Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    First bolded bit: Yup.

Second bolded bit: Just a reminder, JM isn't an SG1 PTB anymore. That, to him, was a series that ended three years ago (a lifetime in television writing). Now, it can be argued that, A) he still works with Brad on SGU; and B) he's a PTB on a Stargate franchise show. But...that means...not a lot. His show is clearly different in tone, spirit, and content from SG-1 and the man also has other irons in the fire, work-wise.

So, when he says, "ideally..." I firmly believe that, in a world where he was in charge and all things being equal, his ideal is that Sam/Jack are confirmed publicly.
    No JM isn't on SG-1, but *technically* neither is anyone else. BW wrote the script for the third movie, while JM worked on the SGA but they're all basically on SGU or otherwise occupied. I've gotten the impression from JM's blog however, that there is a fair bit of discussion back and forth with the writers/producers and that when said movie does get created while he may not be a *main* part of it, he will have *some* part of it because of his history.

Perhaps I've completely misinterpreted his blog. Either way, realistically, I don't believe they're going to do anything to contradict "the ship" as it were. I personally didn't care much for the "Trio" cut scene (I'd rather go with my own interpretation of there being something far more solid than "maybe when I get back" which could be translated in a variety of different ways IMO).

To sum up: I'm not worried.

Also: going through so med changes so I get these really weird little mind zaps every few minutes (anyone know what I'm talking about) so if I come across sharp or utterly incoherent, I was probably in the middle of an entropic cascade failure and I'm currently looking for my other self so I can kill her, take her place, and subsequently stop feeling nauseated and mind zappy.

Comment

*shuffles quietly in*

*goes back to gutter...away from scary angst*
      sigpic

Comment

OT: help for a vid
        Spoiler:
        Does anyone remind any scenes where Jack has a close combat with someone, possibly without fire weapons...
        Same thing for Daniel (for Sam and Jack I already know some scenes...but feel free to tell me yours!)
        Thanks!
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          Spoiler:
          Does anyone remind any scenes where Jack has a close combat with someone, possibly without fire weapons...
          Same thing for Daniel (for Sam and Jack I already know some scenes...but feel free to tell me yours!)
          Thanks!
          OT for vid:
          Spoiler:
          Since I was just watching it yesterday - and while it might not be what you're looking for, there's a scene near the end of "The Nox" (just after the Nox are working on healing Nafrayu after Apophis injured him) where the team is going to ambush Apophis (they have no weapons, except Daniel has Teal'c's staff weapon), and Jack is laying on the ground camoflauged with branches and leaps up and has a scuffle with a Jaffa. Perhaps there's something in "Demons", too, though I haven't seen it in awhile, so can't be sure. Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            *shuffles quietly in*

*goes back to gutter...away from scary angst*
            Very pretty, Jann
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Spoiler:
              In Beneath the Surface, Jack whacks the crap out of that guy in the office and takes his gun--one of the sexiest whackings ever, if you ask me. Just look at his face when he does that. Yowza! Also, he and Daniel fight in The Broca Divide. And in Need, as well.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Spoiler:
                Thanks!
                OT for a vid
                Spoiler:
                Do you mean actual fist fights? From what I remember:

Broca Divide - Jack pummeling Daniel
                Bloodlines - short fight with Bra'tac
                Tin Man - quite a fight with robot!Teal'c
                there was a lot of fighting in In the Serpent's Grasp/In the Serpent's Lair
                Need - fight with Daniel in a storage room
                Jolinar's Memories (?) - when they were escaping their pit in Netu, Jack lunged at the guard with some sort of stick/pipe
                He landed some punches in Prisoners (after T freed him) and in Shades of Grey (when the Asgard arrived at the end)
                Beneath the Surface - fight with Daniel
                Double Jeopardy - fight with himself
                The Fifth Man
                Red Sky - he attacked Malchius
                Revelations - he and Teal'c fought with the Jaffa on Anubis' ship
                Abyss - he pummeled some guard at the end while escaping
                Prometheus - fight with goa'uld!Simmons

Daniel..I got nothin'

Hope that helps
                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                sigpic
                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  Very pretty, Jann
                  I second that!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    harm/mac, scully/mulder, and troi/riker's confirmations all left me meh... though s/m and t/r got good confirmations in the later years in movies, but by then, i'd lost *so* much interest, that it didn't really matter anymore.

there's some that squeed me well , but i'm just focusing on the meh ones right now. i don't want s/j to be put into that group, and as of right now, without the 3rd movie... they are. that's why i haven't watched 'threads' or 'moebius' in years.

so i'm still hoping for good and juicy confirmation in the 3rd movie!!
                    Know what you mean about the meh thing. I used to a big mulder/scully shipper and coped with half the crap stuff that happened at the end of the series, but the last film was a bit pants and I felt it has totally ruined my love of the show and so barely watch it now. Seriously hope the same doesn't happen with the 3rd movie and S/J!

Comment

Just watched Full Circle - don't they ever walk closely together at the end - almost as one....

OT - I think....
                      Spoiler:
                      I've got 2 seasons out on loan at the moment - doing my best to spread the love..
                      They’ve noticed that the MALPs go out but never come back with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                        Know what you mean about the meh thing. I used to a big mulder/scully shipper and coped with half the crap stuff that happened at the end of the series, but the last film was a bit pants and I felt it has totally ruined my love of the show and so barely watch it now. Seriously hope the same doesn't happen with the 3rd movie and S/J!
                        I must be the only mulder/scully shipper that liked the last film. I think it has to do with my hate for the series finale *shrugs*

I wish we would get some news on the 3rd movie already
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          I must be the only mulder/scully shipper that liked the last film. I think it has to do with my hate for the series finale *shrugs*

I wish we would get some news on the 3rd movie already
                          No, you are not the only one! I liked the 2nd movie! (ok maybe not the background plot...but who cares about it when I see M and S together!)
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

No, you are not the only one! I liked the 2nd movie! (ok maybe not the background plot...but who cares about it when I see M and S together!)
                            I liked it too
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked it too - it wasn't over the top - he was just there with like he'd always been there - which he had. Simple confirmation - we can dream...

Comment

I've got 2 seasons out on loan at the moment - doing my best to spread the love..
                                They’ve noticed that the MALPs go out but never come back with them?
                                I think that the theory is that they send it back through the 'Gate as soon as they get to the planet. That way it's not just sitting there--unless it's necessary for plot development like on "The Link", then it conveniently stays there. Perhaps?
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X