No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like to say I don't work Friday afternoons and everyone who knows me knows I spend that time on my own with the obsession that is SG1. I love it - my favourite part of the week. I've got SG1 in the DVD upstairs, sky planner in the lounge & also downloads on the PC, so wherever I go I'm never far away................. I think I just may be a little addicted

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
      Just like to say I don't work Friday afternoons and everyone who knows me knows I spend that time on my own with the obsession that is SG1. I love it - my favourite part of the week. I've got SG1 in the DVD upstairs, sky planner in the lounge & also downloads on the PC, so wherever I go I'm never far away................. I think I just may be a little addicted
      Hmm..

Did you know you can get episodes onto your phone or ipod? And then, even if you can't watch it, you can *listen* to them through your earphones and no one will even know what you're doing?

I'm just sayin'....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

EDIT: And to celebrate, I've changed my sig for the day which is, btw, in case no one had noticed it even was, a manip and possibly the one I've done I'm most proud of

OK, you're going to have to tell me which bit was manip'd becaause I can't see it.

Which is rather the point, actually!

Have you seen the ones over on the art thread? This week's challenge is to make a manip. Some of them are pretty awesome. Definitely worth a check out.

And because I haven't posted here in an age (suffering from Mojoitis, I am afraid) I had a rare Sam/Jack moment today. I was watching the ice skating (men's free programme) and half way though the routine of Paolo Bacchini I hear, I swear, the opening strains of the Sam/Jack theme. I almost squeed thinking "how cool"... and then it changed into something else. Go check yourself and tell me I'm mad. It's at about 2.23 and lasts for all of eight seconds.

*sigh* and now I want to know what that piece of music actually is.
        sigpic

Comment

*darn multi-quote thing*

Originally posted by es! View Post
          Thanks for the congrats everyone!

So you would probably ask seriously - if you'd ask - about the significance of Deck 3 on Voyager if everybody began wiggling eyebrows suggestively, repeating "Deck 3" and giggling
          Okay, I bite, what is the significance of Deck 3?

Originally posted by starlover View Post

GRACE kiss! *squee* Looky at the hotness factor of this kiss*imagines it to continue*

*iz happily deep in the gutter again*

Can I say it was funny to read that in the name generator of SG names on FB my name was Grace
          I got Grace too. *stares at Grace kiss*

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
          Yeah, look everyone, there's more of us!!
          Wait a minute!! Just not a Threads junkie ok??
          I love Threads! It is when Sam and Jack finally get together.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          Where is this application?!!!
          Facebook.

*still staring at Grace kiss*
          sigpic
          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            OK, you're going to have to tell me which bit was manip'd becaause I can't see it.
            lol. It's a (seemingly) simple one... There's no really good shot of both Sam and Jack with Jacob in the reflection, and I wanted *that* specific look on their faces (his thoughtful protectiveness of her grieving introspection), but I wanted to show what they were both thinking about and reacting to, especially to show what specifically *Jack* was thinking about, so obviously I had to splice bits together (look at the size.. it's far too wide for a simple screen shot)

A couple of you have posted some of the manips here and they've been fabulous. I suspect those of us who don't go to the art thread will get to see most of them eventually either here or on some holiday thread at some point.

Comment

Hmm..

Did you know you can get episodes onto your phone or ipod? And then, even if you can't watch it, you can *listen* to them through your earphones and no one will even know what you're doing?

I'm just sayin'....

The best idea I've heard today!! Thanks for feeding my addiction Jenn!! I knew we've got lot in common
              sigpic

Comment

Hmm..

I'm just sayin'....
                Or you can just watch it and not listen to it. Especially if you have seen it so many times and know what they are going to say. Don't tell, but sometimes I do that at church.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Which is rather the point, actually!

Have you seen the ones over on the art thread? This week's challenge is to make a manip. Some of them are pretty awesome. Definitely worth a check out.

And because I haven't posted here in an age (suffering from Mojoitis, I am afraid) I had a rare Sam/Jack moment today. I was watching the ice skating (men's free programme) and half way though the routine of Paolo Bacchini I hear, I swear, the opening strains of the Sam/Jack theme. I almost squeed thinking "how cool"... and then it changed into something else. Go check yourself and tell me I'm mad. It's at about 2.23 and lasts for all of eight seconds.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_-UyyaquI

*sigh* and now I want to know what that piece of music actually is.
                Nice manip!

I listened to the vid and it is very similar, but I believe (and I am in no way a music expert) it has a couple more notes. My ears definitely perked up at that part of the song though. I thought I heard it one time in SGU between Sharon and the IOA lady (I forgot her name already).
                sigpic

Comment

Speaking of manips, this is what I made for the challenge on the art thread

Jacks one very happy man

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Facebook.
                    I understood....but I searched and I could not find this application!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Wow, a cool catch, Cags!

Treknik,
                      Janeway's quarters are on Deck 3, as well as Chakotay's. His are right next to Janeway's, actually. They are too cool to need a locker room

Torzy,
                      I've just noticed your sig (apparently from the last challenge). Looks great! The manip is hawt too
                      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        Or you can just watch it and not listen to it. Especially if you have seen it so many times and know what they are going to say. Don't tell, but sometimes I do that at church.
                        If you have the option, get it with close-captioning that way, if you have the sound off or down or are in a loud place you can still read the dialogue.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          I understood....but I searched and I could not find this application!
                          See if this works:

http://apps.facebook.com/name-generators/name.php?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Torzy86 View Post
                            Speaking of manips, this is what I made for the challenge on the art thread

Excellent.

Or:

(in the middle) I'm next...

Comment

Comment

Excellent.

Or:

(in the middle) I'm next...

Jack is one very happy man indeed
                                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                                "I am quite sure they will say so."