Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    And - I have to say it, though it may piss people off but . . . what, exactly was the reason Daniel was there? Spying? Tailing? Instead of a trained special forces guy? Daniel really wasn't needed here.
    agree about the part as to why Daniel was in this ep. He was totally out of his element as far as I was concerned. It was interesting to see him there, but I found myself wondering when he took up spying and tailing people and taking photographs with a telephoto lens as a break from being an archaeologist
    I figured he was there because Jack trusts him. Jack and Young's first conversation indicated that Young took risk even telling Jack his suspicions about Telford. They have no idea if he is actually the spy or if there are others so they would not go to random trained special forces guy for this job. Frankly when I saw Daniel, my first thought was of course Jack would go Daniel for this. Daniel has been more than just an archaeologist for years

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      SGU plus S/J:

Spoiler:
      The season finale is going to be a reverse of 'Air'. Earth forces (aka Sam and the Hammond) attack Icarus-like planet the Lucian Alliance is on and they use Rush and his work to dial Destiny right before the planet blows. . .

And - I have to say it, though it may piss people off but . . . what, exactly was the reason Daniel was there? Spying? Tailing? Instead of a trained special forces guy? Daniel really wasn't needed here. Jack's appearance at least made sense.

I enjoyed the 'Jack-ness' of RDA's acting. And I have distinctly guttery thoughts as to why Jack was limping . . .

At least Jack and Sam have a conversation in the season finale!
      Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      SGU OT:
      Spoiler:
      I agree about the part as to why Daniel was in this ep. He was totally out of his element as far as I was concerned. It was interesting to see him there, but I found myself wondering when he took up spying and tailing people and taking photographs with a telephoto lens as a break from being an archaeologist. I thought he'd be off somewhere like Atlantis or some other planet or an dig somewhere on earth doing what he's loved doing all his life instead of being a spy.

I thought the scene where Jack and Young left the stones room was cute when Jack went the wrong way and Young had to call him back.
      Originally posted by absolutdc2001 View Post
      Spoiler:

I figured he was there because Jack trusts him. Jack and Young's first conversation indicated that Young took risk even telling Jack his suspicions about Telford. They have no idea if he is actually the spy or if there are others so they would not go to random trained special forces guy for this job. Frankly when I saw Daniel, my first thought was of course Jack would go Daniel for this. Daniel has been more than just an archaeologist for years
      SGU

Spoiler:
      I actually had the exact same thoughts. I can rationalize why Daniel is there but he's so under-utilized that had they just put in a special ops guy, I'd totally wouldn't have given it a second thought. I can't believe that after thirty years in the military he doesn't have more people, with better qualified skills, that could have done this job. The SGC was filled with people he could trust.

Like I said, I can rationalize Daniel being there but he wasn't ultimately necessary. So not pissed off here LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        SGU OT:
        Spoiler:
        So...Tammy and I squee'd when A) we saw Jack drinking...TEA... and they focused on it (and when have you ever seen Jack drink anything but coffee! And B) when he said, "Carter says" (active voice, ie, real-time and he's talking to her).
        Not OT SGU (but for latest episode):
        Spoiler:
        That bit with the tea made me extremely and absurdly happy, too, for much the same reasons it did you. IMHO, it just screamed female influence. I've never known an American male to start drinking tea in midlife without one and, as we never have seen him do so before and they focused on it clearly, I couldn't help think it was significant. Which makes me laugh at myself even, but there you are . OT SGU:
        Spoiler:
        Though I agree with Shannon and even tweeted as much that Daniel doing the tailing made no sense. Well, actually, it made as much sense as John and Ronan from Atlantis leading the earth team in season 4's SGA's empty-warehouse-episode. I suspect they realize that the seemingly obligatory episode's A-plot is tenuous enough without familiar faces to at least make it significant in any way beyond the strictly moving-the-franchise-forward sort.
        And wildly OT relevant to nothing:
        Spoiler:
        Wish me luck today. Have worked a full half of the hours since getting my molar tooth extracted on Wed so my mouth still aches and I've got my kids' school's funfair and my daughter's birthday party (6 little girls at a roller rink) this afternoon and I have *no* idea where I'm going to find the strength if this coffee fails me.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Wish me luck today. Have worked a full half of the hours since getting my molar tooth extracted on Wed so my mouth still aches and I've got my kids' school's funfair and my daughter's birthday party (6 little girls at a roller rink) this afternoon and I have *no* idea where I'm going to find the strength if this coffee fails me.

OT Cheering Section:

Spoiler:
          You can do it! I've had days (weeks) like that, and I don't know where the strength comes from--but it comes. I hope you can rest tomorrow. Here are good Mommy vibes coming at you from AZ!
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

SGU J/S:
            Spoiler:
            I agree... when they zoomed in on the mug and Jack was playing around with the tea bag I thought: THATS A SIGN!!! lol. He could have just had a mug there and could have been drinking some random stuff we'd never know what it is.. but they clearly WANTED us to SEE it is TEA!! Hahaha.
            Other than that I only spotted a picture of Jack and Charly in the background. No Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              SGU J/S:
              Spoiler:
              I agree... when they zoomed in on the mug and Jack was playing around with the tea bag I thought: THATS A SIGN!!! lol. He could have just had a mug there and could have been drinking some random stuff we'd never know what it is.. but they clearly WANTED us to SEE it is TEA!! Hahaha.
              Other than that I only spotted a picture of Jack and Charly in the background. No Sam!
              SGU OT:
              Spoiler:
              The picture of Jack and Charlie has been there since the first time Jack and his office were seen on SGU. Maybe he has one of Sam in a place only he can see it, because they're still being discreet or something - even though they shouldn't have to be.

