Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here's how I saw it. . . .

And kind of comical--kind of poignant. . .I think that they would eschew any great romantic gestures in favor of personal and quiet. But it's much better in the link below. . .

Passing Time--Passing Go
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

thanks for your replies, shippers, to the question!

IF sam did it, how do you think she'd bring it up and do it?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        today's topic: who would propose, and how would it be done (comic or serious)?
        I think Jack would - absolutely. This is based largely on the fact I think Jack tends to be relatively alpha-male in that way and it's partly her knowing this that made it difficult for her to approach him with her feelings. She figured he'd do so first. And, in fact, even in Threads she approached him still trying to get him to realize what she was asking. She was still trying to get him to take the lead, as it were. So I think he'd do so when it came to a marriage proposal, too. That said, if he was taking too long about it, she might do as she did in Threads and nudge him into the lead, but I still think she'd figure out a way to prod him into doing it first.

But since I tend to think for all sorts of reasons I've enumerated ad nauseum, I don't think they'd have waited that long and so no prodding was needed.

Oh. And serious. I tend to think Jack's humor was more often than not an attempt to hide his emotions and, in something like a proposal, he'd be absolutely serious. In fact, in general, I think Jack is far more serious in his personal life than he's generally given credit for, and I think we see glimpses of that seriousness in what we've seen of him post S8.

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
          oh dear i totally missed your post my apologies

I have to say though i think i agree with you, i can see either of them doing. Though i have to say, i think i would rather see Jack propose as thats just the romantic in me i suppose
          I also agree that i do think that it might start off a little comical and then get serious
          ...And i agree with you. I totally love when i see guys propose. But it is rather funny when a woman proposes.

But with Sam & Jack.. I would be like "SQUEEEEE!" if Jack proposed. Ohh yea!
          sigpic
          My tumblr

Comment

i'm getting dreamy shippy sighs just thinking about s/j proposing.

sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm getting dreamy shippy sighs just thinking about s/j proposing.

me too!! doesnt help im watching singularity which is all Sam
              sigpic
              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                me too!! doesnt help im watching singularity which is all Sam
                i love singularity great episode
                sigpic
                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I don't think there would be a proposal. I think they'd just start talking about whether or not to have a wedding and, if so, elaborate or simple, and where, if anywhere, to go for a honeymoon. All in an everyday sort of way, like making out the grocery list.

Comment

I don't think there would be a proposal. I think they'd just start talking about whether or not to have a wedding and, if so, elaborate or simple, and where, if anywhere, to go for a honeymoon. All in an everyday sort of way, like making out the grocery list.
                    That's actually how my husband proposed to me! Ha ha ha. But yeah--I think that once they admit that they want to be together, they wouldn't futz around with things--they would just go ahead and do it.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

erm ... wanna get married?

ok

Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        That's actually how my husband proposed to me! Ha ha ha. But yeah--I think that once they admit that they want to be together, they wouldn't futz around with things--they would just go ahead and do it.
                        I absolutely agree with you on that. I think once it was decided they were going to get married that it got done not long after
                        sigpic
                        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          erm ... wanna get married?

ok

Sweet!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

i'd still like to hear others ideas on how 'sam' would propose!

or in jenn's case, nudge jack into proposing to her.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm still doing picture filing on my new computer. and...

i'm just looking at my 'desperate measures' pics... amanda was so good in that ep!, and jack was sooooo trying to find her, and when he saved her, you could see the LOVE on his face!

*shippy sigh*
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I think Jack would propose to Sam, and I think it would be very serious, but simple. Jack is a man of few words. His sarcasm and adolescent humour can often be used as a mask, I think, to hide what he's really feeling. I can see him proposing while they're sitting out on Jack's deck at night, having a quiet drink. I don't think he'd make a whole lot of pomp and circumstance about it; I think he'd very openly and candidly tell Sam how important she is to him, and how he could not imagine living without her. That said, I can imagine Sam responding "Oh, Jack..." with tears in her eyes, to which Jack would probably respond by injecting a little levity into the situation, mildly cheekily saying something like "So, is that a yes?"

lol, I put way too much thought into that. I have a whole scene playing out in my head now... you should all be thankful that I haven't tortured you with what would've been a sorry excuse for a fic!

Comment

Working...
                                X