Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefer View Post
    Really??? Omg, you've made my Christmas. I'll check that out immediately. I thought she'd just stopped writing. Clearly, I was never as deep into the fandom as I could have been. But this is really great news. Thank you so much, I'm so glad I made this post, I guess I would have never found that out otherwise
    It's not at all a reflection on you! I actually didn't know about her newer account until I met her a couple years ago!

I'm glad I made your Christmas!
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      Cast your vote for Shipmas!

December 2

December 9

December 16 (5)

December 23

December 30 (1)

I'm away on my delayed summer vacation on the 16th
      I'm in for Dec. 16! Whoo-hoo!
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Sally Reeve is indeed Sally Malcolm who runs and writes for Stargate Novels, and yes, she's a wonderful writer! In case you're interested, look up Salr323 on Archive of Our Own. Those are her newer fanfics, and they are wonderful as well! There's one fanfic that comes to mind where Sam marries Pete (obviously, that's not a fanfic that everyone will want to read) but I remember it as being such a good exploration of Sam and Jack (and Pete and Kerry as well).
        I read that story you mention. It's really quite good. Without giving too much away, I like that Sam and Kerry become friends.

Comment

Sally Reeve is the reason I couldn't read fanfic while the show was running. I went nuts thinking her stuff really happened in the show. I finally had to stop reading. I will be checking out the novels and AO3.

Sorry I can't be here for Shipmas. Hubby and I are going on a weekend getaway. Have fun y'all!

Comment

Apologies for the late start, everybody!

HAPPY SHIP DAY, 2017!!!!
            sigpic
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Apologies for the late start, everybody!

HAPPY SHIP DAY, 2017!!!!
              We moved Ship Day!?
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                We moved Ship Day!?
                LOL!!!! I didn't even catch that!

MERRY SHIPMAS, EVERYONE!
                sigpic

Comment

Merry Shipmas

Comment

Hi everyone

Where do you guys upload new images for sharing on here? I forgot photoshop got rid of 3rd part sharing for free (wasn't that kind of the point of photoshop?).
                    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                      Hi everyone

Where do you guys upload new images for sharing on here? I forgot photoshop got rid of 3rd part sharing for free (wasn't that kind of the point of photoshop?).
                      I've moved on to imgbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                        Hi everyone

I know that some of the posters in the Artwork for All thread use imgbox now.

Edit: you beat me to it, iiradned

Comment

Had trouble getting on the net earlier plus had to play family chauffeur most of the day so I'm posting this here.

Merry Shipmas 2017!

When posting items to the list, please remember to quote the entire post . . .
                          then remove the quote commands before submitting your post.
                          Also remember to mark *NEW* works and list them at the top of the appropriate section.

FICS
                          Mistletoe through the years by PenGirl91 *NEW*
                          Sprig Spiel by A Karswyll
                          The First Christmas by iamdkscully
                          Twelve Months of Love by A Karswyll
                          Reason to Breathe by A Karswyll
                          Feet on Holy Ground by roque87002
                          An Extraordinary Christmas by BettyHall223
                          Desperate Times by Heaven In A Wild Flower
                          Let the Games Begin by Sparky She-Demon
                          Tree Talking by AKarswyll
                          Truth and Illusions by Nynaeve
                          No Words Necessary by hlndncr
                          Another Wrinkle or Two by pol
                          Blessed is the season by a. loquita
                          Merry Christmas, Carter by A-Mudblood-and-a-Goofball
                          Five Christmases by CSIGurlie07
                          The Accident by Anitafairy
                          Theoretical Impossibility by SGSuzi
                          Surface possibilities by Aenigmatic/Ikorni
                          Twelve Days by Rachel500
                          Gift of Beaivi by AKarswyll
                          Christmas with the Family at Home by fems
                          Christmas Chatter by A. Karswyll[
                          Tis the Season by SqueeG-1
                          All I Want for Christmas Is You by sg-1fanintn
                          Myrrh by Zoser
                          T'was the Night Before Shipmas by BrenRenQoI
                          Under the Mistletoe by SG1Rocker
                          SJ Squared: Christmas Style by PatriotJackie
                          Have Yourself A Merry Little Shipmas by Northwestern
                          Sown by Trinity1.0
                          Sam's Christmas Dream by dreamer one
                          The Tree by Kat Spencer
                          Jack and the Christmas preperations by ValerieJackson
                          The Twelve Days of Shipmas by ValerieJackson
                          Finding Carter by polrobin
                          Twas The Night Before Christmas SG1 Style by polrobin
                          I Heard the Bells by JenniferJF
                          One Small Step by JenniferJF
                          Jack's Christmas Carol by AstraPerAspera

