Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    All I know is the total word cout for 15 years of various fics is about 60,000 words. I'm planning on using NaNoWriMo as an excuse to write.
    That sounds like a great excuse. Bring it!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

It's that time of the year again

Calling artists, vidders, writers and your shippy muses!
      We invite you to find inspiration on this list:

1. C’mere
      2. Sleigh ride
      3. A life well lived
      4. Who dares wins
      5. "Santa? Is that you?"
      6. "I wouldn't change a thing."
      7. Candy canes in hot chocolate
      8. "Die Hard is not a Christmas movie."
      9. Never Have I Ever (Christmas Edition)
      10. "Can you really do that on Christmas Eve?"
      11. "What is your favorite Christmas tradition?"
      12. "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."

Do as many of the prompts as you like. All formats are welcome as long as the content is shippy.

On Shipmas, December 10, post your work on your preferred archive and share it in the Shipmas thread.
      Alternatively share a link on Twitter under the hashtag #samjackshipmas - then we’ll make sure to include it on the master list in the Shipmas thread.

iiradned - itsjustmejac - joyhargraves - samismymuse
      Last edited by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse; 01 November 2022, 02:30 AM.

Comment

So...
        I've just logged in for the first time in FOREVER cause I'm back in fangirling mode.. And I'm not sure how I am handling it!
        I'm writing again too.. eeeek!
        Just needed to share I guess!
        Looking forward to being all fangirly again...
        .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

Originally posted by Nonnie88 View Post
          So...
          I've just logged in for the first time in FOREVER cause I'm back in fangirling mode.. And I'm not sure how I am handling it!
          I'm writing again too.. eeeek!
          Just needed to share I guess!
          Looking forward to being all fangirly again...
          Welcome back! It's been super quiet around here. I've been hopping on every once in a while hoping for more people to chat with. Like you, I've been on a Sam/Jack fling lately. Watching, reading some fic, and writing even more. They're just so--perfect. Post links when you have finished stories!
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Welcome back! It's been super quiet around here. I've been hopping on every once in a while hoping for more people to chat with. Like you, I've been on a Sam/Jack fling lately. Watching, reading some fic, and writing even more. They're just so--perfect. Post links when you have finished stories!
            I have literally just opened your new one... To see it was a quasi-sequel to another one of yours so I am reading that one first haha! I'm starting off easy and going to do a drabble one to add to my 50 Shades of Prompts I started wayyyy back in 2015 haha!
            But I also have some 'cheese' for Shipmas in my head... Here is hoping I can do it between my college work - or it will at least be okay for procrastination!!
            .... sigpic ....

Comment

I have literally just opened your new one... To see it was a quasi-sequel to another one of yours so I am reading that one first haha! I'm starting off easy and going to do a drabble one to add to my 50 Shades of Prompts I started wayyyy back in 2015 haha!
              But I also have some 'cheese' for Shipmas in my head... Here is hoping I can do it between my college work - or it will at least be okay for procrastination!!
              I finally finished a story a few months ago that I'd started before my youngest child was born---and she turned 11 last week. lol! I hope you enjoy "Beauty" and "Cracks". Happy reading and writing! (And college! I remember what that was like, even though it's literally been 27 years since I graduated. Dang, I'm OLD!!! Ha ha!)
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

I finally finished a story a few months ago that I'd started before my youngest child was born---and she turned 11 last week. lol! I hope you enjoy "Beauty" and "Cracks". Happy reading and writing! (And college! I remember what that was like, even though it's literally been 27 years since I graduated. Dang, I'm OLD!!! Ha ha!)
                Yay to finishing a story! haha! 11 years... I dabbled in a different fandom for a while.. but I'm just back from Gatecon, and rewatching while I was in hospital for 2 weeks and on bed rest after surgery I'm hooked again! Why did I go away! hahaha!
                I'm at college as a mature student - I'm currently the oldest in the class! But I'm adamant I'm going to get the gown and hat photo from graduating so I can show my daughter that it CAN be done! ha! I'm currently off as I've had my gallbladder out, so I'm studying at home... Not the best environment, but I am making the most of it.
                .... sigpic ....

Comment

Yay to finishing a story! haha! 11 years... I dabbled in a different fandom for a while.. but I'm just back from Gatecon, and rewatching while I was in hospital for 2 weeks and on bed rest after surgery I'm hooked again! Why did I go away! hahaha!
                  I'm at college as a mature student - I'm currently the oldest in the class! But I'm adamant I'm going to get the gown and hat photo from graduating so I can show my daughter that it CAN be done! ha! I'm currently off as I've had my gallbladder out, so I'm studying at home... Not the best environment, but I am making the most of it.
                  I'm impressed that you're finishing! What a great example you are to your daughter! Major kudos to you.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

I'm impressed that you're finishing! What a great example you are to your daughter! Major kudos to you.
                    Thanks muchly! Keeping my fingers crossed about the whole thing!
                    .... sigpic ....

Comment

I stumbled across this today. It's from July 2021. A Dial the Gate interview with Martin Wood. The first part is about Sam and Jack. A fun chat. Then they drift into talking about filming with drones and they end with an interesting "did not know that" tidbit about Siler's Wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                        I stumbled across this today. It's from July 2021. A Dial the Gate interview with Martin Wood. The first part is about Sam and Jack. A fun chat. Then they drift into talking about filming with drones and they end with an interesting "did not know that" tidbit about Siler's Wrench.
                        I've heard other directors (mostly Peter DeLuise) talking about how the chemistry fueled the ship, but never Martin Wood. That's a great interview! Thanks for sharing!
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

One week to Shipmas

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                            One week to Shipmas
                            Aaaagh! And I'm only half-way done with my new Christmas fic!
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Aaaagh! And I'm only half-way done with my new Christmas fic!
                              There's still time

Comment

Eeek! I'm trying to get a video done but keep hitting snags!!

Comment

Working...
                                X