state for the record that i am not a gay basher. My first job I had a manager who was homosexual and I didn't say anything cause that was his choice. I was just stating an opinion about the authors story. I didn't mean for it to cause a big out roar and for that I am sorry.
              Stepping on soapbox. Pol, you push me off, just remember, I know where you live.... LOL!

Spoiler:
              Tolerance would make the world a much better place and regardless of one's belief system it is not our job to judge anyone.

I don't personally think Cassie is gay and was surprised to see it mentioned in that fic. But I could think of all kinds of ways to incorporate it into a story right down to her nervousness (or not?) of telling her surrogate parents (Sam and Jack) and the rest of her friends. What kind of society did she come from? Is Earth more tolerant of alternate lifestyles? Would it be easier for her here or harder?

We seriously need something new that's Sam and Jack related to talk about
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                RE: AU Sam and Jack's kiss thereof (or would that be "whomof"?)

I think Jack had already shown in the ep (by being willing to listen if Sam (our Sam) wanted to talk about the "twin thing") that he was deeply effected by the AU, and the idea that somewhere, he and Sam had a relationship.

So, when faced with someone who both was and was not *his* Sam, and who was so obviously in pain, he needed to offer comfort.

Imagine how he must hurt seeing any version of Sam Carter in pain.

Hmmm....did I miss a Campfire opportunity?

You SO missed a Campfire opportunity. You've still got the rest of the day. Snap to it! Everything else can wait....

I totally see Jack's reaction the same way.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  Stepping on soapbox. Pol, you push me off, just remember, I know where you live.... LOL!

[SPOILERS]I don't personally think Cassie is gay and was surprised to see it mentioned in that fic. But I could think of all kinds of ways to incorporate it into a story right down to her nervousness (or not?) of telling her surrogate parents (Sam and Jack) and the rest of her friends. What kind of society did she come from? Is Earth more tolerant of alternate lifestyles? Would it be easier for her here or harder?
                  Thank you. I appreciate it.

My point in having that in the story was to be one example of the big, motley, wonderful and strange family that Jack and Sam have built. They may not have kids or a conventional marriage or a conventional relationship, but they have people who love them and who they love. For Cassie to feel comfortable enough to bring her girlfriend to a big Air Force reception for her surrogate father is a huge thing, and tells something really important about Jack, and about Jack and Sam as a couple. Cassie certainly wouldn't have brought her if she didn't have Sam behind her, and that says something very important about who Sam is. Sam doesn't need to have a baby to be a loving and supportive mother -- she already is one!

Their wedding is not beginning something, but putting the seal on something that's already existed for a long time -- on their family and the circle of love that surrounds them, which is evident more than ever at this happy moment!
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    We seriously need something new that's Sam and Jack related to talk about

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                    Their wedding is not beginning something, but putting the seal on something that's already existed for a long time -- on their family and the circle of love that surrounds them, which is evident more than ever at this happy moment!

Well that's certainly somthing new to talk about... Sam and Jack and their extended family...

... no, wait!

Yeah, done that.

EDIT: (because I have butterfingers), I love the whole concept of an unconventional extended family, which is kind of what SG-1 is in a way anyway.
                    And, just because it's worth mentioning, I had a random fic idea the other night (my RFIs very rarely translate into actual written stuff since, I just don't have the time) and that was, oddly enough, set when Sam was at Area 51 and turns out Cassie's "problems" (as mentioned in EDM) were around her exploration of her sexuality (and Jack came to stay and, uh, yeah, can't tell you how that went in my head because there's a PG rating on the forum ).

We haven't had any Angst/Gutter/Fluff wars for a while? Maybe we could break out the tin hats and go for that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      Well we know he likes the Cubs. So maybe he splits the difference and goes with the Vikings for football. Although hockey is really more his game.
                      But we do know he likes football because of what he said on the tape in Mobieus. I don't remember it exactly but it was something like, "Football is played on Saturday, College on Sunday... and there's no fish in my pond."

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Vikings. (But mostly because I don't like the Bears.)

But what about the Broncos? Or now that he's in D.C, maybe the Giants, or the Patriots, or the Redskins?

OOh--now you've got me thinking. . .ficlet ficlet ficlet. . .
                        Most die-hard fans don't change their allegiance when they move. There are several Steeler fans in my office who don't like the Ravens (I'm in Baltimore) so I'll go with Jack will stay with the Vikings. But I don't recall him ever mentioning which football team he supports, and he does like the Cubs over Twins in baseball... so maybe it is Bears. Since there is no evidence in canon, a ficlet would be nice!!

Comment

SGA---

I just think they made the AU SGC be SGA to show us how different they were from us! Though now-a-days it could stand for Stargate Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                            Most die-hard fans don't change their allegiance when they move. There are several Steeler fans in my office who don't like the Ravens (I'm in Baltimore) so I'll go with Jack will stay with the Vikings. But I don't recall him ever mentioning which football team he supports, and he does like the Cubs over Twins in baseball... so maybe it is Bears. Since there is no evidence in canon, a ficlet would be nice!!
                            I have to say that a lot of people in my state are transplants from other places--a lot from Chicago--and it seems that the loyalties are interestingly spread. A lot will continue rooting for their "hometown" team, and then watch the local team with interest unless they are playing the hometown team, when they will root for whichever one has the best chances of making the playoffs. That's just what I see. So who knows? I agree that hockey is really his sport of choice, but I'll bet he also watches football (The American kind. No offense, but I don't see him getting into soccer at all.). And Moebius shows that it is canon that he likes football.

Although my drabble is a little. . .different. . .
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

And, just because it's worth mentioning, I had a random fic idea the other night (my RFIs very rarely translate into actual written stuff since, I just don't have the time) and that was, oddly enough, set when Sam was at Area 51 and turns out Cassie's "problems" (as mentioned in EDM) were around her exploration of her sexuality (and Jack came to stay and, uh, yeah, can't tell you how that went in my head because there's a PG rating on the forum ).

We haven't had any Angst/Gutter/Fluff wars for a while? Maybe we could break out the tin hats and go for that.

So - what kinds of bribes are you accepting to write, finish and post that fic?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Well that's certainly somthing new to talk about... Sam and Jack and their extended family...

I love the whole concept of an unconventional extended family, which is kind of what SG-1 is in a way anyway.
                                I'd really love to see that fic!

SG-1 really is an unconventional extended family. They've been through so much together. Daniel is very much Sam's brother, I think. That's the vibe I get from them.

Someone (not on this community) was saying that she didn't like Sam because her life was so emotionally sterile, and I thought, "She has so much love in her life!" It's not just Jack, who she clearly adores and I think she's been in an established relationship with since Threads, but everyone else too. Sam and Teal'c are obviously very close, and Cassie is very much her daughter, especially after Cassie loses Janet and is orphaned again. I don't see Sam as lonely or her life being emotionally empty at all! And everything we see of Sam and Jack in season nine and ten and in Continuum seems to me to suggest that they are affectionate, close, and happy.
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X