VIDS
                          Say Something by Robin Bishop
                          Song for a Winters Night by Robin Bishop
                          Jack and Sam Lionheart by JanSam
                          I still believe Sam and Jack by neverendingimagination
                          Sam and Jack kisses - Merry Shipmas to XFChemist by Starry Starry Night
                          Sam & Jack Shipmas 2012 by Starry Starry Night
                          Sam & Jack Merry Shipmas by Starry Starry Night
                          Happy Shipmas 2012 Sam&Jack by Starry Starry Night
                          Stargate SG-1 - Sam/Jack - We walk fast by XFChemistSG1
                          Beautiful by Nolamom R.I.P.
                          Stargate SG-1 - Sam/Jack - SHIPMAS 2011 by XFChemistSG1
                          sam and jack - bad romance by yessikg/Yessika
                          sam and jack - two is better than one by yessikg/Yessika
                          I Would Die For You - Sam/Jack by EwigeStudentin
                          Stargate SG.1 - Dedicated to Bekki [Merry Christmas!] by AnnaGiuliaFiction
                          Sam & Jack: The Story So Far (Or There And Back Again In Three Minutes) by Cagranosolis
                          Come On Get Higher by laci12laci/DevilishMe
                          Falling for you Sam/Jack by laci12laci/DevilishMe
                          They Sam/Jack by laci12laci/DevilishMe

ART
                          Shipmas 2017 wallpapers by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse *NEW*
                          Shipmas Cards 2013 by A. Karswyll
                          Secret Santa gifts for IamDKScully & wallpapers made for Shipmas 2013 by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse
                          2014 Sam/Jack Desktop Calendars by hlndncr (Secret Santa gift for A. Karswyll)
                          First Time Series by fems
                          GateWorld Shipmas 2013 by Simlead
                          2013 SJ Advent by Many Talented Shippers
                          2012 SJ Advent by Many Talented Shippers
                          2011 SJ Advent by Many Talented Shippers
                          God Gave Me You sig/avi/walli set (for SaraBahama as Secret Santa gift) by TrueRomantic
                          Christmas Gifs by Nolamom R.I.P.
                          Shipmas Cards 2012 by A. Karswyll
                          Shipmas Cards 2011 by A. Karswyll
                          Sam/Jack 2013 Calendar by Meredithe5

Comment

Bit late, but happy ships to y'all!

Wow, what a long list of material iiradned! it'll take me a while to work through that.
                            sigpic

(I don’t know who made this gif but I’ve always loved this lil guy since I started hanging out here on GW back in the day. Happy to give credit!)

Comment

So I rewatched A Hundred Days and I've been thinking about it all day, again. Although I'm not happy watching Jack with Laira, I can't be mad at him or blame him, this time.
                              When they arrive on Edora, as soon as they meet Laira, Jack seems to be in the mood for a little harmless flirting. Just like Sam was when she met Narim, or later Joe Faxon. Or like Daniel is all the time :-)
                              So why does Jack seem to like Laira? Is it because he is in the position of being the smart one around her, able to teach her something, is she good for his ego? She is independent, strong, and smart enough but not extremely, yet lets Jack act protectively around her. Also the planet is friendly, no Jaffa shooting at them, so it feels safe to be "normal". But then the meteor rain happens, Jack is stranded and suddenly someone who was a nice possibility becomes his only choice. That looks much less interesting than before. So why does he eventually give in? Maybe he is mad at his team? They left him behind so he doesn't need them either? He starts a relationship with Laira but it's clear that his heart is not in it, he is settling.
                              And maybe Sam settling for Pete in season 8 is quite a similar case.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebari View Post
                                So I rewatched A Hundred Days and I've been thinking about it all day, again. Although I'm not happy watching Jack with Laira, I can't be mad at him or blame him, this time.
                                When they arrive on Edora, as soon as they meet Laira, Jack seems to be in the mood for a little harmless flirting. Just like Sam was when she met Narim, or later Joe Faxon. Or like Daniel is all the time :-)
                                So why does Jack seem to like Laira? Is it because he is in the position of being the smart one around her, able to teach her something, is she good for his ego? She is independent, strong, and smart enough but not extremely, yet lets Jack act protectively around her. Also the planet is friendly, no Jaffa shooting at them, so it feels safe to be "normal". But then the meteor rain happens, Jack is stranded and suddenly someone who was a nice possibility becomes his only choice. That looks much less interesting than before. So why does he eventually give in? Maybe he is mad at his team? They left him behind so he doesn't need them either? He starts a relationship with Laira but it's clear that his heart is not in it, he is settling.
                                And maybe Sam settling for Pete in season 8 is quite a similar case.
                                The first answer I have is that the episode was written by a newcomer writer. A woman too (quite a rarity back then). I get the feeling the episode may have been written with lacking knowledge of Jack's history (making Jack agree to a baby so quickly without making him mention his dead son to Laira... I felt like it was kind of weird... or I forgot about it if he ever mentioned it to her). Maybe the new writer didn't like Sam as a love interest too (at the start of the episode, Jack says Sam sucks the fun out stargazing while flirting with Laira and he doesn't acknowledge Sam at all in the end when they reunite). I dunno... because Laira seemed written to be quite different. More overt feminine... more fitting for a "alpha" guy like Jack than Sam if we consider old cliché romance tropes.

