No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do realize that was no longer our Carter but an Alternate Carter from a very screw up reality (I.e. Jack O'Neill's death)

Comment

Although, Jack is almost 16 years older than Sam, and Jack does say to SAm at one point, "You know how I feel about your dad--love him like a brother." So, perhaps the feeling of relation goes even further. I don't think that Jacob felt much of anything for Pete but a sense of "wrongness" somehow. Especially after the "You really got one of those things in your head?" comment.
      I never knew there was 16 years between Jack and Sam. I thought maybe 10 but never 16. Jake and Jack Seem to be cut from the same cloth almost. That and the fact they had a snake "implanted" Into them to save their lives. I'm Suprised Selmak didn't take that statement the wrong way.

Comment

Pol that was a great analysis and I'm so going to blame you for me watching Continuum tonight!

*happy angsty sigh*

oh and did someone mention Jolinar and Sam? It's Sam

*runs out*
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, Pol, that was great!

*one more shipper's going to watch Continuum tonight*
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I'm Suprised Selmak didn't take that statement the wrong way.
            By that time, Selmak was in a coma. He never heard it.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i always loved "Mayday Mayday We are SO going in" from exodus season 4 finale.
              I just love that line and the look on Jack's face is priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                I just love that line and the look on Jack's face is priceless
                yeah. back in the good ole days of SG-1.

Comment

Pol, your post made this angst loving shipper very happy! *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    You do realize that was no longer our Carter but an Alternate Carter from a very screw up reality (I.e. Jack O'Neill's death)
                    Um...no. That was OUR Sam in an alternate timeline. It was still our Sam Carter, though. She (and the others) frequently talk about putting things "back."

The Alternate Carter was the "dead astronaut Carter."

So, I respectfully disagree that the Carter on the Achilles was anyone other than our Carter.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Um...no. That was OUR Sam in an alternate timeline. It was still our Sam Carter, though. She (and the others) frequently talk about putting things "back."

So, I respectfully disagree that the Carter on the Achilles was anyone other than our Carter.
                      Yup. Seconded.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Never mind time travel gives me a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

The Alternate Carter was the "dead astronaut Carter."

Completely agree.

And great analysis on Continuum, too. I'll also add that Sam never just stands there in shock when something bad happens. She's always moving, always thinking. Here, she's just in shock. Beautiful illustration of a huge emotional impact with no dialogue.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            Completely agree.

And great analysis on Continuum, too. I'll also add that Sam never just stands there in shock when something bad happens. She's always moving, always thinking. Here, she's just in shock. Beautiful illustration of a huge emotional impact with no dialogue.
                            I'lll second this, excellent Pol! It always amazes me when people complain that Continuum wasn't 'shippy'. I found it to be just as shippy as the 'shippiest' episodes of SG-1 ever were. More so, really, if you consider Sam's flirty smile at the end

*happy sigh*

Comment

Awww I've just finished watching Unending. Can't believe it's over *sobs*

The question is, will I wait until tomorrow with the rewatch or will I give in already today?

EDIT: It took me 5 months to finish watching SG1
                              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Awww I've just finished watching Unending. Can't believe it's over *sobs*

The question is, will I wait until tomorrow with the rewatch or will I give in already today?
                                Today. The sooner you start, the sooner you get to Season 4. Yum.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X