Comment

SGU OT:
                Spoiler:
                The picture of Jack and Charlie has been there since the first time Jack and his office were seen on SGU. Maybe he has one of Sam in a place only he can see it, because they're still being discreet or something - even though they shouldn't have to be.
                SGU:
                Spoiler:
                Imagine Jack opening a drawer and the cameras zoom in as he takes whatever out of it... and we see a pic of Sam and Jack in there... I think we would all go nuts... I'm very satisfied with the tea - for now. lol. Maybe there will be some more in 2 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  . [/spoiler][/spoiler] And wildly OT relevant to nothing:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sounds like you need
                  Spoiler:
                  a sarcophagus

Hope it all goes well.

Sam + Jack +
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    SGU:
                    Spoiler:
                    Imagine Jack opening a drawer and the cameras zoom in as he takes whatever out of it... and we see a pic of Sam and Jack in there... I think we would all go nuts... I'm very satisfied with the tea - for now. lol. Maybe there will be some more in 2 weeks...
                    How weird was it that I was thinking the exact same thing only moments before reading this?
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

SGU OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm hoping there is a photo of them on the side of the hutch where there is that cluster of frames. I noticed they never shot him from that angle. Just the one where we would see the shot of him and Charlie.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        How weird was it that I was thinking the exact same thing only moments before reading this?
                        It just shows that many of us are thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Haha how creepy... I just saw it perfectly in my head.. camera from above.. and... sigh... They should have us write and direct an episode.. oh, maybe not. lol.

Comment

It just shows that many of us are thinking the same thing.
                            Us shippers are in synch
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              I'm hoping there is a photo of them on the side of the hutch where there is that cluster of frames. I noticed they never shot him from that angle. Just the one where we would see the shot of him and Charlie.
                              Speaking of 'new Jack' and SGU: (random totally unrelated to anything plot-wise spoilers for the new episode of SGU):
                              Spoiler:
                              Anyone else think about how significant it potentially is that Jack has a picture of Charlie hanging in his office now? If you recall, back in season one of SG1, he had one hidden in his locker and information about Charlie had to be dragged out of him. I think this shows a significant change in his attitude about his relationship with Charlie and the great amount of healing he's gone through since then; his past with Charlie is no longer a part of him he's hiding and trying not to think about but something he's embracing and has out in the open on display.

Something that also came out in a discussion I was having elsewhere which I'd noticed but forgot to mention here is Jack's rather pensive "I know why I'm special" said simply with just a trace of light-heartedness and not as a cynical joke. I can't imagine the old self-effacing and often self-deriding Jack ever making that statement in that way and I really do think it's reflective of his new-found balance and self-respect.

Both these things, IMHO, point to a Jack far more aware of and comfortable his one worth and no longer hiding who he is behind a cynical facade. And, yes, because I do believe he got together with Sam after Threads and has been in a mostly stable relationship since then, I attribute his change-in-attitude in large part to that relationship, just as I attribute many of Sam's changes to it. Not that a relationship can change everything or solve all your problems, but a stable foundation at the end of the day really can make overall balance and happiness everywhere else easier to achieve.

At least.

IMHO.

EDIT: And... *giggle* how much I can write on such a little bit of screen time. Can you imagine a new jack-centric movie? This is, btw, why I almost never go to bed before 2am on Friday nights for half the year.

Comment

EDIT: And... *giggle* how much I can write on such a little bit of screen time. Can you imagine a new jack-centric movie? This is, btw, why I almost never go to bed before 2am on Friday nights for half the year.
                                The New Jack:

Of course, "antis" could say that it's just age and distance from the tragedy. . .

BUT!!!

I think you're right, and I think that Sam has always had a calming influence on him. The phrase--behind every good man there's a good woman--really holds water here (Water in which to go fishing? ). Many people might say that he was too dark and cynical from a life spent in black ops to be able to have any kind of lasting relationship at all, but I think that her idealism and essential goodness tempered him and allowed him to find a stable center within himself. And he's been good for her, too. She had issues, as well, and we were all able to see her calmer, more relaxed persona through Atlantis and the times she's appeared on SGU.

So I think that they have influenced each other. And I think that they KNOW what it's like to be each other--if that makes any sense. There is such a perfect understanding of pasts and presents and acceptances of futures that their relationship is good for both of them.

Having said that, There's a picture of Charlie on the wall in Jack's old Colorado house. It's Sara and Charlie and Jack in front of their old house. Sam refers to it when she visits him in "Lost City"--although he still doesn't want to talk about it.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X