No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I started doing a re-watch of Stargate Atlantis season four and I'm watching the episode called 'The Seer'. One scene shows a bunch of pictures in Carter's office behind her at her desk. There's one of her and Jack fishing. LOL. I never noticed it before. :-)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
      So I started doing a re-watch of Stargate Atlantis season four and I'm watching the episode called 'The Seer'. One scene shows a bunch of pictures in Carter's office behind her at her desk. There's one of her and Jack fishing. LOL. I never noticed it before. :-)
      Did you watch the first of episode of Sam going to Atlantis and unpacking in her quarters? There was an individual picture of Jack in her luggage. The producers/directors made a point of showing that out of all else she had in her luggage.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Did you watch the first of episode of Sam going to Atlantis and unpacking in her quarters? There was an individual picture of Jack in her luggage. The producers/directors made a point of showing that out of all else she had in her luggage.
        Yes, I had known about that one too and love pausing and watching it every time. At least the producers (some of them) tried, right?
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's just that the set decorators were all Shippers?

sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            Maybe it's just that the set decorators were all Shippers?

Lol... Who wouldn't be, right?
            sigpic

Comment

Lol... Who wouldn't be, right?
              Well, that's how I see it. . .

Other people--not so much.

Still, Jack and Sam are the One True Ship.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                Well, that's how I see it. . .

Other people--not so much.

Still, Jack and Sam are the One True Ship.
                What do they know....
                sigpic

Comment

What do they know....
                  Joy. They don't know joy.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Holy Hannah, it's been one of those weeks!

Episode of the Week Next Two Days...

Shippy Hippy-ness!
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I've made it to In the Line of Duty in my rewatch gif project AT's transformation to/from Jolinar is amazing to watch.

Comment

She also has one of General Hammond. Which isn't shippy, but it still gives me the warm and fuzzies. Also, the fact that Hammond shares a shelf with a photo of her and Jack confirms the ship. If they weren't dating/married, she would have squirreled that fishing photo away out of fear of perceived impropriety. Sam Carter wouldn't dare put that picture out with Hammond's unless she and Jack were in an official relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Holy Hannah, it's been one of those weeks!

Episode of the Week Next Two Days...

Shippy Hippy-ness!

One of my favorite episodes. . So many cute looks, lines, and puns.

I love the line that Carter says in the military truck "Sir, you can't just will something to happen because you want it to be a certain way." So deep ... And a bit ironic, huh? Think they wish they could will other things?

Lol... Did Jack pull his hat out of the utility chest with the zat before he destroyed it? Him and his hat.... Funny.

Jack in jeans hanging out of the bus fixing the engine.... Sigh....

The flabbergasted look Sam makes right before Jack uses the zat on the fire to show they are "aliens". Priceless.

What do you think Jack was going to say to Michael when he said he was drafted and didn't want to kill anybody?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                            She also has one of General Hammond. Which isn't shippy, but it still gives me the warm and fuzzies. Also, the fact that Hammond shares a shelf with a photo of her and Jack confirms the ship. If they weren't dating/married, she would have squirreled that fishing photo away out of fear of perceived impropriety. Sam Carter wouldn't dare put that picture out with Hammond's unless she and Jack were in an official relationship.
                            I never saw a photo of General Hammond. The photos I saw were of Cassie, Jacob, Teal'c, Daniel and one of J&S fishing. I've never heard anyone else say there was a photo of Hammond, either.

Comment

I never saw a photo of General Hammond. The photos I saw were of Cassie, Jacob, Teal'c, Daniel and one of J&S fishing. I've never heard anyone else say there was a photo of Hammond, either.
                              I went back and looked. Yup - Hammond is there.
                              sigpic

Comment

I went back and looked. Yup - Hammond is there.
                                Where in that line-up is General Hammond? The only picture of an older, baldish man on that shelf is of Jacob. It's the last one in the lineup, right after the one of Jack and Sam fishing. No one else has ever claimed that that picture is of Hammond. Everyone else commenting on those pictures have said it is Jacob. Why would Sam have a photo of Hammond over one of her Dad? It just doesn't make sense for her to have a photo of Hammond and not her father. She has photos on the shelf of only those people who are closest to her, and while Hammond was usually friendly to her, I would not call him one of those people closest to her. Can you provide on of the photos showing that it might be General Hammond?

This is from the Stargate Wiki page:

When Sam later was transferred to Atlantis, she brought pictures of all of her old teammates, including more than one of O'Neill, as well as pictures of her father and Cassandra; these pictures decorated her office and personal quarters (SGA 4.03 "Reunion" et seq.).
                                Last edited by hedwig; 11 June 2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X