No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's at the beginning of Moebius which means, sadly, it might never have happened to 'our' Sam and Jack, though the fact it did happen so soon after Threads speaks to what happened in Threads
    But anyway...re Jenn's bolded bit. *scratches head*

Does that mean everything that happened up until that point didn't happen to OUR Sam and Jack? That (what with the fish and all) we were watching an AU Sam/Jack all this time?
    This is an alternate timeline and not necessarily an AU, isn't it? And the whole point of them going back and planting the ZPM and the tablet was so that they wouldn't ever have to go back in time in the first place, right? That the fish is the only change in the timeline is the clue that everything else remains the same--because they end the episode with fishing--I'm thinking that the original mission actually takes place before Threads, so OUR Threads does happen exactly as shown--except for the fish.

And the fact that there is a fish in the pond, I believe, actually bodes well for our favorite couple. It means that fishing isn't a useless, wasted exercise, and there is meaning to it after all.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      But anyway...re Jenn's bolded bit. *scratches head*

Does that mean everything that happened up until that point didn't happen to OUR Sam and Jack? That (what with the fish and all) we were watching an AU Sam/Jack all this time?

Or...is the episode itself the change-point? We have "our" Sam/Jack right up to Moebius and then *poof!* at the end of Moebius we now get an AU Sam/Jack?

See? As my stepdaughter says, AU's are tricky things. Now I have a headache.
      What I believe happened in our Universe:

Everything we saw from Threads up to and including the conference room scene at the end. Then, instead of the final fishing scene in Threads, go straight to the scene in Moebius when SG1 is watching the video in Daniel's lab at the end. That scene and the final fishing scene actually happened to *our* Sam and Jack.

I, of course, have no proof that anything we saw on the show before that scene in Daniel's lab at the end of Moebius (everything from the conference room scene at the end of Threads and earlier) actually happened the way we saw it. However, I *choose* to believe that because, otherwise, we got nothing.

I am, however, certain the time frame is that those two scenes in Moebius occurred - time wise - in that spot, after the conference room scene at the end of Threads and in place of the final fishing scene and all the events of Moebius up to the final scene in Daniel's lab.

In the Alternate Timeline created in Moebius (the one with the original fishing scene from Threads and the events at the start of Moebius), there was no ZPM or video found in the dig Daniel referred to at the beginning of Moebius, thus requiring them to go back in time to put them there in the first timeline... In *our* timeline, as they had already gone back and put them there, they were there, so we see the scene in Daniel's lab after they get the ZPM and video, the fishing scene.... then continue on to S9.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I agree wholeheartedly. We're not asking for much--just for more than we've got, right?

I think the word that I'm looking for in UNEQUIVOCAL. I want it spelled out.

But even then--I'm not sure it would satisfy everyone.
        MORE anything, something, big hint, large hint, we could discuss and then ask for MORE, like Oliver Twist, we'd never be satisfied but it would be MORE

Comment

MORE anything, something, big hint, large hint, we could discuss and then ask for MORE, like Oliver Twist, we'd never be satisfied but it would be MORE
          I'm reminded of Peter DeLuise in all of his director's commentaries--he's always yelling, "BIGGER!"

Well, couldn't they have made the relationship resolution "BIGGER"?

I'm just sayin'
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            I'm reminded of Peter DeLuise in all of his director's commentaries--he's always yelling, "BIGGER!"

Well, couldn't they have made the relationship resolution "BIGGER"?

I'm just sayin'
            Longer, more often, realise I may be beginning to ramble but I have to leave for skittles........

Comment

Just as an example for TPTB to know what sort of kiss I want in the hotness factor...

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Hey everyone! **waves**

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Just as an example for TPTB to know what sort of kiss I want in the hotness factor...

Yes!

Only longer
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                    Ridiculously hilarious!! Love it

I'm not sure if i can... I did the math and even with the cheap flight it would be around $500 for everything, probably more cause I'd need a place to stay and food (preferably!) plus b/c of the time change I'd have to fly out of here on the 4th, and I'd still miss cause the whole beginning cause the flight wouldn't get in until 10:30am on the 6th!! Its like 21hrs of flying PLUS a stop-over in Vancouver. I would love to go for RDA, BB, and CB logistically its probably not in the cards!
                    Sorry! Didn't realise you were coming in from the states! I will take lots of pics and vids and spam the thread.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

I will take lots of pics and vids and spam the thread.
                      please do! Please please please please please!!!!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Hi all,

Just stopping by with my Day of Indulgence ficathon fic...

The Wrong Timeline: Making it Right

Missing Sam/Jack scene to 2010. Bonus Aftershock story.

Check out the rest of the fics (some are not Sam/Jack but some are - read the warnings) over Day of Indulgence
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

And as we're talking about time travel...

My take:

Threads to Moebius - is our original timeline. We see the fishing scenes; we see the conference room scene and touching; we see Sam clearly giving Jack orders...

But SG1 go back in time and let's face it screw it up.

Alt!SG1 go back in time and help to fix it with our original Daniel.

The original timeline is reinstated but just after Daniel returns and just before they go fishing, they find the ZPM and a video.

So they don't go back in time. But that's OK because they don't need to because their future selves caused the effect back in the past that enabled their present.

....why does everyone look like they have a headache??
                          sigpic
                          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                            Sorry! Didn't realise you were coming in from the states! I will take lots of pics and vids and spam the thread.
                            OOOOOohhhhhh! CANADA!!! I suppose I can forgive you for that one!
                            sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                            Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                            GateCon Vancouver 2011
                            Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

OOOOOohhhhhh! CANADA!!! I suppose I can forgive you for that one!
                              But wait--isn't Canada just the 51st State?????

And I am SOOOOOOO kidding! Some of my best friends are Canadians, so I will have them kill me so that you don't have to!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                OT Olympics:
                                Spoiler:
                                Melissa was wondering about celebrity spottings at the Olympics. AT tweeted she's gonna be at Russia/Canada hockey game tonight.

Good luck with that spotting, though

And, on topic, I've posted the next chapter of Being There: Lodgement
                                And here I thought she would take Olivia to some figure skating!

* Considers using Twitter again...

Comment

Working...
                                X