No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pierce Brosnan is really high up on my list. And of course you can see by my sig that Gibbs and O'Neill are too.
    PB was on mine, too, until Mamma Mia, when I saw him sing. Yikes.

But for ship action, I think that you have to appreciate the characters rather than the actors, because generally, the actors aren't involved in the ship--it's just the characters. So it's an interesting dichotomy. You get attached to the actor because of the character, and the ship because of the character--but ultimately, the ship happens (ha ha) because of the writers. So shouldn't we thunk the writers?
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      Okay, I can't even think straight to comment to this. I am still laughing over the Kermit and Miss Piggy ship and their inter-special problem. Eww!

Thank you, another one that hasn't seen MacGyver. I was starting to think I was the only one.
      I haven't seen MacGyver either but I will as soon as I can

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      PB was on mine, too, until Mamma Mia, when I saw him sing. Yikes.

But for ship action, I think that you have to appreciate the characters rather than the actors, because generally, the actors aren't involved in the ship--it's just the characters. So it's an interesting dichotomy. You get attached to the actor because of the character, and the ship because of the character--but ultimately, the ship happens (ha ha) because of the writers. So shouldn't we thunk the writers?
      I love Pierce Brosnan but I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet, it's a musical and I don't really like musicals

I must be a great shipper since I thunk character, actors, directors, writers, etc.
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

throwing out another debatable idea...

do you think mark, sam's brother, approves of jack?

this one might be a tougher challenge than mom.

~waits for stirring conversations to read~
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

come on who wouldnt approve of jack
          sigpic
          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Ohh...this is a tough one. I think that he would. Especially after he saw how happy Sam is with Jack. He would see how much Jack loves Sam and I think he would be okay with the idea of the two of them.

I think this is tougher than mom. Usually big brothers are protective of their younger sisters.

I wonder if he would feel weird about the whole Pete thing. Do guys do that? I don't really know.

Comment

To answer that, let me recommed this fic - The In-Laws
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

good one.

*ponders*

i think that he would have some reservations at first since unlike Jacob he does not have the benefit of seeing Jack and Sam interact in the field plus the age gap and the whole brother thing. but i think that after seeing how much jack does loves and respects sam and makes her happy, and vice versa, and realize what a truly good person that Jack is i think mark would come around
                sigpic
                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Considering that it was Mark who set Sam up with Pete, I'd say that Mark wouldn't think that Jack was a good match for Sam, since they're totally different types.

On the other hand, Mark grew up in a military family, so I'm guessing he understands the connection and trust Sam has in Jack as her commanding officer. However, since Sam's cover story is "deep space radar telemetry", he wouldn't grasp the true connection S&J have with each other in life & death situations.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                    Sharon, I'm looking at the man. . . I can't stop, so what was your point? Yes, Abyss was an absolutely well acted episode. Kudos to both RDA and MS.

Oh Threads. I love that episode, minus the Daniel scenes. Even though it is full of angst, it has a happy ending.
                    Treknik, I love your sig. It reminds me of that twenty-year-old pic of the two of them together. I think they were wearing baseball uniforms- if you haven't seen it, those ladies on the RDA thunk thread have it up all the time.

Comment

I've always interpreted Mark as the little brother (and I've given my in-show examples before) - and while he introduced Pete and Sam, I think it's because he wanted her to be happy. That she could find someone, I think he'd be okay with that. I don't get the impression they're very close anyways and as the kid brother, I think he's used to Sam taking her own chances in life

Comment

I think, for him, the toughest thing would be that she broke up with Pete, thereby hurting his friend. With the way he's been with his family, I think his emotional ties are more with friends than with family, anyway. In fact, I often wonder if Sam's fascination with Pete was his close ties with her brother--and the fact that she would be gaining a better relationship with him through the relationship with Pete.

I also think that Mark wouldn't like the fact that Jack is military, or her former commanding officer. I think that, being in a para-military organization himself--as a cop--that he would see this to be a problem. I think that his assumption would be that Jack somehow exercised some untoward influence over Sam.

And the age thing. I definitely believe that he'd have an issue with his being much older than his sister.

But I think that the other two issues would be more difficult for him.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Hey!

Um, yes the RDA movie I was thinkign about was one where he plays the very, very bad boy Ray (and gets his kit off and gets down and, somewhat dirty...*ahem* There's one of wwo lines there that could, if used in a video - easily be Jack saying that.

I'm just saying.

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                          <snipped>
                          I think this is tougher than mom. Usually big brothers are protective of their younger sisters.

I wonder if he would feel weird about the whole Pete thing. Do guys do that? I don't really know.
                          In my own experience of big brothers (and I have four of them - ok, three since one is only 5 minutes older than me) they don't much care!

On the whole Pete thing, I always got the impressionn that Pete and Mark knew each other through assoctiation rather than they were close friends. I think Mark made the introduction more in a way to give Pete someone he knows in a strange town than as a romantic proposition (if that makes sense) so I don't think the romantic relationship that follwed was necessarily expected.
                          I think Mark might have been confused as to what went wrong with Pete - presuming that, at the time Sam called it off, the wedding was fairly imminent - but I don't think he'd have been particularly frustrated/annoyed at Sam for calling it off and I think, had Sam made the introduction with Jack as her lover soon after, Mark would have found some clarity there. Because, face, seeing those two together, how could you not see it.

As for whether Mark would approve of Jack? I think he's approve of anyone who made hiss sister happy. He might be slightly concenred about their previous working relationship and whether Sam was doing some kind of hero worship thing but, again, I think one look at the way Jack so clearly adores her and the way she so clearly adores him and Mark would be sold on him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is Mark a cop? I'm confused.

I know it doesn't take a lot...

And I don't think Mark would readily approve of Jack. But on the other hand, I don't think Sam would ask for it. I think, perhaps, her brother would need time to see it work out before he even went there. Brother's are very odd creatures.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              On the whole Pete thing, I always got the impressionn that Pete and Mark knew each other through assoctiation rather than they were close friends. I think Mark made the introduction more in a way to give Pete someone he knows in a strange town than as a romantic proposition (if that makes sense) so I don't think the romantic relationship that follwed was necessarily expected.
                              I'm not totally convinced of that. Remember, Sam mentioned to Pete that Mark had told her that Pete 'had a story' about his past (on why he became a cop). Guys don't usually give out that type of info to other guys in random conversations when they're not very close. That's why I'm thinking that Mark & Pete were fairly close friends/colleagues somehow.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                                I'm not totally convinced of that. Remember, Sam mentioned to Pete that Mark had told her that Pete 'had a story' about his past (on why he became a cop). Guys don't usually give out that type of info to other guys in random conversations when they're not very close. That's why I'm thinking that Mark & Pete were fairly close friends/colleagues somehow.
                                Oh sorry, what I meant by association was, that they went to college together or had worked together somwhere along the lines. i.e. they'd been in a situation that's fairly close or, at least, close enough to know a decent amount of each other's background or a long enough time ago to know the history but that they are not necessarily that close now. Mark lives, hmm, San Diego if I recall, and Pete's based in Denver so I can't see it. If Pete had been Mark's best friend then Sam probably would have said He's my brother's best friend" as opposed to "friend of my brother's" and that might be slightly different, but since men have somewhat different views on friendship than women, I doubt Mark and Pete had more than a general friendship than a particularly special one. Ergo, I don't think Mark woudl have been all that precious about them breaking up from Pete's point of view. If anything I think his concerns would have been more towards Sam's feelings about it and, as I say, once he came to see her and Jack together I think that would have made sense.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X