Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday hedwig!!!
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Regarding the CotG recut - I've not seen the whole thing, but did check out the main changes online. I won't rehash what everyone else has said, but I do prefer the original, no matter how awful or cringe worthy Sam's lines are - it is what it is. I kinda see them going back to fix it as one of the time travelling episodes - you change a few keys lines and you affectively change the timeline....

One thing that did bug me was one of the Jaffa bodies in the morgue was changed to a woman. We didn't 'discover' female jaffa warriors until years later. To have one random one in the first epsiode and then 'discover' them later just doesn't make sense. Plus it doesn't fit with the reason why they would kidnap the female officer.

Anyhoo, on another slightly OT note, I just filled in an application form online for something, and it asks for your favourite hobby. Instead of one of the many real hobbies I have, the first thing that popped into my head was fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
        Regarding the CotG recut - I've not seen the whole thing, but did check out the main changes online. I won't rehash what everyone else has said, but I do prefer the original, no matter how awful or cringe worthy Sam's lines are - it is what it is. I kinda see them going back to fix it as one of the time travelling episodes - you change a few keys lines and you affectively change the timeline....

One thing that did bug me was one of the Jaffa bodies in the morgue was changed to a woman. We didn't 'discover' female jaffa warriors until years later. To have one random one in the first epsiode and then 'discover' them later just doesn't make sense. Plus it doesn't fit with the reason why they would kidnap the female officer.

Anyhoo, on another slightly OT note, I just filled in an application form online for something, and it asks for your favourite hobby. Instead of one of the many real hobbies I have, the first thing that popped into my head was fishing!
        And really, who doesn't like fishing?
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Pretty, pretty.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Happy Birthday from the n00b Hedwig.

Re: COTG recut-- I haven't seen it. I'm perfectly happy with the original. I think this might make me a bad fangirl.

I'm watching Show and Tell right now in my personal rewatch-- OT
            Spoiler:
            that little kid is amazing.

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
            I laughed heartily at that one - would so love to visit BC, after all it'll be like visiting a whole new universe!!
            It's amazing how much of the Sci Fi universe looks like, BC, lol.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

Re: COTG recut-- I haven't seen it. I'm perfectly happy with the original. I think this might make me a bad fangirl.

Spoiler:
              It doesn't make you a bad fangirl, I'm also happy with the original. In fact, I knew I was not going to like the COTG recut but I bought it anyways because of the commentaries

It's amazing how much of the Sci Fi universe looks like, BC, lol.

I think I should go visit BC and see how many places I can recognize
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                1. It doesn't make you a bad fangirl, I'm also happy with the original. In fact, I knew I was not going to like the COTG recut but I bought it anyways because of the commentaries

2. I think I should go visit BC and see how many places I can recognize
                1. I would love to listen to the commentaries, but not enough to buy an episode I already have. Maybe I'll get it from netflix.

2. I was there for a conference in July and spent several days after fangirling around the city on top of all my hiking and biking.

oooh... 1969 just started playing...
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

New annerb fic. Yummy. Can't link directly to it because of its content. So - below is the link to her journal.

http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    The little kid is an important character in X-Files too
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hey Shippers!

Gosh it's been so long since I posted but I still lurk around fairly regularly.

Still love you guys and the Ship

Happy Birthday hedwig!!!
                      Yes Happy Happy Birthday Hedwig. I hope this one is exceptional

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      Pretty, pretty.
                      youtube;nexvlG5D55w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nexvlG5D55w&playnext=1&videos=u-H0-SxaKAQ
                      Thanks for posting this SamJackShipper93 I've seen it before but it's just soooo beautifully done that I smile throughout the entire vid.

Feeling a bit nostalgic posting today. Seeing a lot of new people on, which is great.

Long live the Sam&Jack Ship!!!!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes! I remember playing spot the XF character back when the show had finished and all the actors were getting more work. It's odd how now, I see Mitch Pileggi more as Caldwell than Skinner, and its really not that significant a part

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          And really, who doesn't like fishing?
                          Well, Sam didn't. Until, you know, she went fishing with Jack.

Cause while it's certainly not about The Fish, it's not really even about the Fish*ing*. It's actually about who you go fishing with.

And yes, you can end a sentence with a preposition. The idea that you can't is a grammatical myth.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            LOL. OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            I haven't watched TXF since it went off the air. It's one of those shows that I should rewatch.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think I should go visit BC and see how many places I can recognize
                              On RDA's website there's a list of various places around Vancouver that were used in various episodes and links to a map showing where they are located, and I Finally found Jack's cabin on Google earth!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                On RDA's website there's a list of various places around Vancouver that were used in various episodes and links to a map showing where they are located, and I Finally found Jack's cabin on Google earth!
                                You did!???! I drove to the spot noted on his map and it's a TOTALLY commercial street. I couldn't find it anywhere! I was such a disappointed stalker fangirl.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X