Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    It wasn't quite blonde, but was certainly much lighter than the color Helen has. And it looked like a hint of red in it too. Not her normal pretty blonde, that's for sure.
    thanks, i'm visualizing this well.

i hope someone's recorded this and is going to show us... *small and ambiguous hintipoo*
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
      Just think what could happen if we get a third movie.
      GW would break... again

sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        sam in sgu-

Spoiler:
        exactly what color is sam's hair in this ep? the same as it was when she guest starred in the first ep?
        Spoiler:
        I think it could be her letting her Helen Magnus hair go back to blond since they might have been done filming Sanctuary at the time and maybe they didn't feel like having her wear a wig. I think AT lets her her hair go back to blond between seasons of Sanctuary as I have seen pictures of her with her hair going back to blond but I could be wrong.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          thanks, i'm visualizing this well.

i hope someone's recorded this and is going to show us... *small and ambiguous hintipoo*
          Maybe when GW puts up some screencaps, that'll be one of them.

Comment

just watch Air Part 1 again Sam was not wearing earrings in air part 1.

Comment

SGU S/J
              Spoiler:
              I won't hide the fact that I don't like SGU. (I don't get why anyone wants Destiney.) For one thing, I don't like what they did to my beloved SG1 characters. Jack looks like an incompetent commander with no control over his people and a bad judge of character, and Sam acts dumb. Example, why couldn't they beam the 302 pilots onto the ship? I find it impossible to believe that the Lucian Alliance jamming tech is so advanced and powerful that it extends so far beyond the immediate range of their base to reach 302s booking it for an orbiting space craft. Sam didn't need to leave them behind and she is smarter than that.

I'm glad TPTB threw me a little shipper bone; they must have known it would distract me. So here is what I saw that made me SQUEEEEE!

The first scene they had when Jack gave Sam the go ahead to attack the LA base at first seemed really formal and business like. But I detected a note of warmth and pride in his voice when he told her "Colonel, you have a go." Very subtle, but nice.

Yes I loved hearing him call her Sam. I didn't see any hint of a smile, which I think would have been inappropriate given the circumstances, but I did feel a lot of sympathy coming from him. The subtext I got was, "I know you are upset about leaving people behind; I understand and I'm here for you." It felt very intimate to me.

When Jack gave Young the dressing down I don't know that he was upset about Sam being in danger anymore than he was for any of his other people. And we know Jack hates it when he loses his people. But when he explained to Young about the tough call Sam had to make and that she did the right thing I could again sense the pride he has in her. He held her up as the example of a great commander who is capable of making the tough calls.

I was not crazy about her hair color (and I prefered short too - not a fan of the Atlantis do). I think the really low lighting helped hide it some, but I wish they would have used a wig. It was definitely lighter in Air pt. 1. And yes, I did notice she was wearing earings.
              Last edited by hlndncr; 04 June 2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

according to IMDB.com it has Rick credited as being in Incursion Part 2 as well. so will we get to see Jack O'Neill again? we shall see.

Comment

sgu spoilers -

Spoiler:
                  someone on twitter asked amanda if sam was wearing a ring. was she?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    I've been thinking about all of you too. It has been strange to be away from the forum.

And it's good to be back with our own little "lunatic fringe."
                    Yeah, Welcome back Melissa! I so missed your Dual Pic Banners (I can't remember what they were called ). You have to love our lunatic fringe.

SGU OT -
                    Spoiler:
                    I was squeeing (is that a word?) too when Jack said Sam. It has been way too long since we heard him say it. It made the scene between them more personal, a somewhat intimate moment surrounded by the action around them. I didn't see him smiling when he said it and I agree with hlndncr that it wouldn't be appropriate at that time. I missed the earrings, so I too must watch again. What we do in the name of research.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

SGU S/J:
                      Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      Yes I loved hearing him call her Sam. I didn't see any hint of a smile, which I think would have been inappropriate given the circumstances, but I did feel a lot of sympathy coming from him. The subtext I got was, "I know you are upset about leaving people behind; I understand and I'm here for you." It felt very intimate to me.
                      Definitely no smile, and I agree with you completely on the subtext of his comment. In fact, it was a non-professional (Not *un*-professional) comment in it's meaning. The name simply highlighted that. I'd add, though, at first I was a bit disturbed by her responding with, "Yes, sir," until I thought about it and realized she was letting him know she was okay quickly and neatly by answering professionally.

Or...possibly... maintaining strict composure because she was more upset than she had time to deal with right then...

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                        Just got an update in my inbox this morning that reminded me there is a fanfic out there in which Sam makes a rather interesting quilt. Its called Down Here Among the Wreckage. I can't link to it because it's rated M (and I warn you the story is very dark). But it is by Annerb, and all of her stories are supremely well written (her DC Series is one of my all time favorites). You can find it under her profile here.
                        Brilliant fic, too. I wish she'd put us all out of her misery and finish it already! All her stuff is some of the best so definitely read!

SGU

Spoiler:
                        I nearly fell off the couch when he called her Sam tonight. Methinks Joe did it on purpose.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          I nearly fell off the couch when he called her Sam tonight. Methinks Joe did it on purpose.
                          They always love dangling that little string of hope in the air and when we try to reach out and grab it they pull it away. and yeah it was nice seeing Jack call carter "Sam". nice to know he can use in a comforting moment like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            They always love dangling that little string of hope in the air and when we try to reach out and grab it they pull it away. and yeah it was nice seeing Jack call carter "Sam". nice to know he can use in a comforting moment like this.
                            Well.

JM has publicly stated (on his blog) that he believes Sam and Jack got together after Threads. So I'm assuming as that's his personal backstory (as it were) that's what he's been writing... So I don't think it's so much dangling a thread as his showing as much of his belief as circumstances allow.

And.

You know.

Messing with us.

Cause it is JM.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                              Hi! Just wanted to pop in to say hello. I'm a huge S/J shipper and have been lurking for quite awhile, but only decided to join GW recently. None of my friends are SG fans, so it's nice to find a community of like-minded shippers.
                              Due to the utter chaos which has been my life the last week or so, I missed this my first time catching up to the thread.

Welcome! Thanks for delurking.

You get a present:

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                                GW would break... again

Oh, yes!! That's for sure

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X