Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Gotcha. I totally wasn't thinking about them that way--of course there are moments--but I think that there are moments in most of the eps--it's just how the actors played the characters. But for me, a shippy ep is one in which the situation is addressed. Threads, Divide and Conquer, 100 Days. . .that kind of thing.

I see the flirtatious banter between them to be just them being cute.
    of course...but I have to know all the shipper moments to survive through the non-shipper episodes!!!!!
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Very sweet and lovely fic rec:

The Great and Powerful Homer

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        Just.. remember... don't give up until Beachhead. And then until Off the Grid. Seriously. It sounds silly to say that.. but wait till you're watching those first few episodes...
        K, I'll keep those episodes in mind
        Oh, and Ripple Effect because I've heard so much about it

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        of course...but I have to know all the shipper moments to survive through the non-shipper episodes!!!!!
        Ditto!
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Here are my "just really like them" episodes:
          lol. I can't even give you that.. the list is too long. I can only give what I gave: Episodes I Might Watch Right Now if I Could

All those, except Citizen Joe, would show up on the longer list, though. Among others.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

OH. Hanky warning though. Not for major show characters, but a truly lovely, poignant look at the life of a dog in a family. Beautifully done.

Thanks for the rec - now I have to go and hug my Charlie.
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

now I have to go and hug my Charlie.
              Please don't tell me he's a Golden Retriever, like my Charlie is. . . .that would get into the truly EERIE zone. (but haven't we already discussed the dog parallel? my memory is going--age, you know )

Sooooo..

What's the Shippy take on the episode 2001? I was watching it, and there are a lot of cute little looks between Carter and O'Neill, but then she accepts Faxon's dinner invite right in front of Jack! Is this a case of "can't protest too much and around suspicion"? Or is she genuinely interested in the Ambassador? I'm seriously wondering what the rest of you think about this. . .

And if this is something that you all have rehashed over and over and over, please feel free to say, "Shut up, Sharon."
              Last edited by Akamaimom; 26 February 2010, 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot something. . . whoops.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                Just.. remember... don't give up until Beachhead. And then until Off the Grid. Seriously. It sounds silly to say that.. but wait till you're watching those first few episodes...
                I listened to your advice, Jenn, and you are right. Season 9 does get a lot better after the first few episodes. I just want to say, what were they thinking with The Scourge? Ew, it freaked me out.

Sam and Jack related - you can definitely see a more relaxed Sam in this season. Jack is definitely good for her.
                sigpic
                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Awww...dog fic*sob*

*wants to hug her Labrador now*

I like it how....relaxed Sam is in S9 and S10...I blame Jack for that...he takes all the tention away (after building it up first...)
                  sigpic

Comment

If it hasn't been recommended already (I haven't looked back to see ... ), excellent apocafic-type story by Denise:

It Ended With A Bang

Comment

What's the Shippy take on the episode 2001? I was watching it, and there are a lot of cute little looks between Carter and O'Neill, but then she accepts Faxon's dinner invite right in front of Jack! Is this a case of "can't protest too much and around suspicion"? Or is she genuinely interested in the Ambassador? I'm seriously wondering what the rest of you think about this. . .

And if this is something that you all have rehashed over and over and over, please feel free to say, "Shut up, Sharon."
                      I think she's flattered by his attention/attraction and she's more than willing to take Joe up on his invitation. After all, why not? Nothing can happen between Sam and Jack for who knows how long, and I honestly don't see any problem with her accepting the invitation. There's been no discussion between them and no commitment between them about any kind of relationship. And since Jack keeps pushing her to "get a life", why not? Just having lunch or dinner with Joe doesn't mean anything would likely come of it (regardless of what happened in "2010" ... or didn't, as the case may be)

Although I did find it somewhat inappropriate for Joe to approach Sam like that publicly (in front of Jack, Hammond and other SGC staff).
                      Last edited by hedwig; 26 February 2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

*Sneaks in*
                        HAPPY BIRTHDAY POL!!!!!!!!
                        *Sneaks out*
                        sigpic

Comment

Please don't tell me he's a Golden Retriever, like my Charlie is. . . .that would get into the truly EERIE zone. (but haven't we already discussed the dog parallel? my memory is going--age, you know )

Sooooo..

Nope.
                          Spoiler:
                          This is my Charlie, enroute to Vancouver this past summer.

But...rehashing is what we do!

I'm in the "flattered and a teensy bit of poking slight at Jack" camp. Even if that last is a subconscious thing on her part, sort of proving to him that others find her desirable.

And...thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!!!
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Sooooo..

*cues twilight zone music*....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              *cues twilight zone music*....
                              rofl!!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I have the ticket! *waves it around* I have a golden ticket, I have a golden ticket! I'm going to the Stargate Con!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                                I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                                Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X