Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Well, my muses aren't in a coma.

It's not a Taken update, but I needed something funny, so here's another installment of "More Team Building".

Career Day. Enjoy!

That was quite inspired. LOL!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

(Just wondering, when can we expect a "Taken" update? I'm going out of my mind with anticipation! )
      I'm working on it. I promise!

And thanks for the Career Day comments. The premise for that one has been in my head for a while. But, to be honest, I have no clue where the Teletubbies came from. It totally just happened!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I'm working on it. I promise!

And thanks for the Career Day comments. The premise for that one has been in my head for a while. But, to be honest, I have no clue where the Teletubbies came from. It totally just happened!
        Career Day Spoilers
        Spoiler:
        It just cracked me up when the bell rang! Your description of all that junior high mayhem was right on. And Jack's reaction?? Priceless! Poor Jack!
        sigpic
        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Hey guys, I was watching to "Solitudes" and when they are lying against each other at the end, in English he's saying "Sarah" but in French he's saying "Sam"!!! so my shippy sense went on and ... SQUEEEE

Comment

Gater62:

Spoiler:
            It just cracked me up when the bell rang! Your description of all that junior high mayhem was right on. And Jack's reaction?? Priceless! Poor Jack!

Spoiler:
            That's right! You're a teacher, aren't you?
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by MarianneLyra View Post
              Hey guys, I was watching to "Solitudes" and when they are lying against each other at the end, in English he's saying "Sarah" but in French he's saying "Sam"!!! so my shippy sense went on and ... SQUEEEE
              In Italian he says "Sam" too
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

It's not a Taken update, but I needed something funny, so here's another installment of "More Team Building".

Career Day. Enjoy!
                Oh that was sooo funny - you wrote that so well I can just imagine them all s******ing

Comment

Career Day. Enjoy!
                  Loved it, as well as "First Date" and "First Kiss". I left reviews for the latter two.

Comment

So, I was on YT and discovered some old episodes of a show that featured my first ship couple, and I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else ships other couples, or are Sam and Jack your first and only? My ships, over the last number years:

- Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy (as played by Pamela Sue Martin and Parker Stephenson in the original 70s series)... my very first ship
                    - Bionic Woman (aka Jamie Somers, from the original series) and the Six Million Dollar Man (Steve Austin)
                    - Scully and Mulder from the X Files
                    And, of course, my all-time fave: Sam and Jack

*gets the feeling that I'm the oldest shipper here*

Comment

Nope--you're NOT the oldest! Trust me! You and I are probably about the same age.

OT other shows:

Spoiler:
                      I liked all of them, too. I also shipped Bruce and Maddie on Moonlighting, and Remington and Laura on Remington Steele. And I desperately wanted Kate and Edward Stratton to get together on "Silver Spoons" (I sadly claim membership in the Ricky Schroeder Fan Club). And I thought that Doug and Judy should have tried to have something on 21 Jump Street.

Now, going even further back in time, I always thought that Dixie McCall and John Gage on Emergency kind of had a thing going. . .I was much younger, then, though, so I might have been misreading everything. I did think Gage was cute, though. I must have had a thing for older men.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post

Not even close. I guarantee you.

My all time OTP is Mulder and Scully; always has been always will be but I felt a bit let down by how they were handled in the later seasons (best not to get me onto that particular subject - I can rant all day and night if you like ).
                        Jack and Sam come in an extremely close second and, in terms of satisfaction on how that pairing was portrayed and played out on screen, they outrank any of the others, so I guess they are the ones whom I find the most enjoyable to watch and read fanfic about.

I once did a ship list on Livejournal, as prompted by some friends who'd done similar but to summarise:

My first ship - Sapphire & Steel (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078682/ )
                        Lee and Amanda (Scarecrow and Mrs King)
                        Maddie and David (Moonlighting)
                        Mulder and Scully (X Files)
                        Riker and Troi (Start Trek The Next Generation)
                        Dempsey and Makepeace (from Dempsey & Makepeace)

And the full list (as of September 2005 anyway) can be found here: http://blogess.livejournal.com/2005/09/08/
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Not even close. I guarantee you.

My all time OTP is Mulder and Scully; always has been always will be but I felt a bit let down by how they were handled in the later seasons (best not to get me onto that particular subject - I can rant all day and night if you like ).
                          Jack and Sam come in an extremely close second and, in terms of satisfaction on how that pairing was portrayed and played out on screen, they outrank any of the others, so I guess they are the ones whom I find the most enjoyable to watch and read fanfic about.

I once did a ship list on Livejournal, as prompted by some friends who'd done similar but to summarise:

My first ship - Sapphire & Steel (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078682/ )
                          Lee and Amanda (Scarecrow and Mrs King)
                          Maddie and David (Moonlighting)
                          Mulder and Scully (X Files)
                          Riker and Troi (Start Trek The Next Generation)
                          Dempsey and Makepeace (from Dempsey & Makepeace)

And the full list (as of September 2005 anyway) can be found here: http://blogess.livejournal.com/2005/09/08/
                          Hi guys.

But what about Buck and Wilma (Buck Rogers)? That kiss in the last ep was ok though.

Do you remember that they used Stargates in Buck Rogers.

Not the ones we know of now but to go from one galaxy to another their ship went through a Stargate
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                            So, I was on YT and discovered some old episodes of a show that featured my first ship couple, and I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else ships other couples, or are Sam and Jack your first and only? My ships, over the last number years:

- Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy (as played by Pamela Sue Martin and Parker Stephenson in the original 70s series)... my very first ship
                            - Bionic Woman (aka Jamie Somers, from the original series) and the Six Million Dollar Man (Steve Austin)
                            - Scully and Mulder from the X Files
                            And, of course, my all-time fave: Sam and Jack

Oh Oh!!

Jaime and Steve yes!!!

Gosh, IggyMing you've brought back some memories there

How about Eliott and Olivia (SVU)
                            Becket and Castle

But I have to admit it's Sam and Jack all the way for me. **sighs**
                            sigpic
                            sig by Mada
                            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                              Hi guys.

But what about Buck and Wilma (Buck Rogers)? That kiss in the last ep was ok though.

Do you remember that they used Stargates in Buck Rogers.

Not the ones we know of now but to go from one galaxy to another their ship went through a Stargate
                              Oh blimey but yes I do. I forgot about Buck and Wilma. Although I was more a Twiki and Wilma fan... beedie beedie beedie.

And yes, Olivia and Elliot on SVU too, to some extent. It's interesting to see how many of us have very similar ships to each other in other genres. To me, one of the biggest appeals to a ship was the angst factor. The deeper the angst - the more they could not be together - the more invested I became over them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Jack and Sam are my number one ship. For sure.

My next favorites are as follows:
                                Jack and Renee - 24
                                Doggett and Reyes - X-Files
                                Rachel and Finn - Glee
                                Emma and Will - Glee
                                Booth and Brennan - Bones

With Mulder and Scully I am a complete noromo, and I truly hated what they did with that, and what they did to Scully with the whole William storyline.

Comment

Working...
                                X