Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    Two things one my body temperature is really is bugging me and I have a sore throat as well. Any ideas comments concerns...anything? And speaking of RDA commercials does any one remember the one he did to the doobie brothers takin it to the streets it was for a calling card don't remember the company though.
    Sore throat
    Spoiler:
    I thrive on DayQuil. It's probably a cold - ibuprofen will lower your temp and help with the swelling in the throat. But I just go with the dayquil (or knock off brand because it works just as well and is way cheaper) - it has the decongestant added in.

More natural remedy would be a cup of hot tea with lemon. A hot toddy will cure what ails you too LOL

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
      In an interview about a year or two ago, RDA was asked whether he would be interested in doing a guest spot on Sanctuary. He replied yes, but mentioned that, since it is a Canadian production, they have to comply with federal rules regarding foreign actors, so it's unlikely that he would be asked. I'm not entirely clear if such rules exist, but regardless, I'm really disappointed, too. I think AT mentioned that she would love to have him on the show, perhaps as a past love interest. Wish I could source both interviews... they may have come from RDA's website.

OK, this really is my last post for the night. Shippy dreams, everyone
      Is Stargate not a Canadian production as well? They're based out of Vancouver. Not saying you're not right. Just clarifying

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
        Sore throat
        Spoiler:
        I thrive on DayQuil. It's probably a cold - ibuprofen will lower your temp and help with the swelling in the throat. But I just go with the dayquil (or knock off brand because it works just as well and is way cheaper) - it has the decongestant added in.

More natural remedy would be a cup of hot tea with lemon. A hot toddy will cure what ails you too LOL
        That hot toddy idea sounds good except I'm not 21....yet and it reminds of what Rick/Jack said in the return part 2. My birthday is in october as long as a certain lieutenant general. But I'll do the tea thing. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
          In an interview about a year or two ago, RDA was asked whether he would be interested in doing a guest spot on Sanctuary. He replied yes, but mentioned that, since it is a Canadian production, they have to comply with federal rules regarding foreign actors, so it's unlikely that he would be asked. I'm not entirely clear if such rules exist, but regardless, I'm really disappointed, too. I think AT mentioned that she would love to have him on the show, perhaps as a past love interest. Wish I could source both interviews... they may have come from RDA's website.
          Is Stargate not a Canadian production as well? They're based out of Vancouver. Not saying you're not right. Just clarifying

I was thinking the same thing. RDA was in Stargate. Stargate was a Canadian production. I'm confused as to why he could be in Stargate, but not Sanctuary. Other Canadian productions seem to bring in non-Canadian actors all the time. Certainly Robert Carlyle is not Canadian. Apparently David Blue isn't either. There were certainly a lot of guest stars on SG1 that were not Canadian. Joe Flanagan is American (born in Los Angeles), yet he was the star of SGA (filmed in Vancouver, of course). Don Davis was born in Missouri. Rhona Mitra (Kiva) was born in England. If that federal regulation (whether it be B.C. or U.S. federal regulations) thingy is accurate, all these people got around it to work on the various Stargate projects, so I don't see why RDA can't do it again.

Comment

And speaking of RDA commercials does any one remember the one he did to the doobie brothers takin it to the streets it was for a calling card don't remember the company though.
            Spoiler:
            It was call Minute Pass. The only reason I remember that is I video captured one of the commercials. I think there were 2 or 3 different versions.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Wow. That's beautifully crisp and clear. The pic choice is smokin', too!
              Thank you. I sharpen the pics to make them more clear.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Frankly, you lost me after "Sam's desire for release..."

Oh dear...

*splashes happily*

Jumps in and splashes with you, because I was thinking the same thing.

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
              I think I could get used to picspam! My collection of pictures was horrible low on Sam/Jack stuff. Thanks everyone.
              I love creating FanArt, and just finished my first Stargate SG-1 pieces. They are just experiments, so I will wait to share till I have some cool stuff.

Thanks for the welcome, yessika.
              Oh no you don't. You can't say you made some artwork and not show them. Pretty please.
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Hi everyone! I tried to catch up on all the posts here, but I only got to page 23 and then gave up! I have free time, but not that much. LOL. Anyway, this is like my dream thread. I was a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper when I was watching SG-1. Hadn't seen it for a very long time, but suddenly felt this urge to see it, so I put the first season on my Netflix queue and was again obsessed with this ship. All my favorite shipper scenes came back to my mind and then I found this forum. Love you guys. Hopefully I can get out of "Probie" status and personalize my signature!
                Welcome! You only need about 20 post to get out of the Probie status, but there is a bug that nobody can access a profile, so you don't really miss much right now.

