Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Well.

I've got my favorite episodes of my favorite shows either ripped from my DVDs or purchased from Amazon on my harddrive (which is connected to the TV) so I have a Windows Media Player playlist I've randomized and when I want to watch TV I just hit 'play' on that and watch whatever WMP wants to watch. Now, *that* is disorganized.
    Disorganized...but BRILLANT!!!
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I've got my favorite episodes of my favorite shows either ripped from my DVDs or purchased from Amazon on my harddrive (which is connected to the TV) so I have a Windows Media Player playlist I've randomized and when I want to watch TV I just hit 'play' on that and watch whatever WMP wants to watch. Now, *that* is disorganized.
      I've got SG-1, Atlantis, Eureka, and other shows and movies that I love on a 180 Gig iPod and we link it through the TV. We can also link it into the system in our car. The kids get to choose their fave episodes to watch while we're driving long distances. SOOO much better than other stuff they could suggest!

It's a beautiful addiction.

And can I say that, watching seasons 9 and 10 through shipper glasses is much more fun? I'd never really payed attention before to that angle, but I'm liking trying to find ways in which Sam is emulating her *ahem* husband/significant other and the ways in which he's rubbed off on her.

And yeah--they're together.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I've got SG-1, Atlantis, Eureka, and other shows and movies that I love on a 180 Gig iPod and we link it through the TV. We can also link it into the system in our car. The kids get to choose their fave episodes to watch while we're driving long distances. SOOO much better than other stuff they could suggest!

It's a beautiful addiction.

And can I say that, watching seasons 9 and 10 through shipper glasses is much more fun? I'd never really payed attention before to that angle, but I'm liking trying to find ways in which Sam is emulating her *ahem* husband/significant other and the ways in which he's rubbed off on her.

And yeah--they're together.
        How far have you gotten again in S9/10?

Comment

Just a reminder to all following and participating, that the Shipper rewatch starts again tomorrow with Enemies on Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread
          Please check the thread out for the full schedule.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
            i cant watch like that i have to watch it in order from start to finish with the dvds.oh and i forgot how good season 4 is for jack/sam
            See now that I've finished my second rewatch, I'm sporadically picking episodes from across the whole series, depending on my mood. Which basically means anything fluffy or shippy right now.

Spoiler:
            In fact my flatmate (who I've managed to get into most of my DVD collections but not Stargate - argh!) asked me the other day if Sam and Jack ever get it together...

Me: "yes, but you just don't see it.... why?"
            Flatmate: "'Cos every episode I've seen, they're always kissing...."

I put on something with Pete in, the other day, just to throw her off in the hope that it would get her intrigued enough to watch...

Comment

How far have you gotten again in S9/10?
              I've watched them all several times before (and I'd gotten into the show about halfway through S8 the first time, so did end up seeing S9/10 as first runs), but this time--largely because of what has been said here by you and others of my SG-1 shippy peeps--I've started paying more attention to Sam and her reactions to things. I normally "watch" while I'm working, so I miss stuff, and figure I'll get it the next time around. So, this time I'm really trying to pay attention to her mannerisms and dialog. And I know it's all subjective, but it's still fun to see little bits of Jack emerge here and there.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                See now that I've finished my second rewatch, I'm sporadically picking episodes from across the whole series, depending on my mood. Which basically means anything fluffy or shippy right now.

Spoiler:
                In fact my flatmate (who I've managed to get into most of my DVD collections but not Stargate - argh!) asked me the other day if Sam and Jack ever get it together...

Me: "yes, but you just don't see it.... why?"
                Flatmate: "'Cos every episode I've seen, they're always kissing...."

I put on something with Pete in, the other day, just to throw her off in the hope that it would get her intrigued enough to watch...
                That's what I'm basically doing...

I should really try get some of my friends to watch Stargate

I am thinking of getting an external hard drive to save all the videos, music, episodes, and movies that I have in my computers. I just need to get around to it
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  What the heck is up with GW now? I usually find where I last by finding my most recent post and reading from there. Now when I click on my latest post link (in my profile), it takes me to page 1.

Sheesh.

ahh technology....

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                    It's doing that to me too. Ahh, at least Jack and Sam are so married!

And I've just gotten my series back from one of my friends (one who is now a shipper...) and started my own rewatch. I'm on Emancipation.
                    That's my ep. It was the first episode I saw(besides that ep we watched in HS together). I know some people hate that episode, but I became addicted to SG-1 that very night.

I watched a whole disk last night. So I'm up to Foothold now.

Comment

Ohhhh, can I share my story!!!!!

I didn't want to watch Stargate because of the original movie, and then I accidentally saw Politics. And that totally convinced me I shouldn't watch it.

And then! A friend brought me his discs and said that if I was bored enough I should watch it, and just played me the scene: "You really will like me once you get to know me" "Oh I adore you already Captain" - under the pretenses to see if the disks are working!!!! And I was hooked...
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

I didn't want to watch Stargate because of the original movie, and then I accidentally saw Politics. And that totally convinced me I shouldn't watch it.

And then! A friend brought me his discs and said that if I was bored enough I should watch it, and just played me the scene: "You really will like me once you get to know me" "Oh I adore you already Captain" - under the pretenses to see if the disks are working!!!! And I was hooked...
                        Ahaha! That's awesome!! Now there's a real friend, eh! Getting you properly hooked on SG, not to mention S/J awesomeness!

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
                          Ahaha! That's awesome!! Now there's a real friend, eh! Getting you properly hooked on SG, not to mention S/J awesomeness!
                          I'd hug him every day for it, but he lives far away
                          sigpic
                          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Sam/Jack randomness...
                            cap from stargatecaps.com

Comment

I'm on Small Victories (yes, Season 4!) for my organized rewatch, thanks to the local Detroit channel who plays every episode in order. I also watch SyFy channel for their episodes. My husband doesn't understand why I watch it on TV when I can watch the DVDs whenever I want to. Lazy, I guess. I orginally watched Stargate with regular glasses, several rewatches with Shippy glasses and now I am watching for backgrounds, props and directing.

SGU Episode Location -
                              Spoiler:
                              Did anyone notice that the episode Faith was filmed where PL was filmed? I kept looking for Jack and Maybourne, so when they showed the waterfall, I was wondering where Jack was.

EDIT - After posting, I was sent back to the first page. What was that about?
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

you owe your friend big time for getting you into stargate. i got into SG1 late as the first episode i caught was repeat of affinity which i liked then i waited till they got around to airing children of the gods which i loved and never looked back since.i now own all dvds of SG1 and SGA im addicted for life i think.
                                Last edited by chrono trigger; 25 April 2010, 05:26 PM.
                                sigpic
                                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X