No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Sam doesn't strike me as a cat person and so I always sort of assumed she was wanting to get rid of the thing and saw her chance with Narim. There was no mention or reference to a cat at all in later episodes taking place at or around Sam's house or even when Pete was talking about 'the dog' and I assume if Sam had had one it would have come up at some point.
    AT did say at one point in a commentary that she justified the nice house Sam lives in by saying it had been her father's before he got Tok'ra'ed. She thought Sam would have lived in a bare apartment somewhere because she spends most of her time working. Maybe the cat came with the house.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Okay...really on topic now:

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...Dangstypic.png

I told you. I. Don't. Like. Nuts. In. My. Brownies.
      OMG that's hilarious!!
      sigpic
      My tumblr

Comment

Fed up with my sporadic watching of episodes, jumping from season to season, I decided to join in with the Season 5 rewatch.... only to find I can't stick to the programme and have just watched lots of episodes in one chunk Anyhoo, I started thinking, ooh I haven't seen these episodes in ages and realised that it's mainly because I'm not a huge fan of season 5. Why? 'cause it just isn't shippy enough! In fact I feel it's the least shippy season due to all the tension and distancing thing Sam and Jack have going on. Even more annoying is that it's sandwiched between two of the most shippyist seasons of the series.

So, I was wondering what do you guys think is the most and least shippy seasons of the whole series and why?

Comment

*Popping in again*

Um, let's see...

Feelin' the need to revisit my 'ships. Aaaaaahhhhhh.

And, pretty much OT:
          Spoiler:
          I've (at long last) updated my website.
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*Popping in again*

Um, let's see...

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...ppymontage.jpg

And, pretty much OT:
            Spoiler:
            I know all those ships...but not the one in the botton right...
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I know all those ships...but not the one in the botton right..
              I think it's "The Scarecrow and Mrs. King" (the dark haired lady is Kate Jackson from "Charlie's Angels".

POL? Am I right?
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

*Popping in again*

Um, let's see...

Yes, yes yes, yes and yes. I ship all of them. And then some.

Some say I ship two motes of dust if they happen to dance around each other in the right sort of way... but, of all those, Mulder/Scully and Sam/Jack are the ones that have endured for me.

Bottom right is definitely Scarecrow & Mrs King. Lee Boxleitner and Kate Jackson.
                sigpic

Comment

Some say I ship two motes of dust if they happen to dance around each other in the right sort of way... but, of all those, Mulder/Scully and Sam/Jack are the ones that have endured for me.
                  Me too! I would add Bones and Booth (yeah, I'm easy. . .) and Maddy and David--but ironically, only before they got together. I hated what it did to the show after, hence why I'm glad that Sam/Jack never got together in the first 8 seasons. . .UMMM. . . who else? Janeway/Chakotay. . .

But for me, Sam/Jack is the One True Ship. It's the one I'm devoted to. (besides, of course, shipping myself with my hubby!)
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Yes, yes yes, yes and yes. I ship all of them. And then some.

Bottom right is definitely Scarecrow & Mrs King. Lee Boxleitner and Kate Jackson.
                    Methinks you mean Bruce Boxleitner. "Lee" was his character's name.

Originally posted by Akamaimom
                    I know all those ships...but not the one in the botton right..
                    I think it's "The Scarecrow and Mrs. King" (the dark haired lady is Kate Jackson from "Charlie's Angels".

POL? Am I right?
                    I'm not Pol ... but I can answer it anyway. You are correct about that being Kate Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Methinks you mean Bruce Boxleitner. "Lee" was his character's name.

I'm not Pol ... but I can answer it anyway. You are correct about that being Kate Jackson.
                      Huh, yes of course. You know I checked the spelling of the surname because I alwasy get that wrong... Doh!

And, er yes, Maddie and David too. Pre I'm Curious...Maddie Yes, you know that one.
                      sigpic

Comment

*Popping in again*

Um, let's see...

And, pretty much OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        I ship Mulder/Scully, Sam/Jack, and oh so many more pairings... I think I should try to put them all in a wallpaper, a very big wallpaper
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Yup, Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Thanks to the folks who answered while I was teaching.

Um...the on-topicalness....

O'Neill loves Carter.

Anyone got the pic where RDA wrote that?
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                            Fed up with my sporadic watching of episodes, jumping from season to season, I decided to join in with the Season 5 rewatch.... only to find I can't stick to the programme and have just watched lots of episodes in one chunk Anyhoo, I started thinking, ooh I haven't seen these episodes in ages and realised that it's mainly because I'm not a huge fan of season 5. Why? 'cause it just isn't shippy enough! In fact I feel it's the least shippy season due to all the tension and distancing thing Sam and Jack have going on. Even more annoying is that it's sandwiched between two of the most shippyist seasons of the series.

So, I was wondering what do you guys think is the most and least shippy seasons of the whole series and why?
                            Oh such a deceptively simple (yet very interesting) question. If you are asking about the [I]whole[I] series then the answer to the least shippy season would have to be 9. But with RDA gone and AT on maternity leave for the first 6? weeks, that's no real surprise.

So excluding seasons 9 & 10 (and I'm often tempted to pretend they don't exist) I would have to say that my initial opinion would be season 1 is the least shippy. That's because I don't buy into the notion that it was love (or even lust) at first sight for Sam and Jack. When I first watched the series I really saw a Sam/Daniel dynamic going on in that first season and thought that's where the show might be heading. (Although I admit that having now been fully converted to Sam/Jack shipperdom, I see much more interplay between them than I initially did.)

I would admit to season 5 being the most disappointing because, as you point out, it does follow the most shippy season in my opinion. After season 4, where Sam/Jack moments were not only frequent but explicit, the ship in season 5 feels like quite a let down.

Now just talking quantity of shippy moments (without any attempt to gage the quality of their interactions) I decided to go over to Rachel500's every shippy moment list on her livejournal page to see which seasons did in fact have the most ship. I just counted every entry (except for where it read "none" obviously), and here is the breakdown:

1=47
                            2=52
                            3=49
                            4=59
                            5=38
                            6=35
                            7=40
                            8=61
                            9=8
                            10=20

So it's interesting that you think season 6 is one of the most shippy because it has the lowest quantity of ship moments from the first 8 seasons; only seasons 9 and 10 had fewer.

Comment

Seasons 4 and 8 are the most shippy--I was thinking that even before I saw the breakdown. Season 6, to me is the least--I think Jonas Quinn may have been like an icy shower.

Season 6 seems to be about trust to me--that the whole team needs to learn to trust each other again. I'd go into more detail, but I'm fixing dinner for the progeny and their corn dogs need to be turned. But it's not shippy trust--just human to human trust. IMHO

But they still each other!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

I have always thought that seasons 4 and 8 are the shippiest, I'm glad I'm not the only one
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X