And speaking of RDA commercials does any one remember the one he did to the doobie brothers takin it to the streets it was for a calling card don't remember the company though.
                I only remember the one where he did MacGyver for a Credit Card.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pointoforigin View Post
                  Welcome! You only need about 20 post to get out of the Probie status, but there is a bug that nobody can access a profile, so you don't really miss much right now.
                  That is really helpful. I was feeling like an outsider because I couldn't do anything! I understand the Probie stage, because spammers are annoying, but not even being allowed to see my own profile . . . didn't get that. So, a bug explains that! Thanks for the info!
                  sigpic
                  || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing. RDA was in Stargate. Stargate was a Canadian production. I'm confused as to why he could be in Stargate, but not Sanctuary.
                    I think Stargate is actually a US/Canadian Production, whereas Sactuary seems to be just an Canadian production.
                    But hey - can't they give RDA political asylum for just a couple of episodes??

If it would be in my power I would give him the Austrian citizenship right away.
                    We sent Schwarzenegger over to the US - give us RDA!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

My guess is that the bit about it being a Canadian production and "foreign actor status" was probably meant as a joke, considering--exactly as people have pointed out--it's exactly the same situation as Stargate. RDA has a rather dry sense of humor, at times. Like his tweet a few days ago where he said to AT that "all is forgiven." A joke, I'm sure.

Personally, and I know I'm the minority, I really wouldn't want RDA on Sanctuary. For me, I wouldn't be able to get past that "look! it's RDA/Jack!" novelty and see his character as anyone else but. My least favorite ep in S2 was the one with Michael Shanks, one reason being because every time I saw him I giggled and thought "Daniel...with a Jaffa pouch...."

Yeah. I'm strange that way. I know.

Besides. If I see angsty Jack eyes, I want them directed at Sam. Not Helen.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                        LOL! I totally agree! If someone is going to look at Helen with "angsty eyes" I want it to be Druitt!
                        sigpic
                        || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                          Nice save!
                          That was a *save*?!?

Looked to me like grabbing a shovel and digging in! I think she's been hanging out in the wrong places

Comment

That is really helpful. I was feeling like an outsider because I couldn't do anything! I understand the Probie stage, because spammers are annoying, but not even being allowed to see my own profile . . . didn't get that. So, a bug explains that! Thanks for the info!
                            Just think of it as encouragement to post more! To talk endlessly about S/J. To post artwork. To write fic.

WELCOME!

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                            My guess is that the bit about it being a Canadian production and "foreign actor status" was probably meant as a joke, considering--exactly as people have pointed out--it's exactly the same situation as Stargate. RDA has a rather dry sense of humor, at times. Like his tweet a few days ago where he said to AT that "all is forgiven." A joke, I'm sure.

Personally, and I know I'm the minority, I really wouldn't want RDA on Sanctuary. For me, I wouldn't be able to get past that "look! it's RDA/Jack!" novelty and see his character as anyone else but. My least favorite ep in S2 was the one with Michael Shanks, one reason being because every time I saw him I giggled and thought "Daniel...with a Jaffa pouch...."

Yeah. I'm strange that way. I know.

I didn't like MS in Sanctuary either but I chalked it up to the episode not being the greatest and I feel like MS isn't exactly a "high caliber" sort of actor (not that he's a *bad* actor, but he's sort of got a "type" that he does well with, y'know? It's my own opinion and by no means a way to knock him or people who like him!). RDA and AT have such great chemistry that I wouldn't mind seeing a scene where Helen comes across an old, fleeting lover as he's dying. Dye his hair or pull a Star Trek and just add ridges! LOL

As long as they didn't *act* like S/J, I wouldn't see S/J. Just a thought

LOL! I totally agree! If someone is going to look at Helen with "angsty eyes" I want it to be Druitt!
                            Druitt definitely has enough angsty eyes for Helen.

And so I stay on topic...

Who doesn't love RDA's boyish grin?

Comment

Sore throat
                              Spoiler:

All I could think of was Jack's needing a hot toddy with a hot....(insert "blonde")!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                                All I could think of was Jack's needing a hot toddy with a hot....(insert "blonde")!
                                Of course...

Sick days ot
                                Spoiler:

On a random note - my husband and son are sick so I'm taking a sick day to tend to them. This is the second time in six months I've called in and I just feel so guilty :: headdesk :: No reason to - I think it's a perfectly valid reason and I know co-workers who call in for far less. Dang American work mentality. We work ourselves to death and feel bad that we have to take care of our families!

Comment

Working...
                                X