Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I always thought that Landry's comment about Sam being "intimate" with Orlin was uncalled for and out of line for him to even bring it up. Plus, I always felt that she never had sex with Orlin and that the energy sharing thing was an extremely intimate thing to do given that he could then understand/know her deepest, most intimate thoughts, and the same in reverse with her about Orlin. (It's pretty much the same thing that happened with Shephard Chaya (the ancient who shared energy with him) on SGA. I'm thinking that Sam must have put some kind of wording in her report of the whole incident that could have been interpreted by some people to mean she had sex with Orlin, when that wasn't what she meant at all.
    I was going to say something about this, but you read my mind. I agree 100%, especially about Landry's remark being inappropriate. I know as a subordinate she probably couldn't have called him out on it and therefore chose to deflect, but I would like to have seen her channel some of that Jack O'Neill flippancy right about then.

Comment

Hi all,

Happy Belated Birthday to Sally!

And to anyone else I've missed.

I'm here with a gift.

Conversations to an Empty Room

Missing scenes from S10's The Road Not Taken (the one where Sam ends up in the AU). Established Sam/Jack (although ship isn't the focus of the story).
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        All I'm saying is that I know some people think in the alternate sense. These days, where everything is hyper-sensualized, the word "intimacy" is used as a euphemism for sex. I was only saying that in that scene with Landry, the implication that he gives in asking the question about Sam's relationship with Orlin felt to me like he thought that they had done more than have dinner.

I understand that there are different forms of intimacy. Different levels--I was merely trying to put forth the idea that Orlin did use her, and she was compromised, and therefore even if Hammond and Jack had known about the surveillance, they were justified in not telling her.

I think I'm being a little misunderstood. . .that's what you get for opining while trying to help one's daughter complete a 2nd grade project on service dogs.
        Gotcha and understood. You were speaking about Landry. Well why didn't you just say so? Landry was thinking more towards the physical side of a relationship. Which I agree about it being an inappropriate topic for Landry to talk to Sam about.

Um, yes General, he went all glowy and entered me in a different plane of . . . *cough* . . . nevermind.

Landry: Yeah, let's just leave it at, you were close to Orlin.
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          *slips in*

Just popping in to give a huge *huggle* and happy birthday wishes to my wonderful crazy weird friend Sally.

*gives more huggles and slips out*
          Ooh fab pics! What ep is that one (above) from?

Sir?
          Yeah?
          Did you just...?
          Look? Down there....?
          Uh-hu.....
          Should I.... just keep looking straight ahead?
          Yes sir...

Comment

Fic rec. And since I'm not quite sure of the rating, I'll just link to the author's page and let you scroll down to the titled fic:

7 League Boots - story is called "V Day", set in Season 9 (Jack misses a Valentine's party at Daniel's which he was supposed to attend with Sam; boy is he in big trouble)

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
              Hi all,

Happy Belated Birthday to Sally!

And to anyone else I've missed.

I'm here with a gift.

Conversations to an Empty Room

Missing scenes from S10's The Road Not Taken (the one where Sam ends up in the AU). Established Sam/Jack (although ship isn't the focus of the story).
              happy b-day from me too...

Comment

I come bearing fic!

This is set a few weeks after the fishing trip in Threads.

It's not easy making the transition from friends to lovers, but it sure beats the alternative.

This is for mature audiences, which means it contains sex!

http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/359239.html

I hope you guys enjoy!
                Last edited by Artie; 18 May 2010, 09:10 AM.
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Loving the fics - I just love this thread.

Just watched Fire & Water - that hug after the hypnosis - he just huggles her into him - never realised how much he huggled before

Comment

Just watched Fire & Water - that hug after the hypnosis - he just huggles her into him - never realised how much he huggled before
                    The best are the neck nuzzles. I can imagine Sam shivering just the tiniest bit. . .
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      The best are the neck nuzzles. I can imagine Sam shivering just the tiniest bit. . .
                      He is very good at the nuzzling - gotta take his chances where he can I suppose

Comment

And he does it so well.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Favourite nuzzling scene? Gotta be the one in Heroes!

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                            I come bearing fic!

This is set a few weeks after the fishing trip in Threads.

It's not easy making the transition from friends to lovers, but it sure beats the alternative.

This is for mature audiences, which means it contains sex!

http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/359239.html

I hope you guys enjoy!
                            Holly hannah was that good. I'm going to have to check out the rest of your stuff. Hoping there IS some more?! LOL!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              Holly hannah was that good. I'm going to have to check out the rest of your stuff. Hoping there IS some more?! LOL!
                              Thank you! Thank you so much!

I do indeed have more! In the same continuity, and many for mature audiences!

Here is my Threads tag, Warp and Weft, a few weeks before: http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/357096.html

When Jack comes to see her a few weeks after Three Days Away and they go to Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas: http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/355573.html

Two years later, at the end of the SGA episode Search and Rescue, Undue Influence: http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/355573.html

And a year and a half after that, when Sam is captain of the Hammond, Home Port: http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/357420.html

Also covering the entirety of this relationship from season two on, Unlimited Minutes, five phone calls Sam took in the middle of the night, and one she didn't. http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/357947.html

I hope you enjoy them, and I would love to hear what you think! Thank you so much!
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

My birthday gift for Karine, my favourite fanfiction's writer!

sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X