No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's the only thing i've seen of the recut!

*sighs*
    Where, exactly is it?
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Yes, that's gone too. To be honest, I don't miss the reproductive organ line at all but I sort of wish they'd left that in. Then again, if you don't like the new version you can always go back to the old.

Personally I like the new cut. I think Sam comes across as a much more competent person and the whole briefing scene feels more professional and the Sam/Jack relationship feels more like two people on a more even footing rather than Sam trying to play oneupmanship with a bunch of schoolboys (you can tell i never liked that scene much). Plus there's a lovely extended look between Sam and Jack that's shippier if anything.
      Yes! I echo this. I think the new cut is actually very shippy (despite the dropping of that one line) - the entire briefing room scene seems super flirty IMO. They also cut Kawalsky being surprised that Jack had a kid (a flub b/c they were supposed to be buddies). I also felt like Teal'c progression was much more foreground than before.

But yes. More shippy. It definitely felt more shippy.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        SOoo Cute!!

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Where, exactly is it?
        I like the old cut of CotG better but I did buy the new version (mostly because of the commentaries) so I too am curious about that extended shippy look
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Not fair! I can't find the new cut of CotG anywhere in this ittle bitty town!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            And Amazon (or some other site like that) doesn't have it??

Because I am pretty sure Amazon delivers everywhere basically
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              Where, exactly is it?
              It's the briefing room scene, part of which in the original is the infamous "reproductive organs" comment. I think the "look" is toward the end of the conference when everyone is getting ready to leave the room, and Sam and Jack are looking at each other ... and the look seems more drawn out than in the original CotG.

... I think that's where it is.

Comment

It's the briefing room scene, part of which in the original is the infamous "reproductive organs" comment. I think the "look" is toward the end of the conference when everyone is getting ready to leave the room, and Sam and Jack are looking at each other ... and the look seems more drawn out than in the original CotG.

... I think that's where it is.
                Darn. Now I'll have to watch it, just to make sure. I've been watching Entity over and over for a fic, so this will be a great break!
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Yes I guess I have to watch it to, oh the hardship
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                    Yes I guess I have to watch it to, oh the hardship
                    I know, I know, such torture to have to watch young Jack **droooool**

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      (((((everlovin'))))))

Comment

I don't miss the reproductive organs line, but I don't think the new cut makes any sense.

Oh here we go, another scientist. General, please.
                        Theoretical astrophysicist.
                        Which means . . .
                        Means she's smarter than you are Colonel. Especially in matters relating to the Stargate.
                        ...long awkward pause...
                        Well, you can be sure that this has nothing to do with you being a *woman*. I like women, I've just got a little problem with scientists.

Taking out the line about reproductive organs makes Jack's line about women vs. scientists *so* out of place.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          I don't miss the reproductive organs line, but I don't think the new cut makes any sense.

Oh here we go, another scientist. General, please.
                          Theoretical astrophysicist.
                          Which means . . .
                          Means she's smarter than you are Colonel. Especially in matters relating to the Stargate.
                          ...long awkward pause...
                          Well, you can be sure that this has nothing to do with you being a *woman*. I like women, I've just got a little problem with scientists.

Taking out the line about reproductive organs makes Jack's line about women vs. scientists *so* out of place.
                          That was probably the only real awkward moment though. Overall I really liked it

Comment

i have very little brain cells left (after going through maaaany pics today), but i had to come over here to celebrate the wonderfulness of sam/jack!

~hopes and waits for relationship confirmation in movie 3~
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know of a good S/J picture to use for photo art because I started this photo art when I should have been finishing that music video. I have already used the Comic Con/Entertainment Weekly picture but I need one more that I can deck out for Easter to make the photo art look right so any suggestions?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                i have very little brain cells left (after going through maaaany pics today), but i had to come over here to celebrate the wonderfulness of sam/jack!

~hopes and waits for relationship confirmation in movie 3~
                                do u mean Manips or Many Pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X