No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, it was Fallout not Fallen. My boo-boo. Still season 7 though, thanks.

Nice callback moment here:

Kianna/and bad Goa'uld are speaking to Jonas for the first time:
    KIANNA
    Jonas!

JONAS
    (turns to her)
    Kianna?

KIANNA
    She's right, you're going to need her. Let her help you, for the sake of our people.

CARTER
    It's not her Jonas. It's the Goa'uld trying to fool us. We've seen it before.

KIANNA
    No. Jonas, please.

I just think this is a nice callback to the Sam/Jolinar debate with regard to calling out to Jack. (Not trying to throw fuel on those embers, honest).

And what makes it really shippy to me is that it's Sam recognizing that it's happened before, and they're (TPTB) use two obvious lovers (or severely attracted and at least people-who-have-kissed) in that callback.

And...huh. If Sam is saying what she is (it's the Goa'uld trying to fool us. We've seen it before), doesn't that put paid the whole Sam/Jolinar thing? Sam just said it was Jolinar?

Oh crap, I have tossed fuel on those embers, haven't I?
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Always loved jack's " that's what you get for dickin' around"

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

That said...
        http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...amJackShot.jpg
        My own not-so-awesome manip, but I like it, just the same.
        Thanks for posting the link to the Shipper Lounge!

That manip is great! I've always loved that blue shirt.

I have a goal of 5 script pages to knock out before I'll allow myself to play in another Campfire. Oh, and that big assignment that's due Saturday.
        Can I give you an assitgnment? LOL! That script we were talking about . . . *skips happily away*

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        That comment put some distinctly adult thoughts in my head. . .
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

That line and his "It's a BLAST door." with finger quotes are the ones my husband and I quote all the time!

But i was watching the episode (can't remember the name! Ack!) where the Jaffa and Tok'ra are in the same base and there's the asharak (assassin) and you all remember when Jack lifts up that big 50 cal and just starts shooting? Major testosterone there, baby. I was wondering if Sam didn't sneak a peak here and there. . .despite the bullets and shells exploding everywhere. That's a sight that'll stick. . .
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            That line and his "It's a BLAST door." with finger quotes are the ones my husband and I quote all the time!

But i was watching the episode (can't remember the name! Ack!) where the Jaffa and Tok'ra are in the same base and there's the asharak (assassin) and you all remember when Jack lifts up that big 50 cal and just starts shooting? Major testosterone there, baby. I was wondering if Sam didn't sneak a peak here and there. . .despite the bullets and shells exploding everywhere. That's a sight that'll stick. . .
            That one's Allegience. S6 not long after Abyss.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

i always loved "Mayday Mayday We are SO going in" from exodus season 4 finale.

Comment

That one's Allegience. S6 not long after Abyss.
                I knew S6 because that's where I am in the rewatch--I just know that as I watched him blasting things away, it was a very satisfying sight.

I bet Sam thought the same thing. . .
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

Can I give you an assitgnment? LOL! That script we were talking about . . . *skips happily away*.
                  Spoiler:
                  Yes, mother. Those are the 5 pages I'm working on!

Cake?
                  Check
                  Minister?
                  Check
                  Cake?
                  Ch-- Jack, you said that already.
                  Oh.
                  Does the list look okay?
                  Yup. (beat) You're staring.
                  Yup. (beat) 'Cause I can.
                  Sweet.

Comment

Holy cow... I'm gone for a day and there's like 3 pages to read!

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    This is actually my one of favorite action sequences with Jack. Its ridiculously hot to watch him shoot that gun *wonders if that sounded as bad to others as it did to me* I think Sam would have definitly been a little woozy after watching that!
                    sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                    Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                    GateCon Vancouver 2011
                    Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      I like this discussion!
                      And it seems that we have all strange genetic mixs
                      For example, people usually think that all Italians have dark eyes, brown eyes and olive skin. But for example, my skin is soooooo white (I hate that!) and I have freckles, so I seem more English than Italian!
                      But, it's true that people of all races passed in my Country in the last centuries...
                      maybe you have an olive oil deficiency in your blood....aren't all italians supposed to have lots of it in their blood?

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      You're going to ...die

*criiiiiiiiiiiies*

*runs of to MSN to threaten DM*

I'm all innocent and sweet beside this of course!
                      *snort*

Comment

This is actually my one of favorite action sequences with Jack. Its ridiculously hot to watch him shoot that gun *wonders if that sounded as bad to others as it did to me* I think Sam would have definitly been a little woozy after watching that!
                        You know what else is **hot** is when he takes the gun away from the guy at the end of "Beneath the Surface". I've actually wanted THAT sequence in slo-mo, but lack the ability. I have rewatched it over and over and over and over and over, though. MM-Hmm. Good.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          I like this discussion!
                          And it seems that we have all strange genetic mixs
                          For example, people usually think that all Italians have dark eyes, brown eyes and olive skin. But for example, my skin is soooooo white (I hate that!) and I have freckles, so I seem more English than Italian!
                          But, it's true that people of all races passed in my Country in the last centuries...
                          Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop in after being away for a lonnnnnng time, and here I find you guys talking genetics! Welll, I'll throw my weirdness in - I'm black (African American, whatever) and my son has green eyes. His dad and I both have brown eyes (although, his dad's mom had green eyes and I have an aunt and uncle that had green eyes). My son's eyes always cause people to comment, especially when he was very young and they were blue.

FAN FIC writers:

Please, please remember that Jack NEVER (that I can tell) calls Dr. Janet Frasier "Janet". He calls her "Doc", "ol Doc Fraiser", "Frasier" and something like "little tyrant" if I recall correctly. But I have never heard him call her Janet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                          Last edited by RamonaThePest; 09 March 2010, 04:56 PM.
                          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Aaannnd...getting back on topic...

Smilies by zuz and/or Mala.

Comment

So, as an on topic question, I'll shoot this one out there.

What are the five top (i.e. hottest) "looks" exchanged between Carter and O'Neill?

I nominate:

1) Upgrades/Divide and Conquer--through the force shield
                              2) The Other Side--on the ramp after they close the iris at the end
                              3) Small Victories--them smiling at each other through the magnifying glass in her lab
                              4) Lost City part 2--over the power crystals in the modified cargo ship
                              5) Beneath the Surface--"Sir." "Sir." (You all know what I mean, right?)

I really can't decide which I like best, so--what do you all think? Most angsty--most playful--most sweet. . .

Feel free to nominate your own--I'm just starting with a few of my faves.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                                Actually it was the 2009 SAG Awards because I know he was mentioned there.
                                It must have been both the Emmys and the SAGs then...because I didn't watch the SAG awards...and I know I saw him recognized on the Emmys.

Comment

Working...
                                X