Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
    But brown eyes are dominant and after ???? years?
    That's why I said blue eyes in Ancient Egypt

Comment

Good point.
      sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
      My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
      http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
      http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
      Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Finally nearly got the bedroom sorted and all unpacked at half 3 in the morning.
        sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
        My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
        http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
        http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
        Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
          well there is only so much one man and one woman can do...even if its Sam and Jack

*goes off to watch more Season 9*
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Yes...trupi is right. Don S. Davis was profiled during the Emmys.
            Actually it was the 2009 SAG Awards because I know he was mentioned there.

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
            I would love some suggestions i anyone has any.
            I don't think anyone has mentioned these two former Stargate Fan Fiction writers who now write Stargate Novels (the books by Fandemonium):

Sally Reeve - I don't apparently have a correct link to her site as the only one I have is for Geocites which had been closed for some time so maybe someone here has another link.

There was one Fan Fiction writer named Doc but I don't know where her stuff is located. Maybe the Stargate Novel Archive that some posted a link to.
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            There was one other fan fiction I was going to suggest but I don't remember the title but I just now I just remembered it after some searching, Jo R. - Intervention which can be found here: http://www.shahrazad.net/~sgnovels/a...1/authorj.html. I guess it pays to remember the author and a little bit about the story because that can really help especially when there are a lot of Sam & Jack Fan fics out there.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Which brings me to this...do you all (those who write) read your own fanfic? For fun, I mean. Just wondering.
            Sometimes I do read my fan fiction if I am in the mood to so or if I have sequel planned and I don't remember what happened in the parts I wrote before the sequel.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Sally reeve fic: You can find her fanfic now on SamandJack.net link: Her page on S&J.net
              Also on the novel SG site you can find some of her longer stories(if you prefer to read it in that way)Authors page, scroll towards the R for her fanfic

The fic from Doc are also on one or both of these sites! I always use these sites to read old fanfics!
              sigpic

Comment

Yesterday DM sent me her folder of Sam/Jack fics...60MB!!!!!!!!
                I'll die before to read all those stories!!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                  But brown eyes are dominant...

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  That's why I said blue eyes in Ancient Egypt

I was going to comment on that last night and berate Jenn for forgetting schoolgirl genetics... then I happened to glance at a family photo; two brown eyed/brown haired parents, five children and two are blonde hair/blue eyed, one is gingery/light brown with hazel brown eyes and the other two have the supposedly dominant brown gene for hair and eyes. Included in that is a set of twins, one of which is the blonde/blue and the other is the brown/brown. Huh!

So, anyway, to relevantise that (yeah, I made a word up ) if Jack's got a recessive blue eye gene in there somewhere then there's a fair chance he and Sam could have blue eyed babies.

Hey Lady eliza! Nice to see you back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    I was going to comment on that last night and berate Jenn for forgetting schoolgirl genetics... then I happened to glance at a family photo; two brown eyed/brown haired parents, five children and two are blonde hair/blue eyed, one is gingery/light brown with hazel brown eyes and the other two have the supposedly dominant brown gene for hair and eyes. Included in that is a set of twins, one of which is the blonde/blue and the other is the brown/brown. Huh!

So, anyway, to relevantise that (yeah, I made a word up ) if Jack's got a recessive blue eye gene in there somewhere then there's a fair chance he and Sam could have blue eyed babies.

Hey Lady eliza! Nice to see you back.
                    I'm a quarter Arabic with the dominant features in my family (brown hair, brown eyes, olive skin) and my son ended up with my husband's blond hair/blue eyes (but he got my skin).

All it takes is one little recessive to meet up with another little recessive LOL. And actually there's a family story my grandmother told (a sort of family legend so take it with a grain of salt) that the last name Shoucair (my great grandfather's arabic last name) came from two French brothers who were fair haired and split ways many a year ago. Thus all Shoucairs in the world are related.

And so now there's a legend about two foreigners ending up in an Egyptian camp, their children intermarrying and somewhere we will find a Homer Simpson hieroglyph....

Comment

lol. Aw, hun. I've got a Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry Since Jack's from Minnesota (which, like Wisconsin, is heavy into blonde hair and blue eyed northern Europeans) it's likely he's got blue-eyed genes in there somewhere. People aren't as simple as plants, and there are multiple alleles determining eye color, so it's likely he could have a child who would appear to have blue eyes. Especially with Danny in the picture, it's likely enough blue genes would get into the population that, for awhile at least, it might be possible to have an occasional person born with blue eyes.

There is anecdotal evidence, though I'm not certain of the validity of it, that the European settlers in North America during the 1600s and 1700s found the occasional blue-eyed Indian, which most have attributed to early Norse explorers. Granted, there were likely significantly more of them who merged with earlier Indian cultures, yet the concept remains valid given I did say "Ancient" Egypt, meaning I'd assume the occurrences would eventually stop after a few generations.

