Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    You might try starting with the links on the bottoms of many sigs that you find right here. A good many of the people on this thread write high quality Jack/Sam fanfic.
    This appears to be a more manageable solution!

Come now. You just KNOW that Jack's the kind of guy who
    Spoiler:
    Toots
    in bed.

Now THERE's some realism for you!

Okay, okay... you're proabably right.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Who are we all kidding? It happens to the best of us. I can just see them as real people--I LIKE to see them as real people. I guess that's why I try to write them as "real" as possible--ordinary things happening to extraordinary people instead of the other way around.

But seriously. We've all talked about the confirmation scene--what could possibly confirm that they are in a stable, committed relationship more than one of them complaining about the others' tooting/scratching/eating/picking something? When you're in the honeymoon stage, you keep it all under wraps. . .after a few years, everything just kind of. . .comes out.

Just so you know--my Ship Day fic "Tooled"--let's just say that there was a little personal experience there. . .
      i like seeing that side of couples too.

my brain's not into writing out a dialog for it, but i think it would be cute the first time jack did it in bed, and to see sam's reaction.

sam -

jack: whaaaaat?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

my brain's not into writing out a dialog for it, but i think it would be cute the first time jack did it in bed, and to see sam's reaction.

sam -

***saves idea for next time I have a free moment to write***

and this man loves this woman and she loves him back. Gas and all.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sam -

Or the first time Sam did it.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            now i don't know if i'd want to read that.

on a kind of ot... i'm spending time on twitter, and man, do i miss seeing some sg1 representation. maybe i should go searching for it there... i'm kind of getting sanctuaryied out.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              LOL, yeah, that thread is over 1000 pages long. I wouldn't even know where to begin!

How about with page 1?

Just a thought
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

MOB said: "LOL, yeah, that thread is over 1000 pages long. I wouldn't even know where to begin!"
                Last I looked, that thread was 58 or 59 pages long. As for me, I started with page one, ignored all the recommendations for smut, baby!fic or pregnancy!fic and went from there. On the other hand, Skydiver's site is a great place to start, if you don't want to plow through the recs. Find one of her posts; the link is in her sig.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This appears to be a more manageable solution!
                  That's great!!

*giggles* who knew realism could be so funny

Oh and and =
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    Last I looked, that thread was 58 or 59 pages long. As for me, I started with page one, ignored all the recommendations for smut, baby!fic or pregnancy!fic and went from there. On the other hand, Skydiver's site is a great place to start, if you don't want to plow through the recs. Find one of her posts; the link is in her sig.

Seaboe
                    I don't know if you know it, but you can click the "Reply with Quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote, and it will do the quoting for you (including the name of the person you quote). Just a little FYI there. And you can edit the post you are quoting if you only want part of it.

Comment

LOL, yeah, that thread is over 1000 pages long. I wouldn't even know where to begin!
                      Then you will have no problem finding Sam and Jack fic to read.

I started with page one and it was worth it.

Come now. You just KNOW that Jack's the kind of guy who
                      Spoiler:
                      Toots
                      in bed.

Now THERE's some realism for you!
                      I can't believe you said that. Wait, yes I can.

I can't remember ever talking about this topic. What happened to the controversial debates? Next thing you know we're going to argue about who's the loudest.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Oh man, you too?
                      sigpic
                      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        Then you will have no problem finding Sam and Jack fic to read.

I started with page one and it was worth it.

I can't believe you said that. Wait, yes I can.

I can't remember ever talking about this topic. What happened to the controversial debates? Next thing you know we're going to argue about who's the loudest.

Oh man, you too?

Why oh why are you giving us ideas?
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post

Why oh why are you giving us ideas?
                          Hey, they started it with the potty talk.
                          sigpic
                          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                            Hey, they started it with the potty talk.
                            *giggles* Sure...
                            sigpic

Comment

Ignores the bodily functions discussion...

Recut COTG...

I like the recut in that it was interesting to see what BW would have done if it had been his vision and his alone; what he has done to "fix" what he felt was done badly.

The "reproductive" line cut made the scene a little jerky in the physical cut of it, but I thought there was enough dialogue left in that the beginning with Kawalsky, Ferretti and the dolls for it not to seem out of place in the flow of the dialogue. I also loved the extra "looks" exchanged by Jack and Sam.

I was more disappointed in the, "you'll like me when you get to know me"; "I adore you already" stuff being cut as they walk up the ramp because as hlndncr said, it does make the push through the wormhole seem a little abrupt on Jack's part rather than as a continuation of the teasing, back and forth they had been engaging in.

There's some other stuff that I dislike in the recut which isn't shippy per se (the MacGyver line, Teal'c handing Sam his staff weapon, the countdown at the SGC being removed to a large degree, Hammond being mean to Daniel when he comes back), and things that I like (Teal'c's disgusted reaction to the Goa'uld comes across more, he sounds better with the redub, the scene between Daniel and Sam and the expanding universe stuff comes across better to me, not really fussed at the nudity going), but it was interesting to see it.

I think my "perfect" version would be a smush of the two together. However, I admit from a canon perspective, I always refer to the original version.
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                                Ignores the bodily functions discussion...

Recut COTG...

I like the recut in that it was interesting to see what BW would have done if it had been his vision and his alone; what he has done to "fix" what he felt was done badly.

The "reproductive" line cut made the scene a little jerky in the physical cut of it, but I thought there was enough dialogue left in that the beginning with Kawalsky, Ferretti and the dolls for it not to seem out of place in the flow of the dialogue. I also loved the extra "looks" exchanged by Jack and Sam.

I was more disappointed in the, "you'll like me when you get to know me"; "I adore you already" stuff being cut as they walk up the ramp because as hlndncr said, it does make the push through the wormhole seem a little abrupt on Jack's part rather than as a continuation of the teasing, back and forth they had been engaging in.

There's some other stuff that I dislike in the recut which isn't shippy per se (the MacGyver line, Teal'c handing Sam his staff weapon, the countdown at the SGC being removed to a large degree, Hammond being mean to Daniel when he comes back), and things that I like (Teal'c's disgusted reaction to the Goa'uld comes across more, he sounds better with the redub, the scene between Daniel and Sam and the expanding universe stuff comes across better to me, not really fussed at the nudity going), but it was interesting to see it.

I think my "perfect" version would be a smush of the two together. However, I admit from a canon perspective, I always refer to the original version.
                                I agree with all of this. And I also refer to the original as the "real" one--but when I want to watch it--I watch the recut. Mostly because I feel no need to see the nudity that's in the first one. I felt that it was completely unnecessary.

My mind can fill in all the cute stuff that's missing from the first cut.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X