Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I liked Vala, too. And Cam. I just thought there could have been more actual team-focussed episodes throughout, instead of breaking the team up into segments where they didn't work together. I also actually like a few episodes that others don't like much (like "Uninvited", "Off the Grid", "Arthur's Mantle" - stuff like that).
    I'm one of those *extreme* weirdos who actually think the string of episodes from about Ripple Effect to 200 were amongst the consistently best of the shows history. Not that there weren't better episodes elsewhere, but I think that period had the most *good* episodes in a row.

Though, despite the fact I eventually liked Cam and Vala, I'd agree the way they brought her in and made her so much a part of the storyline in the beginning of Season 9 was wrong in the same way I think the introduction of Cam and the Ori should have been spread out and slower with more of a transition from the 'old' team and situations to the new. But again, I think that reflects a certain attitude they had on SG1 that it was the adventure and explosions which mattered the most and they were in a hurry to add quips and explosions and scary aliens at the sacrifice of characters and good storytelling.

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
      There are a few episodes a can't make myself watch, "100 Days" and "Chimera" are on that list...
      I am such an angst-head, I adore 100 Days and Chimera.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
        Spoiler SGU Incursion 1/2
        Spoiler:
        Yeah, I was surprised, too.. o.O And yes, Stargate in German is kinda funny.. doesn't really fit.
        About the disappointment: I don't know the storyline, so it might have to do with tat, but I've got the feeling that I'm just not a SGU-fan.. if it doesn't convince me after 2h watching. However I loved the new special effects (in comparison to SG-1 1-6)

Did you hear the "I'm sorry, Sam" in German?
        Spoiler:
        missed the part 1 in german because I already saw it in english last week - might tape it in the morning to see what he said in german. I followed most of the SGU episodes, but part 2 actually made me long to watch the reruns of Battlestar - nuff said?

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
        Short OT: Pointoforigin, it's a funny feeling to write in English to German-speaking people^^
        OT: as long as you know what language you are speaking - in my world, denglish is my main language at home since my husband is american and I'm austrian. After a while you just start mixing ;-)
        sigpic

Comment

Apparently David deLuise "groped" her without it being in the script, and his own brother called him on it later.
          you know you will never hear that about Richard Dean Anderson doing something like that. he and amanda got too much respect for one another. I think David deluise just got a little carried away.

Comment

Yes. "Affinity" is one I simply refuse to rewatch; it's on my list of "never watch again" () episodes. In my opinion, it made both Sam and Teal'c look like a couple of idiots.
            Originally posted by Petra View Post
            Don't forget Daniel, going off alone to meet with the Trust without informing anyone and ending up forced to give up vital information.
            Indeed. Bad character work all the way around.

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
            Bad guys is one of my favourite eps from S10. Despite Sam not being in it... I just chose to believe that she was off in Washington doing something else.... with a cetain someone....

(oooh and I've misssed all these lovely lengthly discussions and now everyone's said what I think anyway....)
            Well, of course she was! Landry's line was something about her being "deterred" in Washington... who do you think was doing all of the deterring...
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Well, of course she was! Landry's line was something about her being "deterred" in Washington... who do you think was doing all of the deterring...
              And wouldn't it have been nice of them to show us just a little of the deterring? Just a little? A teeny little bit?

**sigh**

I feel sometimes like Veruca Salt, stomping my foot and demanding what I want when I want it. But then, it didn't work out too well for her, did it?
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Lots and lots of stuff while I've been at work LOL.

My basic issue is that I try to give the writers the benefit of the doubt. If I can come up with a logical explanation then I choose to believe that the writers consider me intelligent enough to figure it out. If something doesn't make sense and someone else can explain it to me (thank Seahen!) then the writers earn points in my book because it means they taught me something I didn't know.

In the span of three series and thirteen seasons, there's bound to be some weak points. What I will give kudos to the writers for is that their show is *more* consistent than most shows I've watched. That's really, really hard to do when you've got as many story lines as this tv series does.

So at the end of the day if you don't like S9/10, I can't convince you to like it - but I do I think some of the strongest episodes happen in that final season. I love SGU and I love the level of thought I know has gone into the series.

And really that's why I love Sam/Jack. For me they were a taste of how good this franchise could become. And how good it did become and how good I think it will continue to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  And wouldn't it have been nice of them to show us just a little of the deterring? Just a little? A teeny little bit?

**sigh**

I feel sometimes like Veruca Salt, stomping my foot and demanding what I want when I want it. But then, it didn't work out too well for her, did it?
                  I'm showing my complete ignorance here by asking who is Veruca Salt?

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                    And really that's why I love Sam/Jack. For me they were a taste of how good this franchise could become. And how good it did become and how good I think it will continue to be.
                    *stands up clapping*

*looks around embarrassed*

*sits back down quickly hoping nobody noticed*

Comment

Isn't that the girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Comment

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory character. She's a spoiled rich girl who is a pain in the rear--stomping her foot and pouting and screaming until she gets what she wants. Eventually, she tries to steal a special nut-sorting squirrel, but they take her down into the bowels of the factory and rough her up some. It is intimated that she's roasted like a nut in the book, although in the movie you just see her looking haggard and tousled and kind of crazed by the experience.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory character. She's a spoiled rich girl who is a pain in the rear--stomping her foot and pouting and screaming until she gets what she wants. Eventually, she tries to steal a special nut-sorting squirrel, but they take her down into the bowels of the factory and rough her up some. It is intimated that she's roasted like a nut in the book, although in the movie you just see her looking haggard and tousled and kind of crazed by the experience.
                          Ah. That explains it. I've never seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Comment

Ah. That explains it. I've never seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
                            Yet I bet you know some kids like that. They're the ones in Target screaming that they want the latest Lego set or toy and their parents cave in--you know the ones.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Yet I bet you know some kids like that. They're the ones in Target screaming that they want the latest Lego set or toy and their parents cave in--you know the ones.
                              Oh, yeah. I've seen kids like that in various stores. It hurts my ears when I hear them crying, whining, screaming (whatever) about something, and the parents do nothing to calm them down. I usually leave as quickly as I can. I've even been known to leave without buying whatever I went there to buy.

Comment

Oh, yeah. I've seen kids like that in various stores. It hurts my ears when I hear them crying, whining, screaming (whatever) about something, and the parents do nothing to calm them down. I usually leave as quickly as I can. I've even been known to leave without buying whatever I went there to buy.
                                Egads don't even get me started on this. I worked at Disney World for a year and a half and the way parents caved to the kids made me want to scream.

I'll be Jack and Sam wouldn't put up with that stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X