Wow.

TMI much?

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        Yesterday DM sent me her folder of Sam/Jack fics...60MB!!!!!!!!
                        I'll die before to read all those stories!!!!!!!!
                        What a great way to die!!
                        Good luck
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          lol. Aw, hun. I've got a Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry ...
                          Yes, I remember you saying once and that's partly why I found it so funny. Because, really, my memory of biology is sketchy at best!

Since Jack's from Minnesota (which, like Wisconsin, is heavy into blonde hair and blue eyed northern Europeans) it's likely he's got blue-eyed genes in there somewhere. People aren't as simple as plants, and there are multiple alleles determining eye color, so it's likely he could have a child who would appear to have blue eyes. Especially with Danny in the picture, it's likely enough blue genes would get into the population that, for awhile at least, it might be possible to have an occasional person born with blue eyes.
                          I was thinking that about Jack too. And, actually, RDA was blonde as a child too so, by extension so was Jack. I'd lay good money on Sam and Jack's children being born blonde either way. Of my two blonde brothers one is quite dark now - I mean almost as dark as me but he was as blonde and blonde could be as a young child.

There is anecdotal evidence, though I'm not certain of the validity of it, that the European settlers in North America during the 1600s and 1700s found the occasional blue-eyed Indian, which most have attributed to early Norse explorers. Granted, there were likely significantly more of them who merged with earlier Indian cultures, yet the concept remains valid given I did say "Ancient" Egypt, meaning I'd assume the occurrences would eventually stop after a few generations.
                          Or not, if there was a sufficient number of babies born and they, as you say, interbred. Say if Daniel had children with someone. Also bearing in mind that Ra might have picked up pretty blue eyed Northerners from elsewhere on Earth and had them as part of his entourage. If you go by the theory that the planets in the galaxy are seeded by people taken from Earth as slaves (which is the original concept from way back in season 1) then it seems there's a lot of multicultural mixing going on, because almost none of those societies have a specific "look".

And , no, it's never TMI! I find the whole discussion about genetics utterly fascinating.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                          I'm a quarter Arabic with the dominant features in my family (brown hair, brown eyes, olive skin) and my son ended up with my husband's blond hair/blue eyes (but he got my skin).

All it takes is one little recessive to meet up with another little recessive LOL. And actually there's a family story my grandmother told (a sort of family legend so take it with a grain of salt) that the last name Shoucair (my great grandfather's arabic last name) came from two French brothers who were fair haired and split ways many a year ago. Thus all Shoucairs in the world are related.

And so now there's a legend about two foreigners ending up in an Egyptian camp, their children intermarrying and somewhere we will find a Homer Simpson hieroglyph....
                          Yes, I am the same; brown (black really) eyes, brown hair, olive skin. My mum is even more olive than me. But my maiden name means "fair of hair or complexion" and it fits in with the roots of my dad's family who probably were fair haired given where they originated. My mum, on the other hand, has some Spanish knocking about in her past which is where the Mediteranean looks come from.
                          sigpic

Comment

I was thinking that about Jack too. And, actually, RDA was blonde as a child too so, by extension so was Jack. I'd lay good money on Sam and Jack's children being born blonde either way. Of my two blonde brothers one is quite dark now - I mean almost as dark as me but he was as blonde and blonde could be as a young child.
                            My husband has hazel eyes, I have brown. He has dark brown hair, I have light brown hair. He is only 5'8", I am 5'2". So, our kids are most likely to be, obviously, brown haired and eyed and small. So imagine our surprise when Son #1 was over 10 lbs at birth, strawberry blonde with bright blue eyes. It's funny now. Not so much half way through labor. (you try giving birth to someone 10% of your size...

Comment

Yes, I am the same; brown (black really) eyes, brown hair, olive skin. My mum is even more olive than me. But my maiden name means "fair of hair or complexion" and it fits in with the roots of my dad's family who probably were fair haired given where they originated. My mum, on the other hand, has some Spanish knocking about in her past which is where the Mediteranean looks come from.
                              I like this discussion!
                              And it seems that we have all strange genetic mixs
                              For example, people usually think that all Italians have dark eyes, brown eyes and olive skin. But for example, my skin is soooooo white (I hate that!) and I have freckles, so I seem more English than Italian!
                              But, it's true that people of all races passed in my Country in the last centuries...
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Sally reeve fic: You can find her fanfic now on SamandJack.net link: Her page on S&J.net
                                Also on the novel SG site you can find some of her longer stories(if you prefer to read it in that way)Authors page, scroll towards the R for her fanfic

The fic from Doc are also on one or both of these sites! I always use these sites to read old fanfics!
                                I believe Doc's real name is Sabine Bauer. She has written a couple of the Stargate novels.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X