And... I dunno... the episode felt like some kind of "farwest"/countryside ideal idea of a romance (gonna be honest here, it soured me on american country dance and music... I know... petty, maybe... but I keep thinking back to this episode when I watch stuff like this since then). The women make babies, the men work in the fields.

If I try making sense of this episode... well, one could say Jack fell in love with her because she was devoted to him more than anyone while he was stranded, she looked pretty and womanly and motherly, she also was making passes at him... which means she also was easily available in a way Sam wasn't at all (i noticed this with Jack's love interests in general... he never actively pursue anyone beyond harmless flirting, he lets things happen, he lets women come and want him... even with Kerry, we can expect she was the one to flirt with him first... maybe he always was a bit passive when it comes to this... or maybe it started after his marriage' failure... because he's scared to commit to someone he may lose again ?)... stuff like this. And yeah, Edora's entire setting was probably pleasing to Jack, who loves his cabin in the wood, his fishing, etc... Not to mention the relative peace of not being shot at. I guess he enjoyed his time with Laira because it was utterly uncomplicated. It's just... the baby thing that felt really OCC for him to agree on like that. And knowing he could have become a ghost father if the writers had confirmed Laira's pregnancy being successful/real (I like to believe it didn't work out but she was strongly hoping she was pregnant at the end of the episode).

I'm not sure he was mad at his team. For what ? They didn't intend to leave him behind. It was accidental. I'm not sure what to think about his feelings about Sam in this episode though ? What was he truly feeling for her before this episode ? Just attraction + friendship ? But what were his feelings during Point of View (a previous episode) when he found out altSam was married to him (and happy before he died) ? Did he know he was falling in love already ? If so, what does it mean that he naturally fell for another woman just like that off world ?

Does it mean he locked his feelings for Sam deep inside because they were considered inappropriate ? Or/and because he thought she didn't return his feelings and would consider them creepy if she knew ? Or does it mean his feelings for Sam weren't that strong when he fell for Laira ? Then they returned when he came back (ending the thing with Laira) and resumed developing ? I wish we knew more about Jack's character and how he canonly feels about the people in his life. I feel like there are things we don't know. Like, did he ever consider going back to Sara after season 1 ? Like Sam asked in season 7, did they ever talk again ? Has he forgotten about Laira and the possible kid ? What are his thoughts about his feelings for Sam (Did their age difference ever bother him ? Did he ever doubt about the nature of his feelings ? Did he truly not care about her sciency talks... considering he was into astronomy ? Was his later behavior canonly influenced by the dramatic events of Entity ? Him directly killing her with a weapon, summoning guilty feelings at the time, similar to when his son died ? Did he ever feel like he was projecting his ex-wife on her at first ? Was he angry at her moving on (with Pete) but was refusing to show it ? Does he consider himself to be like Cassie's father (with Sam and Janet as the mother figures) ? What did he bloody mean in Affinity ? How does he feel about the long distance thing post season 8 (must be hard, frankly... then again, the show did its hardest to completely ignore Sam/Jack was a thing at this point) ? How was his family and why did he never talk about them (i mean parents, siblings... not what we already know about his ex wife and lost son) ?

Sam is a bit less mysterious considering episodes like Grace.
                                My Tumblr.
                                My Tumblr Art Blog.
                                My Deviantart page.

Comment

Working...
                                X